PDA

View Full Version : Mike Taylor- USMC F.A.S.T.

magnmfc
04-04-07, 16:53
This guy used to run Camp CQB and was the Fleet Anti-terror Strike Team trainer at Mare Island Shipyard while in the Marines, in Vallejo California. Last time I heard he was a small town Chief in Nevada. Anyone have a line on him. Would like to set up a carbine course with him, if he still trains

mrseven70
06-03-09, 17:53
Uh, where did you get this info? F.A.S.T. stands for "Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team" and we are all on the east coast. The CQB school too. 1st at Norfolk and 2nd and 3rd at Yorktown, VA. I think they once thought about a west coast team, saw it in a film once at "gun school" but as far as I know there never was one.

I was in 2nd FAST in 2002-2003.

Kimbo
06-03-09, 19:04
8152 woot :D

RWK
06-04-09, 22:01
Uh, where did you get this info? F.A.S.T. stands for "Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team" and we are all on the east coast. The CQB school too. 1st at Norfolk and 2nd and 3rd at Yorktown, VA. I think they once thought about a west coast team, saw it in a film once at "gun school" but as far as I know there never was one.

I'm a plank owner from FAST Atlantic. There was indeed a FAST Pacific at Mare Island. The unit was decommissioned in 1993.

C45P312
06-04-09, 22:03

1st and 3rd FAST is in Norfolk and 2nd is in Yorktown (as of today at least lol)

I run the shooting range @ Camp Allen that houses 1st and 3rd.

mrseven70
06-05-09, 21:10
Well you learn something new everyday.

Wild Bill
06-07-09, 01:27
What about the original question at the top?

Wild Bill

riddlin
06-09-09, 01:54
I'm a plank owner from FAST Atlantic. There was indeed a FAST Pacific at Mare Island. The unit was decommissioned in 1993.

Do you know a M. Hardin by chance?

RWK
06-11-09, 21:11
Do you know a M. Hardin by chance?

No, I don't recall anyone by that name.

EzGoingKev
06-12-09, 08:31
Did you serve with S Amaral or J Veillue?

When I served with them Amaral was a Corporal and Veillue was a Sergeant.

I might not be spelling Veillue's last name correctly, it is pronounces Vay-you.

RWK
06-12-09, 19:13
Did you serve with S Amaral or J Veillue?

Negative. We had six individually-deployable platoons plus a weapons platoon and H&S. And we deployed a lot. Plus, FAST was still a B billet (8151) back then. Guys came and went pretty frequently. It was entirely possible for someone to spend their entire tour at FAST and never interact with one platoon or another if they were on opposite deployment rotations. I was one of the very first and few to be offered an extension for my entire active service at FAST. Further complicating things was that there was a transition period between Marine barracks and FAST in Norfolk. Some guys claiming to be FAST from the early days were actually on barracks duty, not FAST.

coble0369
07-05-09, 12:31
So....Mike Taylor's whereabouts are still unknown?

Hallboy45
02-27-10, 18:50
I was with FAST Pacific when it decommissioned in Aug. 1993. Yes, there was a FAST Co Pacific. It was in service from 1989 (or 88) to 1993 at MCSF Bn. at Mare Island Naval Shipyard in Vallejo California (which has also been decommissioned). FAST Co. had two companies back then, Pacific and Atlantic. No we were not a Barracks Company we were Marine Corps Security Forces Bn., Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team Company - Pacific.

One of my buddies has a web page that he made for FAST Marines, I invite any FAST Marines to check it out....

All present and former FAST Marines:
http://www.fastcompanymarines.com/index.php

FAST Pac Marines:
http://www.fastpacific.com/

Oh, and to comment about the original question of this post... Sgt. Mike "Papa Bear" Taylor was one of the lead instructors for the CQB course at MCSF Bn School, and last I heard he was working with a small PD in east LA county area somewhere. Yup, there was a CQB school at FAST Pac also. Regular CQB and Maritime CQB school. Yeah, I know, not much help for finding him, sorry. If you find him, please let me know where he's at.

PRAESUL, INT'L.
04-20-10, 09:43
HE is alive and well... If you need to find him hit me up and I will relay.
Protector843

patyancey
11-26-12, 10:30
This guy used to run Camp CQB and was the Fleet Anti-terror Strike Team trainer at Mare Island Shipyard while in the Marines, in Vallejo California. Last time I heard he was a small town Chief in Nevada. Anyone have a line on him. Would like to set up a carbine course with him, if he still trains

he did all of our team traing. I have his cell if you want it.

PRAESUL, INT'L.
11-26-12, 11:32
Hit me up if you want to contact "PB" Taylor. He is training again... He help develop F.A.S.T. He taught me more than anyone I have ever trained with, I consider him the best... Hope to hear from anyone interested in training with him.
Thanks, Praesul
protector843@yahoo.com

Apricotshot
11-26-12, 12:41
I was in Keflavik MCSFCO when it was decomissioned and a plank owner of 3rd FAST 1st Plt when we were still in Williamsburg, VA. Fake Ass Seal Team;)

ZGXtreme
11-26-12, 16:35
I was in Keflavik MCSFCO when it was decomissioned and a plank owner of 3rd FAST 1st Plt when we were still in Williamsburg, VA. Fake Ass Seal Team;)

Was gonna pull the trigger but you beat me to the punch.

R0N
11-26-12, 17:16
Negative. We had six individually-deployable platoons plus a weapons platoon and H&S. And we deployed a lot. Plus, FAST was still a B billet (8151) back then. Guys came and went pretty frequently. It was entirely possible for someone to spend their entire tour at FAST and never interact with one platoon or another if they were on opposite deployment rotations. I was one of the very first and few to be offered an extension for my entire active service at FAST. Further complicating things was that there was a transition period between Marine barracks and FAST in Norfolk. Some guys claiming to be FAST from the early days were actually on barracks duty, not FAST.

FAST 1 stood up when we starting pulling MarDets off of CV(N)s, 2nd and later 3rd FAST stood up as part of Gen Krulak's removing MarDet and Cadres from USN bases, stations and activities (other than Bangor and Kings Bay). FASTCO EUR, PAC and Cent were stood up when USMC Sec-Platoons were shut down

They are now FAST Company A, B, and C in Norfolk that deployed 2 Platoons per to FASTEUR, PAC and Cent.

The vast majority of Marines in MCSFR are entry level Marines who enlist with UV or UW contracts, with a smattering of leaders on "B-billets"