PDA

View Full Version : magpul targets

htxred
02-04-10, 22:24
will the paper targets used in magpul dynamic classes ever be available for purchase?

htxred
02-11-10, 10:52
....... bump. lol.

Stickman
02-13-10, 12:33
For people who haven't seen them....

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%204/STCK0472%201024%20Stick.jpg

Strikeforcewombat
02-13-10, 12:35
For people who haven't seen them....

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%204/STCK0472%201024%20Stick.jpg

If I saw a crazy girl coming at me with a knife I'd try to marry her long before I'd try to shoot her.

SeriousStudent
02-13-10, 13:28
If I saw a crazy girl coming at me with a knife I'd try to marry her long before I'd try to shoot her.

Allow me to introduce you to my ex-wife sometime, if crazy chicks with blades hold an attraction. ;)

Strikeforcewombat
02-13-10, 13:31
Allow me to introduce you to my ex-wife sometime, if crazy chicks with blades hold an attraction. ;)

Well you know I believe in keeping within your own, and for me that's psychologically challenged americans. :p Doesn't have to be blades though I accept all forms of crazy.

rugbymike
03-16-10, 14:21
On AR15.com Travis Haley said they are going through extensive T&E.

Hammar
03-16-10, 23:56
For some reason I found the bunny target very disturbing.

Sproggy
03-21-10, 17:28
Im curious to know when these will become available as well. Im going to be ordering a few hundred paper targets in the very near future and im tryin to hold out for these. The VTAC targets also look very nice and they are already available.

OldGreg
03-22-10, 23:44
The 'Gangsta' cracks me up! Awesome!

izrafil
03-23-10, 06:03
What is the rabbit using as a weapon? I remember shooting him in a class, but forgot to look more closely :D Looked like a deadly can of pringles or maybe some salami.

cevtv
03-23-10, 14:26
What is the rabbit using as a weapon? I remember shooting him in a class, but forgot to look more closely :D Looked like a deadly can of pringles or maybe some salami.

Bottle held by the neck?

Titleist
03-23-10, 14:35

It's a dirty bomb or something. I believe all of the targets are magpul employees by the way.

rugbymike
03-25-10, 17:33
Hahaha I love that!!! If that is true they need Chris and Travis targets. Delta Force movie poster with Chris Costa's face on Chuck Norris' body, and Travis Haley........ (not sure)

Strikeforcewombat
03-25-10, 19:34
Hahaha I love that!!! If that is true they need Chris and Travis targets. Delta Force movie poster with Chris Costa's face on Chuck Norris' body, and Travis Haley........ (not sure)

I don't know man, as someone who has gone to kinkos and printed out poster size pictures of myself and a few friends for fun target practice. I can honestly say every time it just grinds its way down to shooting each other's cardboard counterpart in the junk, and making jokes about it. If Travis and Chris manage to teach a class without falling to that temptation, well then I need to know that secret.

rugbymike
03-25-10, 19:43
PERFECT!!! They could move the green circle to "the junk region."

htxred
04-23-10, 21:59
The 'Gangsta' cracks me up! Awesome!

that was travis, they screwed with the face and darkened it up, but had to stop circulating the target due to political shit.

i snagged a few from the last class i was at but shhhh.

JLM
05-30-10, 03:58
Any updates?

The Bunny is classic, gotta have some....

obucina
05-30-10, 08:45
Im all about flava flav!

CENTCOM_Survivor
05-30-10, 09:05
Those look pretty cool. Nice to see some fun going on.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-01-10, 00:19

On AR15.com Travis Haley said they are going through extensive T&E.

The girl is HOT I think, her mouth slightly open and her pouty lips. In our carbine class, over Easter weekend, we shot the bunny all the first day. Forgot to get pics.

I'd say the main issue is that when you get 50 or so yards away the green circle in the middle, and even the whole person, doesn't have enough contrast to stand out, it is kind of like shooting at a blob. It seemed like the targets where more Costa's project than Travis', but that might just have been who I heard talking about them.

Could do a hippy one with a peace symbol on his t-shirt for a nice 8 inch circle.

JSantoro
06-01-10, 09:42
If I could get hippie (paper!) targets, I'd depart from my normal policy of refusing to pay for targetry beyond paper plates and 3x5 cards.

In a heartbeat.

sammage
06-01-10, 09:58
If I could get hippie (paper!) targets, I'd depart from my normal policy of refusing to pay for targetry beyond paper plates and 3x5 cards.

In a heartbeat.

Then you'll enjoy this, especially skip to 50 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ftGUG7GRLE

FishingFool
06-01-10, 14:16
Deleted

brickbd
06-02-10, 15:50
For those of you that have seen the handgun DVD, anyone know where on line I can get the target they used during disc 1? Thats a very good trainging traget. I would like to get my hand on a copy to make copies

htxred
06-07-10, 22:41
For those of you that have seen the handgun DVD, anyone know where on line I can get the target they used during disc 1? Thats a very good trainging traget. I would like to get my hand on a copy to make copies

its US training center targets i believe.

Reseremb
07-01-10, 18:31
Interesting...

Magpul targets, Coming Soon... (http://store.magpul.com/prod_detail_list/75)

chadbag
07-04-10, 02:32
I'd say the main issue is that when you get 50 or so yards away the green circle in the middle, and even the whole person, doesn't have enough contrast to stand out, it is kind of like shooting at a blob. It seemed like the targets where more Costa's project than Travis', but that might just have been who I heard talking about them.

Costa mentioned gnat he was not all the happy with the green for that reason and he mentioned something about blue as well. No clue if they are actually acting on it.

htxred
07-09-10, 18:53
looks like they are available now through the website. unfortunately no bunny targets but i guess magpul corp changed their minds about the homeboy target, i thought travis said they had to pull those targets even though thats actually him.

GotAmmo
07-09-10, 18:59
dang beat me to it

Titleist
07-09-10, 18:59
looks like they are available now through the website. unfortunately no bunny targets but i guess magpul corp changed their minds about the homeboy target, i thought travis said they had to pull those targets even though thats actually him.

All the targets are Magpul employees ;)

Cwood
07-09-10, 19:14
I heard a rumor that the knife wielding woman was Jill, but she will neither confirm or deny this.

Titleist
07-09-10, 20:35
It's not Jill ;)

nickdrak
07-09-10, 23:40
that's some expensive ass paper!!!:eek:

Dozer
07-10-10, 11:16
that's some expensive ass paper!!!:eek:

It's a pack of 100 for $74.95. At $0.75 a piece, how is that expensive paper?

Cwood
07-10-10, 11:33
It is a little on the pricey side compared to Vtac's doubled sided targets for $40 a 100.

Like everything, it all depends on what you are looking for.

rob_s
07-10-10, 11:36
on Magpul's site (http://store.magpul.com/product/DYN100/112)

Anyone have any comments/thoughts on such a clearly defined target area? or the size thereof?

PrivateCitizen
07-10-10, 12:23
on Magpul's site (http://store.magpul.com/product/DYN100/112)

Anyone have any comments/thoughts on such a clearly defined target area? or the size thereof?

I think I like them.

They look to be somewhat less IPDA/Precision/Scoring oriented and more toward just good COM effective hits.

More than once I have had to sort of force context on regular targets when doing things like movement or barriers. I have to actively disregard my hangups on groups or score when those weren't the point. These might help that.

Granted I do not have the trigger time many do so I might be wrong.

I am a little bummed that have the 'cool' targets but not the 15 zone small targets for call-out drills.

Also a a little unsure why they went to a cyan zone from the hivis green … maybe conflicts with tritiums?

Dozer
07-10-10, 12:26
http://store.magpul.com/downloads/Magpul-Newsfeed-BSA%20Targets.pdf

Speed Racer
07-10-10, 12:35
Oh, man .... no bunny!

I'll order a couple of packs though. Cool targets.

Dozer
07-10-10, 12:53
Oh, man .... no bunny!...yet. ;)

SeriousStudent
07-10-10, 14:36
Woot!

I shall sit quietly and patiently by the computer, waiting to order..... :D

nickdrak
07-10-10, 14:42
It's a pack of 100 for $74.95. At $0.75 a piece, how is that expensive paper?

They're definitely cool targets, but I personally cannot justify that price for the amount of targets my department & I use for training when I can get similar targets for half the price or less.

Dozer
07-10-10, 15:08
They're definitely cool targets, but I personally cannot justify that price for the amount of targets my department & I use for training when I can get similar targets for half the price or less.

And that's cool if that is the case.

However with the features and info included with these targets plus the adhesive top this is more than just simple paper.

Either way, I wish you luck with your purchases and hope that whatever you buy meets your needs.

rob_s
07-10-10, 15:13
What do you mean by "adhesive top"? Do these work like post-its?

Dozer
07-10-10, 15:18
What do you mean by "adhesive top"? Do these work like post-its?

Each target has a tear-off glue top to keep organized at the range on windy days.

ST911
07-10-10, 17:11

One of the benefits of the photo realistic targets is the obscured scoring/target area. Superimposing a high visibility zone nullifies the benefits of the PR a bit.

More prominent scoring zones tend to be better earlier in a training cycle to build reference memory. Later, you take that zone away to promote less range-think and more reality.

ForTehNguyen
07-14-10, 15:34
targets available now: $75 for 4 pads of 25 each

http://store.magpul.com/product/DYN100/112

no psycho bunny tho :(

oops repost, ignore

Tlyledesign
07-20-10, 14:52

That's what I did...;)

Titleist
07-20-10, 14:55
That's what I did...;)

I was wondering when you'd show up, Trevor.

Tlyledesign
07-20-10, 14:59
I was wondering when you'd show up, Trevor.

I lurk more than I post here for some strange reason...

snakedoctor
07-22-10, 08:33
the price and no bunny is what's stopping me from buying them. I was really looking forward to the bunny Magpul! :suicide2: