PDA

View Full Version : SAW Gunner Rig?

Dr.Doom
02-06-10, 20:59
I have a friend that is looking for a good rig to use, he is a SAW Gunner and is haveing a hard time finding something. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Doooom

b6b
02-06-10, 22:18
More info needed, is he looking for molle pouches to attach to his current carrier or a chest rig set up?

Dr.Doom
02-07-10, 11:06
More info needed, is he looking for molle pouches to attach to his current carrier or a chest rig set up?

I think at this point both are options. We looked around at some links provided from members of ar15.com and he found some TT stuff etc., but I think he really wanted an already put together chest rigg to go over his plate carrier etc.

Failure2Stop
02-07-10, 11:19
It will be more productive to find good pouches to attach directly to the armor.
There are three different feed systems for the SAW- drums, magazines, and 100 round "nut-sacks". He needs to find out which will be his primary feed method and what will be his primary replenishment, and plan accordingly.

cgcorrea
02-07-10, 12:04
It will be more productive to find good pouches to attach directly to the armor.
There are three different feed systems for the SAW- drums, magazines, and 100 round "nut-sacks". He needs to find out which will be his primary feed method and what will be his primary replenishment, and plan accordingly.

I agree. The distribution of your load as a SAW gunner is something that you need to make work for you individually. A chest rig will only have a set up that you have to conform to. You have to make your gear conform to you. So it's best to get individual pouches and and place them on your gear in the way your most comfortable with. Cuz it's you that's gonna be humping all that ammo for 20 and 30 miles, Not the high speed lookin' chest rig manufacturer.Personally I primarily fed from nut sacks When I carried a SAW.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/regulator1775/DSC02172.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/regulator1775/DSCN1002.jpg

Dr.Doom
02-08-10, 10:01
Thanks guys, great info, and I will pass it along. You have been tons of help.

B