PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here with the new Blackhawk "Homeland Security" case?

cobra90gt
02-05-10, 23:31
I received an e-mail from the Blackhawk mailing list so I visited their website and came across this new (new to me?) carry case.

It's called the "Homeland Security Discreet Weapons Case." I like how it is offered in various sizes. It looks like it's an updated version of their older "Discreet Case" that they used to offer (can still find that offered up for sale on some of the various copshop websites).

Has anyone here reviewed this newer Blackhawk "Homeland" case or recently purchased it?

Here's the link from their website:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Homeland-Security-Discreet-Weapons-Carry-Case,142,134.htm

Overview:

These innovative cases have all the capabilities that a true modular case should. Used in combination with our hook & loop pouches they can be set up for any mission or need. The Homeland Security Discreet Case is made to all the same high standards as the original Discreet Case including

• Removable .375” closed cell foam padding
• Detachable shoulder strap and HawkTex™ shoulder pad
• Outside zippered pocket is lined with a bed of hook & loop to attach any hook and loop pouches

Dimensions:
22" Case: 22" x 2" x 10"
29" Case: 29" x 2" x 10"
32" Case: 32" x 2" x 13"
35" Case: 35" x 2" x 10"
40" Case: 40" x 2" x 12"

Opinions welcome...thx.

ST911
02-06-10, 00:27
It's been awhile sinced I owned one, but as I recall, my standard BHI discreet case had all those features. Looks like they just added a moniker.

l2azorback
02-26-10, 21:04
These are the ONLY cases I use. Normally you can pick them up pretty right from www.lapolicegear.com I am looking at picking up another 35" for my POF P-308 16.5"! I purchased multiple 3 mag hook and loop pouches to install inside the zippered pocket on the outside. Very cool and discreet!

Regards,

Larry

cobra90gt
03-21-10, 23:03
These are the ONLY cases I use. Normally you can pick them up pretty right from www.lapolicegear.com I am looking at picking up another 35" for my POF P-308 16.5"! I purchased multiple 3 mag hook and loop pouches to install inside the zippered pocket on the outside. Very cool and discreet!

Regards,

Larry

Thanks for the feedback.

As an update to my thread, I recently purchased the Blackhawk "Homeland Security Discreet Weapons Case" (35 inch model) from LA Police Gear (~ $100). I'm quite happy with it. :cool:

I dig the exterior zipper storage compartment (lined with velcro inside and came with a magazine pouch). The mag pouch can be repositioned around inside this zipper storage compartment per the user's preference).

The inside of the main rifle storage area has two adjustable velcro straps for the rifle itself. The exterior of this case has an adjustable shoulder carry strap / sling and comes with a carry handle as well.

Here's a few pics of it with my DD/BCM (16" barrel):