PDA

View Full Version : new N.O. Xplode NT

ryanm
02-04-10, 15:11
Holy crap... I thought I liked the original. The new stuff is mind blowing!

Drinking it makes your body feel almost instantly warm--even when mixed with ice-cold water. Just opening the packet made me light-headed.

I'm going to have to work up to taking one packet, one packet is far stronger than 2 scoops of the original.

Oscar 319
02-04-10, 15:17
WillBrink, what's the lowdown on this stuff?

ryanm
02-04-10, 15:32
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bsn/noxplodent.html

No fillers, better taste, quicker absorption, stronger effects

Has just the right mix of beta alanine to not make you have painful paraesthesia

Also, the new Bodybuilding.com mixer cup is no longer a piece of crap. I will be selecting it from now on as my free item for my order. Very high quality! The little rotating mixer thing actually works too!

Iraq Ninja
02-04-10, 15:41

Drinking it makes your body feel almost instantly warm--even when mixed with ice-cold water. Just opening the packet made me light-headed.

I'm going to have to work up to taking one packet, one packet is far stronger than 2 scoops of the original.

Ryan, you ever take it outside the wire? We have been warned not to, due to it supposedly reducing blood clotting. Some of our guys drink it on missions...lol.

Maybe someone will set the record straight. They still sell it in the PX, so I guess it is safer than aspirin...

Danny Boy
02-04-10, 15:52
My workout buddy is using it. I'm using him as a guinea pig before I give it a whirl so I'm interested to see what y'all make of it. I think it's like 40 bucks at our PX which ain't too bad.

Derek_Connor
02-04-10, 16:53
Overpriced Caffeine.

ryanm
02-04-10, 17:24
I wouldn't take it on a mission day, but I'm mainly a fobbit at this point. Its definitely not just a repackaged stimulant.

I worked out on a full packet tonight and the only reason I left the gym was because I was completely destroyed. I really felt like it had a positive impact well beyond what normal NO Xplode does for me.

I've tried nearly everything else, Jack3d is also good but I don't like the flavors. VasoCharge is also another product that I cycle that works well but has a little too much Beta alanine.

I usually take Beta alanine via Intra-xcell but this new NT Xplode has what seems to be the right mix.

I have a 30 day supply, I'll report back in a week as well to see if it holds. I'm going to back off to half a packet tomorrow as well.

The PX used to sell Andro back in 2004 so I'm not sure if they really do too much to verify product safety. I think if they can make money off of it and soldiers will buy--they are happy to stock it. I remember when they banned Andro and they made a big deal about AAFES having to take it back for a refund if you had it.

wes007
02-04-10, 17:39
A lot of these pre-workout drinks do contain a fair amount of caffeine.
With that being said it does help reduce muscle fatigue when Im working out.
Im usually able to get those last few reps in before failure upon my last set.
From experience I wouldn't recommend taking this before doing anything anaerobic(besides weightlifting) and in high temperatures.

WillBrink
02-05-10, 08:13
WillBrink, what's the lowdown on this stuff?

Hard to say exactly. It's a 19000 + mg (19.5g) "PROPRIETARY BLEND" which means you have no idea how much of anything is in it. It's the poster boy for what I call "kitchen sink formulas" because they put everything in but the kitchen sink. Some of it can be useful, some of it not, some of it needs to be in specific doses, none of which which the user can figure out from a monster sized proprietary blend. Here's what's in it:

(Contains A Nutrient Suspension Matrix & Peak Power Delivery System*)
N.O.-ALPHA FUSION* **
L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, L-Arginine Aspartate, L-Arginine Pyroglutamate, L-Citrulline-Malic Acid Interfusion , Milk Thistle Extract (50% Silymarin) (Seed), L-Norvaline, Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester, L-Arginine Ethyl Ester DiHCL, L-Leucine Nitrate, L-Isoleucine Nitrate, L-Valine Nitrate, Magnesium Tanshinoate B, Gynostemma (90% Gypenosides)(Leaf & Stem)
MYOGENIC ENDURA SHOT* **
Creatine-Sodium Phosphate Matrix, Creatine-Alpha Aminobutyric Acid Matrix (Creatine AAB™), Malic Acid, Creatine Magnesium Chelate (Magna Power®), Betaine HCL, Sodium Bicarbonate, Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn®), Citric Acid, Creatinol-O-Phosphate, Adenosine 5'Triphosphate Disodium (PEAK ATP®), NAD (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide), Fumaric Acid, Succinic Acid
ENER-NOOTROPIC XPLOSION* **
N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, L-Tyrosine, Glucuronolactone, Methylxanthine (Caffeine), MCT's (Medium Chain Triglycerides)[Milk], Lesser Periwinkle (95% Vinpocetine, 98% Vincamine, 98% Vinburnine [Whole Plant] ), Toothed Clubmoss (1% Huperzine A) (Aerial Parts), Bacopa (20% Bacosides A&B) (Whole Plant)
OXYGEN CAPACITY COMPOSITE* **
Di-Calcium Phosphate, Di-Potassium Phosphate, Di-Sodium Phosphate, Cytidine 5' Monophosphate, Uridine 5' Monophosphate, Guanosine 5' Monophosphate, Adenosine 5' Monophosphate, Inosine 5' Monophosphate, Inositol Hexaphosphate
GLYCEROL HYDRATING POLYMERS* **
Calcium Glycerophosphate, Potassium Glycerophosphate, Magnesium Glycerophosphate, Sodium Glycerophosphate
INSULINO-MIMETIC MATRIX* **
Taurine, Cinnulin-PF® (Cinnamon) (Bark), Banaba (18% Colosolic Acid) (Leaf)

ryanm
02-05-10, 09:35
Hard to say exactly. It's a 19000 + mg (19.5g) "PROPRIETARY BLEND" which means you have no idea how much of anything is in it. It's the poster boy for what I call "kitchen sink formulas" because they put everything in but the kitchen sink. Some of it can be useful, some of it not, some of it needs to be in specific doses, none of which which the user can figure out from a monster sized proprietary blend. Here's what's in it:

(Contains A Nutrient Suspension Matrix & Peak Power Delivery System*)
N.O.-ALPHA FUSION* **
L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, L-Arginine Aspartate, L-Arginine Pyroglutamate, L-Citrulline-Malic Acid Interfusion , Milk Thistle Extract (50% Silymarin) (Seed), L-Norvaline, Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester, L-Arginine Ethyl Ester DiHCL, L-Leucine Nitrate, L-Isoleucine Nitrate, L-Valine Nitrate, Magnesium Tanshinoate B, Gynostemma (90% Gypenosides)(Leaf & Stem)
MYOGENIC ENDURA SHOT* **
Creatine-Sodium Phosphate Matrix, Creatine-Alpha Aminobutyric Acid Matrix (Creatine AAB™), Malic Acid, Creatine Magnesium Chelate (Magna Power®), Betaine HCL, Sodium Bicarbonate, Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn®), Citric Acid, Creatinol-O-Phosphate, Adenosine 5'Triphosphate Disodium (PEAK ATP®), NAD (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide), Fumaric Acid, Succinic Acid
ENER-NOOTROPIC XPLOSION* **
N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, L-Tyrosine, Glucuronolactone, Methylxanthine (Caffeine), MCT's (Medium Chain Triglycerides)[Milk], Lesser Periwinkle (95% Vinpocetine, 98% Vincamine, 98% Vinburnine [Whole Plant] ), Toothed Clubmoss (1% Huperzine A) (Aerial Parts), Bacopa (20% Bacosides A&B) (Whole Plant)
OXYGEN CAPACITY COMPOSITE* **
Di-Calcium Phosphate, Di-Potassium Phosphate, Di-Sodium Phosphate, Cytidine 5' Monophosphate, Uridine 5' Monophosphate, Guanosine 5' Monophosphate, Adenosine 5' Monophosphate, Inosine 5' Monophosphate, Inositol Hexaphosphate
GLYCEROL HYDRATING POLYMERS* **
Calcium Glycerophosphate, Potassium Glycerophosphate, Magnesium Glycerophosphate, Sodium Glycerophosphate
INSULINO-MIMETIC MATRIX* **
Taurine, Cinnulin-PF® (Cinnamon) (Bark), Banaba (18% Colosolic Acid) (Leaf)

I agree, I wish it gave a detailed break out of ingrediants. I still think this is one of their better formulas to date. I like the original no-xplode best but thats been gone for years. The last 2 years has a different recipe and a chemical after taste.

The new version has a cough syrup after taste, which is similar to most of the other pre-work out drinks out there. Not sure why that's such a common thing these days.

WillBrink
02-05-10, 10:23
I agree, I wish it gave a detailed break out of ingrediants. I still think this is one of their better formulas to date. I like the original no-xplode best but thats been gone for years. The last 2 years has a different recipe and a chemical after taste.

The new version has a cough syrup after taste, which is similar to most of the other pre-work out drinks out there. Not sure why that's such a common thing these days.

As there's a whole lot of stuff in there I have no interest in taking (CEE for example), or has no real reason for being in there other then it looks fancy, or can get cheaper other places and in known doses, etc, I'll pass on such formulas personally, but if you like the stuff, it's all good. It's a popular product.;)

Me, a strong cup of coffee (black and bitter, like my women...), 5-10gram of L Tyrosine, taken on an empty stomach, and I am GTG.

I do use many of the things listed in that formula, such as beta alynine, etc, but I know the exact dose I'm getting, which is for me, important.

Derek_Connor
02-05-10, 11:07
I do use many of the things listed in that formula, such as beta alynine, etc, but I know the exact dose I'm getting, which is for me, important.

Agreed.

WillBrink
02-07-10, 09:05
Agreed.

As they say "Twisted minds think alike" :cool:

GermanSynergy
02-09-10, 09:28

Ahh the stuff they sell at the Liberty PX :) When my roomy left Baghdad for a gig in Kandahar he left me with a metric ton of workout supplements, N 0 Explode, Whey protein and the like.

I'll have to try this new stuff and see how it stacks up :)

When I departed VBC in December I passed the Gorilla trunk of supplements to the new resident of my room. Had I known you were on the FOB I'd have given it to you.

ryanm
02-09-10, 16:24
Day 5 of NO Xplode NT

Still think it is very powerful, can't get past the taste of the fruit punch version. Just like NyQuil to me now--except I have to drink 12 oz of it.

I think its stronger than anything they've ever made, but I can't stand burping nyquil 8 hours after taking it.

I might try another flavor before abanonding this and going back to standard NO Xplode/Grape.

I don't know why they had to change the original NO Xplode from 2006/2007. That stuff tasted great, worked well, and was everything I wanted it to be.

I'm going to have to bail on NT due to the taste.

theblackknight
02-13-10, 21:50
The normal stuff did absolutly nothing for me, might as well have been koolaid.

Rated21R
02-14-10, 01:08
Pretty much my entire team of guys was taking this whilst in Iraq. They tried to get me to take it and I never did. I saw what it did to them (little to no sleep some times on very low doses, etc.) Results may vary of course. Enjoy!