PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Ranch Med Foldy

Danny Boy
02-06-10, 09:58
I've scoured the net for some users feedback and come up short. Does anyone have any experience with this pack? My unit isn't issuing any out and I'm at the point where I'm being sent out to do stuff with either a awkwardly packed Eagle three day or an old-as-fook clinic aid bag that smells suspiciously of cheese. I've spent a few months weighing up the options but would like to get some opinions before I pull the trigger. Needs to be a little more comprehensive then just the bleeding/airway set up.

It's this one here:

http://www.mysteryranch.com/s.nl/it.A/id.5229/.f?sc=7&category=48

SeriousStudent
02-06-10, 11:17
It sure does look interesting.

I owned a Dana Designs pack years ago, and I have heard that the quality has only increased with his Mystery Ranch work.

You might ping some of the NSW folks on here. My understanding is that Dana Gleason does a lot of custom work for the gentlemen in the Teams. There are several Industry Professional/Subject Matter Expert folks in that capacity here. Perhaps one of them has handled or used one.

I'm definitely interested in what you find out. I'm looking for the same type of kit. I'm getting back into trauma care after a really long time away from it.

Iraq Ninja
02-06-10, 11:31
I feel your pain. Have you thought about the CTOMS 2nd line bag? Seems a bit more flexible in regards to setting it up, but costs a lot more than MR.

http://www.militarymorons.com/equipment/packs3.html#medpack

http://www.ctoms.ca/07/equipment/detail.php?product_id=83

The CTOMS is made out of 500D, which is something I was looking for.

Are you going to be humping it or is it for vehicle ops?

Danny Boy
02-06-10, 15:03
I'm hoping it'll be a pretty static bag, but I don't see the point of getting one which I wouldn't mind humping for extended periods either. It's a tricky thing. Can't be too big, too small, too under specialized or over specialized.

The CTOMS is nice but I don't think it's anywhere near 650 bucks worth of my own money nice. Each to their own though.

PJ2RESQU2
02-06-10, 19:56
You're in luck!

We utilize the MR Med-Foldy and it is my go-to medical ruck when I'm pulling primary medic duties for short duration missions. I've had it about a year now and don't see myself replacing it anytime soon.

If you grab one I'd really recommend the bolstered version and grab a Mystery Cinch to go with it. I have utilized this configuration for about a year now and definitely give it a thumbs up.

I would be careful not to pack it 'to deep' as it is a 'short' pack and has a tendency to feel like a beach ball on your back.

Configuration wise... three external pockets, four color coded pull away pockets internally, hydration system compatiable, shear pockets inside/outside, and is really well crafted.

I hope this helps!

M4Fundi
02-07-10, 03:59
I have no experience with this particular pack, but the guys at MRanch are awesome and have done custom work for me usually for free on existing packs. They genuinely want to help you:)

believeraz
02-07-10, 12:02
Ok, that's just sexy. If I was looking for a replacement for one of my bags, that'd be top of the list. I've never heard a bad word about the craftsmanship and quality of Mystery Ranch.