PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Shield

Gombey
02-04-10, 02:14
First off, I just have to say I LOVE this stuff!! I don't have to worry about using a cleaning solution and then a seperate lube after. I just use the weapon shield and it takes care of both. It also doesn't have that strong smell that screams "I just cleaned my gun" that my wife loves so LOL!! It also cleans a lot faster than the other stuff I have used in the past. I am sold. I will not be using any other product for my weapons. I like the simplicity and lack of harsh odor. I think you guys might like it too!

Now why am I posting this? Well I followed a link that was posted in a thread here for free stuff. I recieved my free sample and the only request the manufacturer made was that I post my opinion. So here it is, I also really think you guys would benifit from using this stuff. Especially you guys with multiple guns. It cuts down cleaning time.

Ok, my comercial is over :p

Robb Jensen
02-04-10, 05:30
I find Weaponshield makes cleaning a lot easier, it doesn't stink, and it burns off the carrier the slowest especially for suppressed guns. It just feels slicker too.

Jay Cunningham
02-04-10, 06:15
WeaponShield is good stuff.

cebuboy
02-04-10, 06:36
Good stuff, does not burn off as easily and after using for some time, makes cleaning easier.

The_War_Wagon
02-04-10, 06:40
Made right here in Pittsburgh, too! I ran my POF wet with it on the frozen tundra last week, with no problems at all! :D

Eddiesketti
02-04-10, 07:57
Through my readings somewhere a person had stated that they use a Weapon Shield product to break in the barrel. Any knowledge or truth to that?

MarshallDodge
02-04-10, 09:04
I like WeaponShield and agree that it makes cleaning easier.

Through my readings somewhere a person had stated that they use a Weapon Shield product to break in the barrel. Any knowledge or truth to that?

There is a guy at the local gun store that does a lot of long range shooting. He claims that he was able to get another 75 FPS in his 308 using WeaponShield to clean his barrel. I didn't ask him how often he cleaned.

ST911
02-04-10, 10:24
WS-CLP = On the GTG list.

OldGreg
02-04-10, 15:28
WS-CLP = On the GTG list.

George is the man for sending out samples. WS is the kitties-titties.. and i recently ordered large bottle from MidwayUSA.

civilian
02-04-10, 16:08
Never heard of this stuff, but if Robb is giving it the thumbs up, can't hurt to try it. Robb, you carrying this at the shop? I may be unschedule leaving myself from work tomorrow :D

chadbag
02-04-10, 16:15
They have a whole line of products, not just gun care products, based on the technology

http://www.steelshieldtech.com/

Shawn.L
02-04-10, 16:18
George is a good guy, I have pics of my son shooting his PS90 around here somewhere...........

Its good stuff....... but.....

I shoot outside, all winter long, and go to quite a few outside shooting events. I like the WS, but its a tad too thick. I have seen quite a few overzelous lubers have guns go down in sub zero with it. If you run an xd, dont get it in the firing pin chanel, they must be tight because I have seen numerous xd's have light strikes in the bitter cold (below 25) with it. I have also seen a couple, not many, AR's have the same issue.
I wish he made a version just a tad thinner for the winter, and in a aerosol.......

Mark71
02-04-10, 17:07
Another huge fan of Weapon Shield Products. I have been using it exclusively for well over a year and the stuff works great.

orionz06
02-04-10, 20:12
Used some this weekend, bought some this week.

JackOSU
02-04-10, 21:09
George sent me a sample and I'm still using it. Great stuff. I haven't had any problems with my AR, G19 or 870 rolling in the snow in single digit temps with wind chill below zero so far.

OldGreg
02-04-10, 23:00
I wish he made a version just a tad thinner for the winter, and in a aerosol.......

+1

Light, foamy aerosol is why won't give up my G96 (http://www.g96.com/) anytime soon. Plus it smells like bubblegum! :D

Evil Colt 6920
02-04-10, 23:30
Ive never used the weapon shield products but from reading this thread I gotta give them a try. I checked the WS site and did a google search but couldnt find out how to get a free sample....where can I get a sample of this stuff?

OldGreg
02-04-10, 23:32
PM Sent.. EC

Eric
02-04-10, 23:47
I've been using it for a few years now. Good stuff. When my current supply of additional CLP's is expended, I plan on resupplying with WS.

Evil Colt 6920
02-05-10, 00:34
PM Sent.. EC

Thanks! I sent him an email and already got a reply saying he would be sure to send me a sample. Im shocked! Im not sure if its just me but customer service like that seems very rare, especially since technically I didnt even purchase anything! ROCK ON WEAPON SHIELD!!!!!!:D