PDA

View Full Version : Middy Gas + Semi carrier=H buffer yes?

buckshot1220
02-06-10, 23:58
Just double checking my build. Just ordered a Centurion CHF 16" Middy barrel. I will be running this with a Semi BCG I've had laying around for awhile and wanted to know if the H buffer is correct for this setup? I also have a standard CAR buffer if necessary.

Also, should I throw the o-ring in the BCM bolt?

Thanks in advance.

Robb Jensen
02-07-10, 00:01
Don't use an o-ring and it should work with a CAR or H buffer.

buckshot1220
02-07-10, 00:03
Don't use an o-ring and it should work with a CAR or H buffer.

That was quick, thanks. Any reason why you recommend not using it, not questioning you just wondering? I also have the BCM group in a 14.5 carbine that I did not use the o-ring in with no problems.

Robb Jensen
02-07-10, 00:07
That was quick, thanks. Any reason why you recommend not using it, not questioning you just wondering? I also have the BCM group in a 14.5 carbine that I did not use the o-ring in with no problems.

The o-ring on the slower cycling midlength can cause feed problems due to the increased extractor tension.

buckshot1220
02-07-10, 00:16
The o-ring on the slower cycling midlength can cause feed problems due to the increased extractor tension.

Ahh thank you.

Blob
02-07-10, 00:50

I have a Daniel Defense BCG with blue extractor insert and O-ring in my BCM middy (carbine buffer), do you recommend removing the O-ring for that setup? So far it has 1050 rounds through it with no feeding or extracting problems. Do middys really need the black insert to function reliably?

shootist~
02-07-10, 00:55

Noveske puts an o-ring on the extractor with mid length guns, or at least my upper came that way. I'm running an H buffer and so far no hiccups, but the N4 upper only has 500-600 rounds through it to date.

Should I remove the o-ring? Ejection is 3 - 4 feet at 2:00+ with IMI M193 and about the same distance, but about 3:30ish with .223 TAP.

Robb Jensen
02-07-10, 08:33
Midlength/Intermediate & Rifle length guns don't suffer from the early extraction that CAR length guns do, thus there is no reason to use an o-ring. Will some run with an o-ring? Sure. But at some point you'll be causing either feeding problems or failure to ejects since the extractor tension is eventually going to overpower the ejector.

ForTehNguyen
02-07-10, 08:55
have 3 middys and do not use orings on all 3 of those bolts

shootist~
02-07-10, 09:50
Midlength/Intermediate & Rifle length guns don't suffer from the early extraction that CAR length guns do, thus there is no reason to use an o-ring. Will some run with an o-ring? Sure. But at some point you'll be causing either feeding problems or failure to ejects since the extractor tension is eventually going to overpower the ejector.

Thanks.

DTHN2LGS
02-07-10, 12:32
I just have a Carbine Buffer, and a LMT Semi BCG in my BCM Midlength, and I have had zero problems.

RogerinTPA
02-07-10, 16:01
Carbine buffer, an AR15 BCG, with no "O"ring works well in one of my middys.
The other has a FA BCG, H buffer, again no "O"ring, and also works quite well.

carbinero
02-07-10, 23:16
Car works fine in mine.

Then again a friend of mine has had zero problems with an H2, so I guess the middy system is pretty lenient.

buckshot1220
02-08-10, 06:44
Cool thanks guys. I have both an extra CAR and H buffer laying around so I'll do some testing to see which gives the preferred ejection.