PDA

View Full Version : Used SIG Pro2340

halo2304
02-06-10, 00:12
On of my favorite gun shops has a used Sig Pro2340 in 40S&W for $425. It doesn't have the box or the larger grip and only comes with two 10rd mags. It does have a pretty decent DA trigger. Should I get it? It's been there for a while so I don't see it disappearing anytime soon. I know they're pretty nice but just wondering what you guys think. Thanks.

HAMMERDROP
02-06-10, 01:04
I had one a few years ago I thought it was a fair shooter a SIG but lighter, it didn't stretch my abilities. But has lotsa of recoil kind of a nasty little thing ...imo. I think it'd be a kinder gentler thing chambered in 9mm. And from what I have read SIG chambered it in .40/357 SIG to satisfy American tastes.
In Europe its 9mm for LEO/Military the 2309. But then again I could be wrong.
It has imo blocky grips either one I liked the smaller one better because at least it was textured.
You only get one grip, your thumbnails will thank you.
I dont have small hands but I never liked having to stretch my hands around any pistol for a confident hold. Even the small grip is blocky to me. I dont think it would be an easy hold wet either way just my 2cents.
And one other thing practice breaking it at the shop because it is a bitch period.

Michael

GermanSynergy
02-06-10, 09:58
I had one in 1999-2000 and really regret selling it. It was a solid, reliable & accurate pistol. If you like it, I'd say pick it up. For the lack of accessories, I'd see if they can work with you on the price a little bit.

MarshallDodge
02-06-10, 10:55
That seems like an OK price. Around here new SigPro 9mm's are $490ish with night sights.

NinjaMedic
02-06-10, 14:45
I love my SP2022 in .40, I have over 4000 rounds through it with no issues and is my preferred concealed cary weapon.

halo2304
02-06-10, 16:38
I'm not too concerned about accesories. The only one I'd really concern myself with would be a decent hoslter. I looked around the shop today and noticed they had two 12rd mags. (They also had about a dozen 9mm, 15rd mags. :rolleyes:) I might see if they'd include them.