PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get wierd responses in the Equipment Exchange?

tibis3383
02-07-10, 02:21
I have a couple of threads open in equipment exchange and had someone asking if I would combine all items for sale and sell it to him on EBAY. He doesn't have a single post on M4C either. I immediately thought it was a scam and just wanted to see if anyone else has had any similar responses. Thanks

Semper Fi

Tim

brian0128
02-07-10, 02:36
It's possible that the buyer wanted the protection of purchasing through ebay.

Mark71
02-07-10, 03:24
He could have also wanted you to put it on ebay so he can use a gift certificate/coupon or get cash back for the purchase.

Outlander Systems
02-07-10, 09:10
It's possible that the buyer wanted the protection of purchasing through ebay.

This.

kombos
02-07-10, 09:27
Possible Bing cashback?.....I'm not sure what the current ebay percentage is.

I did this with a camera a guy was selling on a forum when ebay Bing was 35%. He marked it up to to cover the ebay fees and I still saved over $200 buying it from him off ebay thanks to Microsoft.

ForTehNguyen
02-07-10, 09:32
it was 10% yesterday

warpigM-4
02-07-10, 09:39
not had that happen ,but it's a little weird :confused:

tibis3383
02-07-10, 13:04
Thanks for the responses. I just found it weird at first, but I have also had to deal with a lot of that when I sold some things on Craigslist last year. Maybe the guy wasn't just trying to scam and had other motivations like you guys stated above. Thanks again for the input.

Semper Fi

Tim

M4arc
02-07-10, 13:17
Please send me the screen name via PM.

tibis3383
02-07-10, 13:28
Please send me the screen name via PM.

PM sent. Thanks

Semper Fi

Tim

Evil Colt 6920
02-07-10, 14:08
With any online sell or purchase, if you feel something isn't right, don't do it. Also, since your the seller, make sure the payment clears with your bank before shipping anything. I got an email from paypal saying I had received a payment. I later logged into paypal and the payment info wasn't there. Scratching my head I went back to the email and discovered it was a very good fake. I almost shipped the item, glad I caught it before I got scammed.

But like others said above, he could have a perfectly innocent reason for wanting to go through ebay. I just wanted to share my story of how I was almost ripped off in case others out there havent heard of that type of scam.

5pins
02-07-10, 15:56
I thought you could not sell AR parts on ebay? I tried to sell an A2 pistol grip there a few years ago and it was pulled.

M4arc
02-07-10, 17:27
PM sent. Thanks

Semper Fi

Tim

I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary on those two names you sent me but something doesn't feel right to me. Why would a legit member here want you to turn around and post these on ebay where you have to pay a fee and where someone else could snag it before they do? Why would they ask you to post gun parts which we know ebay doesn't allow?

I'll PM these two guys and try and find out what they're up to but if it were me I'd pull the plug on this deal with him.

ThirdWatcher
02-07-10, 18:06
He doesn't have a single post on M4C either.

This was a red flag for me.

DaBears_85
02-07-10, 18:40
Possible Bing cashback?.....I'm not sure what the current ebay percentage is.

I did this with a camera a guy was selling on a forum when ebay Bing was 35%. He marked it up to to cover the ebay fees and I still saved over $200 buying it from him off ebay thanks to Microsoft.

What's bing/cashback?

kombos
02-07-10, 22:32
Bing is Microsoft's search engine trying to compete with Google, Yahoo, etc.

Bing.com

They have been offering cash back on some items purchased when they are linked through Bing. com as an incentive to get people to try their search engine. They have sometimes offered cash back as high as 35-40% on some items....but the percentages have been less in recent months.

M4arc
02-09-10, 19:51
Update:

I heard from the individual and it was nothing more than a miscommunication/typo. He was asking the OP if he would accept paypal as payment even though it wasn't an ebay item.

Nothing to worry about afterall.