PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good a2 stock.

DrBackJack
02-07-10, 10:38
Just finished a build and looking for a stock for it. Any recommendations? And reviews on a2 stocks? How is the RRA a2 stock? Also, Ive heard some good things about the colt a2 kit but having a hard time finding one online.

sjc3081
02-07-10, 12:08
I have one that I took off my Colt HBar ,complete, I will sell you. Pm me.

slustan
02-07-10, 13:52
As far as stock bodies I wouldn't be too concerned so long as you get them from a reputable manufacturer. What I would recommend doing if the rifle is intended for any serious use is that you either go to Brownells or SAW and get a Colt forged rifle receiver extension.

SeriousStudent
02-07-10, 14:25
IIRC, Grant had some LMT A2 takeoffs that he mentioned in a thread. You could shoot him an email. I think he's back from USTC now.

LonghunterCO
02-07-10, 14:26
Many find the A2 stock too long. Cav Arms makes a A1 length stock that has a good shell but the trapdoor butt plate is a little poor (it will accept a regular buttplate). Colt also made a "CS" stock (made like the A2 stocks but with a A1 length).

Kalash
02-07-10, 17:07
Colt also made a "CS" stock (made like the A2 stocks but with a A1 length).

Where can I find one to purchase? Tried to Google it but came up empty.

markm
02-07-10, 21:43
Where can I find one to purchase? Tried to Google it but came up empty.

Get in line! :p

Magpul contacted me about an A1 stock that they may be looking to create. I have no idea if it will pan out though. There's not a huge market for thinking man's parts.

MMcfpd
02-07-10, 22:08
Fulton Armory sells the Cavalry Arms stock with a better buttplate, and U.S. Collectors Ordnance sells A1 stocks. As indicated above, the Colt CS stocks are fairly hard to come by.

slustan
02-07-10, 22:37
Last CS stock I saw on TOS went for near 200 dollars, and that was the stock body alone! Even at those prices they don't last very long.

carbinero
02-07-10, 22:58
I bought my last Colt A2 stock with all the fixings from Specialized Armament (SAW).

stipilot
02-08-10, 07:34
I have two RRAs, probably extention tubes, springs, and buffers. PM me if interested.