PDA

View Full Version : What's the BUIS-ness here?

Mauser KAR98K
02-04-10, 12:01
I'm looking for a good BUIS combination that will sight well, but won't drain me $130 at the same time. My inclination is to go for a MATECH adjustable (the pop-sickle I've heard called) due to that I'm able to adjust windage AND elevation without working on the front sight. I've done way too many National Match type competitions that working on elevation on a front sight, and with a tool, just bugs me beyond reason. Give me my clicks up and down and I'm happy.

But what to go with the front. I have a railed gas-block, so I have to be cognoscenti of that. I'm leaning for the MI H&K style...but are there any other good FFG that will match with the Matech and are about the same price range?

And are there any other good combination that would work well (aside from Magpul. I like Magpul, but the sights just don't move me)?

SPM14430
02-04-10, 17:16
The Matech is a solid unit if you're on a budget. I've used them before and they work as advertised. You can pick one up for around $40.

If you're not looking specifically for flip downs, the LMT fixed front and rear sights are an excellent choice. You can find a set for $100 if you look around in the equipment exchanges on various discussion boards.

FALbert
02-07-10, 08:30
I have been advised by others not to use a Magpul BUIS on a railed gas block. Plastic and heat don't go well together.

Mauser KAR98K
02-07-10, 11:03
Thanks for that warning.

So, can a Midwest Industries FFG work well with a MATECH?

castillo
02-07-10, 13:04
While not as popular as others, the Matech is good to go. Do not use the MBUS on a railed gas block. YHM has affordable options which work as well as any other brand.

RWBlue
02-07-10, 13:57
I like my ARMS LP rear, but that wouldn't give you vertical adjustments from the rear. Then again, I adjust the front and leave it alone.

For the front, I think I have a MI and a YHM. Both are good.