PDA

View Full Version : Savannah area members

perna
02-05-10, 18:57
Post if you are in the area and want to get out and shoot. Lets hear where you are and where you shoot.

I live in the city and shoot in Richmond Hill.

Evil Colt 6920
02-05-10, 21:39
Im in SC, 20 minutes from Savannah and I shoot at this (http://targetgunrange.com/) private club. Getting together for a range day sounds fun:cool:

perna
02-05-10, 22:22
That club looks cool, never heard of it before.

Evil Colt 6920
02-05-10, 22:37
That club looks cool, never heard of it before.

It wasnt easy to find that club but Im sure glad I did. I got a key and an ID badge and Im 30 minutes from there:D Its open to members 24/7. It gets a bit busy on weekends but its fun, the members are great folks. I usually go during the week, perks of self employment. During the week its pretty dead out there, so I have free run of the 11 acre range. If anyone wants to check the club out let me know, Ill be happy to take anyone out there as a guest.

perna
02-05-10, 23:24
I really want to check it out, and also self-employed right now so I can go during the week. The website doesnt really give a specific location, how far off of 95 is it?

Evil Colt 6920
02-06-10, 00:19
Yeah the website doesnt get too specific on the location, its prolly about 20-25 mins tops to the range once you get to the SC state line, and Id guess about 10-15 of that is on I-95. Ill be out of town all next week but Id be happy to meet you at exit 8(where my I-95 trip begins)and let you follow me out there or even carpool once I get back in town. During the week is definitely the best time to go, usually my brother and I are there alone but at most there may be a few others. Ive never been to the Richmond Hill range but from what I hear it can get a bit crowded. Thats never the case with this place on week days.

DevilPhrog
02-06-10, 19:08
I am up for it, I live in Rincon and have some ex jarhead friends that would probably join on too. Look forward to hearing something being put together.

perna
02-06-10, 19:55
I have never been to Richmond Hill on the weekend, do not want to waste my time to drive there if it is totally packed. During the week it is fine, I have not had to wait more than 10 mins to get a bench.

DevilPhrog
02-06-10, 20:48
I do go out there on the weekend, but I get out there and start shooting at 8 a.m. and usually leave by 9:30 a.m. That is when it starts to get crowded and dangerous. Really stinks I drive 45 minutes to shoot for just over an hour, but that is the only place that I have to go.

Evil Colt 6920
02-06-10, 21:09
I never have to wait to shoot at the private club Im a member of. In fact, most the time I go to shoot Im the only person there. I usually get there around 11am and Ill stay till sunset. I get a lot of time in with my rifles and pistols. I even leave my rifles sitting at the rifle range while I walk over to the pistol range for a while. The weekends, especially Saturdays theres quite a few members there. Saturday is the busiest, the owner cooks up a good lunch around noon and feeds us well:D

DevilPhrog
02-07-10, 19:23
I never have to wait to shoot at the private club Im a member of. In fact, most the time I go to shoot Im the only person there. I usually get there around 11am and Ill stay till sunset. I get a lot of time in with my rifles and pistols. I even leave my rifles sitting at the rifle range while I walk over to the pistol range for a while. The weekends, especially Saturdays theres quite a few members there. Saturday is the busiest, the owner cooks up a good lunch around noon and feeds us well:D

I am up for a meet if we can meet up.

Evil Colt 6920
02-20-10, 17:05
OK guys, good news:D I spoke with the owner of the Dos Lupes gun club in Ridgeland SC today about whether or not I could bring a handful of m4c members out to the range sometime. He approved:D

He also mentioned we should have some type of match to make it a little more fun. Something along the lines of a 100 yard bowling pin match. Ive never shot competitively but I think it sounds like a fun way to get the local area m4c members a chance to hang out and shoot together. The owner even mentioned he'd cook for us:cool:

So what do you guys think about this? And Id also like to hear suggestions on how this match should be set up. Maybe we could even have a small entry fee and let the top 3 spots take home some extra cash. :confused: Like I said, Ive never been to a competition before so Im a total newb to this. Id love to get yalls feedback.

Id like to do this fairly soon, maybe in about a month or so. So who wants to go out and kill some bowling pins?:D

DevilPhrog
02-20-10, 20:14
Sounds great, I would love to meet up and do some shooting, I can see going bowling with an AR to be a fun experience. Let me know but I am in for sure so I hope this all works out.:D

Evil Colt 6920
02-20-10, 23:32
Well Devil it may just be the two of us, i just noticed that it says banned under perna's name :confused: I wonder what happened :confused:

DevilPhrog
02-21-10, 19:42
I do not know, If you want I have a buddy that I work with that is a jarhead also that may want to come. Let me know either way and we will work something out.:cool:

Evil Colt 6920
02-21-10, 21:17
Yeah bring your buddy with you, I think the more the merrier:D The date isnt set in stone yet but it will most likely be March 20th or 27th. There will be an entry fee of 5-10 bucks for the 100 yard bowling pin shoot. Hopefully, based on feedback from other members, we can have all this set in stone by this time next week. So if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, lets hear em'

Ga Shooter
02-22-10, 12:45
I sent you a PM. I may be there will have to check when the dates get set.

Evil Colt 6920
02-22-10, 13:24
Well at this point, we are still tossing ideas around. If anyone already has plans for certain Saturdays in late March early April, let that be known so we can choose a date that will allow anyone who wants to participate to do so. I know the key to failure is trying to please everyone, :p but Ill try to set something up that works for us all.

Ga Shooter
02-22-10, 14:11
My 10 year anniversary is first part of April, but my plans for that have not been finalized yet. When I know I will let you know.

blade_68
02-22-10, 18:17
I'm wondering if I 'd be ably to to jump in of sorts.
I live in Hinesville. i work odd shifts 12.3 hrs
I was thinking the same thing to on Perna?

Evil Colt 6920
02-22-10, 19:34
I'm wondering if I 'd be ably to to jump in of sorts.
I live in Hinesville. i work odd shifts 12.3 hrs
I was thinking the same thing to on Perna?

Do you work Saturdays?

Ga Shooter
02-27-10, 17:40
Did you get my ideas about the match? What did Russ say? I have another idea if we can get together and it looks like fun. Maybe we can start a club in your club. We can talk more if it works out.

matt86
02-28-10, 20:43
FT Stewart range off 144

Evil Colt 6920
02-28-10, 21:59
Did you get my ideas about the match? What did Russ say? I have another idea if we can get together and it looks like fun. Maybe we can start a club in your club. We can talk more if it works out.

Yes, I got your ideas on the match and they sound great, the best part being, I'm sure Russ wont have any issues with them. I thought I responded to your PM but I must have forgot. I got busy with work and wasn't able to meet with Russ this weekend but I'll give him a call to discuss the meet tomorrow.

I also like the sound of a club for us local members, Im sure things will work out and we can make meet ups a regular thing someday. :) Ill be going out there at least 2 days this week, undecided on which days, if anyone wants to come along to check the place out let me know. I'm waiting on a trigger from Bill Springfield(crossing fingers in hopes its here tomorrow) and as soon as it shows up, its get'n installed and I'm going out to the range:D

perna
03-13-10, 21:29
Hey guys, did I miss anything?

blade_68
03-26-10, 12:07
I work a rotating shift... leaving area for few weeks to P.R.C. next week.:D

perna
just wondering what happened to you:confused:

right now don't know if and when be ably to be on-line :confused:

perna
03-27-10, 01:34
Well the weather has finally become nice, although the sand gnats are INSANE.

xCONTRAKTx
07-02-11, 17:03
looking for some shooting buddies in the augusta area-anyone else local to the aug?

Just10
11-16-11, 19:37
I'm in Statesboro, looking to shoot more with a few others.

lowcountrytj
01-25-12, 18:34
Looks quiet in here.I live in Rincon and always interested in shooting.

noliver
02-17-12, 09:23
I live in Claxton and i also Stay inDarien some as well. I am about to buy a Daniel Defence 300 blackout and buy a jp .223 upper for it as well. I have one big probelem i have know where to shoot it!! When i am in Claxton i could easily find some where to pop off a few rounds but nothing over about fifty rounds or so. Firearm noise is not what people want to hear on a Saturday or Sunday (or at least not 300 rounds or more). So my Question is is there any where within a hour of either Claxton or Darien that has a decent place to shoot. I do not mind paying for membership (i expect that) or just pay to use the facilities. I would think that between Statesboro, Savannah, Hinesville, and Brunswick there would be a decent range somewhere but i have yet to find it. Does Ft. Stewert let Civilians use there range on 144? I called range Control on time and asked them and They Said no. At one time i tried to get some people up to lease some land to make our own range but when it came down to it people started backing out and it was hard to find land owners that would let us use the land for a range. Anyway...... any advice or info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Evil Colt 6920
02-17-12, 23:11
:)Theres a private gun club in ridgeland, SC. I use to be a member(when I lived in SC) and its a nice place to shoot. If i remember dues were 300ish a year maybe less. My youngest brother is a current member. I miss that place. Its called Dos Lupes gun club http://targetgunrange.com/ Its an 11 acre property. 300 yard max rifle bays, pistol bays, a "tactial area" with re-arrangeable targets and cover positions, a shotgun/skeet area as well as a decent sized stocked pond and dirt go cart track. You get a key and badge with membership and access to the club property literally ANYTIME, day, night, holidays whatever. I use to go a lot during the week while most folks were at work, had the whole property to myself:D Best place I know of to shoot in that area. The owner is a lawyer and nice guy. His name is Russ, if you call him, he will ask you to come out most likely on a sunday so he can show you around(golf cart tour lol). If you arent a jackass you get the application to fill out. Read that app word for word, theres a trick to it to make sure you actually read it!!! If all goes well, you got a fun place to shoot. Sundays are when most memebers are present, the owner would bring plenty of food to grill out for us. Nothing like a good meal cooked on an open fire with like minded shootn buddies:cool:

noliver
02-18-12, 09:10
I was kinda looking for something closer than Ridgeland. Thats about a two hour drive for me. On the other hand if that is my only option than i will check it out. I think there is a gun club in Brunswick that i may check out as well. Thank you for the info. I really wish there were more places to shoot!!!

lowcountrytj
02-20-12, 20:14
Noliver....there is a descent 100 yard range in Richmond Hill out 144.
I go there a good bit. Ga recently changed a few regs and now require aGORP pass to be able to shoot at most or all state shooting ranges. I have the Sportsman pass which includes hunting /fishing and it clears you of having the GORP to shoot.
Im including the page of ranges...scroll to bottom...
http://georgiawildlife.com/node/920

noliver
02-21-12, 12:36
Lowcountrytj, Thank you for the information I will Definitely check that out. Do you shoot there? Have you heard anything about the gun club in brunswick?

lowcountrytj
02-21-12, 19:02
Noliver...Yes I do shoot there. I dont have a set schedule as to when. I play it by ear.
You have to provide your own targets and target stands if you wish. They require target stands at about 50 yards and closer at approximately 2 to 3 feet high due to back stop not being high enough to catch ricochets.
It has wooden bench rest and is covered.
No I do not know of any gun club in Brunswick.
Lemme know when you decide to go...I have a family member who works for DD:D we shoot on a regular basis ( or as much as family time and work allows! )
P.s. Blankenship in Richmond Hill is a big DD dealer and they frequent there a good bit and they allow folks to fire their weapons. Call em about the 300 just a thought

hwaya
06-10-15, 22:09
I just PCS'd to Stewart a little over a month ago. The only shooting I've done so far was IDPA in Springfield and USPSA in Brunswick. Seeing as the last post was over 3 years ago, any members still around?