PDA

View Full Version : Who DAT?

Voodoochild
02-07-10, 20:55
Well congrats to the Saints for winning the Super Bowl. They deserve it and weren't given much of a chance. My brother is a happy man right now. He is a die hard Saints fan.

BAC
02-07-10, 20:57
"Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints? Who dat? Who dat?"

I can't claim 'em as "my team", but dammit I've wanted them to win this since Katrina. Who dat indeed. :D

-B

Artos
02-07-10, 21:01
Great game!!

Really wanted them to get a SB!!

Congrats to NO!!

glockshooter
02-07-10, 21:21
I am not a Saints fan, as a matter of fact I am a Colts fan. I will say that Drew Brees is a deserving champion. I hold him in very high regard as an Athlete. He is on a very short list of players that I really enjoy watching.

Buckaroo
02-07-10, 21:22
Great game indeed and although I wanted the Saints to win I was not hopeful.

I am Sooo wearing Black and Gold tomorrow!!! Everyone is going to hate me! :D

Buckaroo (Displaced Broncos fan who has NOT embraced the Colts!)

Robb Jensen
02-07-10, 21:25
Sweet for a WWF type game.

RogerinTPA
02-07-10, 22:17
Excellent game. Probably the biggest upset in over a decade.

13F3OL7
02-07-10, 22:22
I thought the game was kind of boring. Except for the Doritos commercials none of them were that entertaining.

Bantee
02-07-10, 22:24
That game tore the ass outta me! I'm sitting in front of my t.v. with a magnum in my hand...a magnum of bubbly that was supposed to be for celebrating a Colt's victory! Alas, it was not to be. The Saints played a great game. They truly deserved the win. I can still drink the booze though...right?:D

Mjolnir
02-07-10, 22:35
Well congrats to the Saints for winning the Super Bowl. They deserve it and weren't given much of a chance. My brother is a happy man right now. He is a die hard Saints fan.
Merci beaucoup, mon ami! Now it's Carnival time!! :D:cool:

SpeedRacer
02-07-10, 22:45
I'm still completely in shock. I've been a Saints fan for over two decades now and just never thought I'd watch them win the Superbowl. This is crazy! Mardi Gras is going to be absolutely insane this year. :D

Mjolnir
02-07-10, 22:48
I'm still completely in shock. I've been a Saints fan for over two decades now and just never thought I'd watch them win the Superbowl. This is crazy! Mardi Gras is going to be absolutely insane this year. :D
Mardi Gras for me begin at the closing of the 1st half and the celebrating began on the opening play of the 2nd half!! Aieeee! :p

Palmguy
02-07-10, 22:49
Excellent game. Probably the biggest upset in over a decade.

Agreed on excellent game; but Giants over Pats was a bigger upset. Sure the Colts were favored but this was still 1 v 1.

perna
02-07-10, 22:58
That did not go exactly how I thought it would, that was actually pitiful.

kwelz
02-07-10, 23:18
The Colts did not play like they wanted it. I am not happy!

parishioner
02-07-10, 23:23
That did not go exactly how I thought it would, that was actually pitiful.

Thank you. I don't think I could have made it through the night without this wonderfully insightful opinion.

SpeedRacer
02-08-10, 00:30
http://www.twominutenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Super-Bowl-2010-MVP-Saints-Drew-Brees-300x265.jpg

Thank you Drew and company for a great year, we needed this!

JonnyVain
02-08-10, 08:35
Hmm... The Super Bowl was yesterday?

Gutshot John
02-08-10, 08:42
I love watching the underdog win in the face of all expectations to the contrary.

It was an excellent game especially when they didn't say die when it went to 10-0.

snappy
02-08-10, 09:09
I love watching the underdog win in the face of all expectations to the contrary.

It was an excellent game especially when they didn't say die when it went to 10-0.

I agree. The Saints showed some sack with bold play calling and got it on!! That rolling catch for the 2 point conversion was a highlight. Congrats to the Saints and their deserving fans!! All Dat!! :cool:

perna
02-08-10, 09:15
As a Colts fan, yes the Saints deserved the win. I would be less pissed off if they would have gotten a touchdown on the last drive and had a chance to do an onside kick. That would have at least made it a better game.

Artos
02-08-10, 09:25
I agree. The Saints showed some sack with bold play calling and got it on!! That rolling catch for the 2 point conversion was a highlight. Congrats to the Saints and their deserving fans!! All Dat!! :cool:

The onside kick coming out of the 2nd half showed LOTS of balls!! I think it was the turning point for NO!!

Can't imagine what was going on in that dog pile...never seen one last so long.

ForTehNguyen
02-08-10, 11:32
Obama Kiss of Death strikes again:
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100207/D9DNJOI80.html

Obama predicts Colts victory in Super Bowl
Email this Story

Feb 7, 5:18 PM (ET)

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama says the Indianapolis Colts "have to be favored" in the Super Bowl, even though he has a "soft spot" for the New Orleans Saints.

Obama's Super Bowl prediction was based on his opinion that the Colts have "perhaps the best quarterback in history."

"Peyton Manning is unbelievable," the president told CBS' Katie Couric during a live pre-game interview.

Still, Obama says he has a soft spot for New Orleans, "mainly because of what the city has gone through over these last several years" since Hurricane Katrina struck in 2005.

Obama says he may be biased against the Colts, since they beat his hometown Chicago Bears in the Super Bowl in 2007.

#1whodat
02-08-10, 11:45
Yes indeed hell has frozen over

Kalash
02-08-10, 14:03
Saints shouldn't of even been there. Refs screwed the Vikes in the NFC Championship game IMO.
Oh well, at least the Colts lost. That makes me real happy being from MD.

HD1911
02-08-10, 15:20
What's with all this Who Dat bullshit jibberish? What the hell does it mean or stand for?

Mjolnir
02-08-10, 16:10
What's with all this Who Dat bullshit jibberish? What the hell does it mean or stand for?
This is the way many of the Acadians/Cajuns as well as many in Acadiana (South Central Louisiana) speak.

Do you recall Justin Wilson, the Cajun Chef speak? phonetic: "Id was very similaar to de "who dat" dat you heer wit de Saints fans." Lovely dialect, them "Frenchmen", if you ask me, but then I'm a history fan and I am from here so I'm definitely baised.

kjdoski
02-08-10, 16:59
While my interest in the contest died when Brett Favre threw that stupid interception; I was happy to see the Saints win. I think its good to see a new team with the championship ring every now and then...

Regards,

Kevin

HD1911
02-08-10, 17:39
This is the way many of the Acadians/Cajuns as well as many in Acadiana (South Central Louisiana) speak.

Do you recall Justin Wilson, the Cajun Chef speak? phonetic: "Id was very similaar to de "who dat" dat you heer wit de Saints fans." Lovely dialect, them "Frenchmen", if you ask me, but then I'm a history fan and I am from here so I'm definitely baised.

Hah! Thanks for explaining that.

Palmguy
02-08-10, 17:50
Saints shouldn't of even been there. Refs screwed the Vikes in the NFC Championship game IMO.
Oh well, at least the Colts lost. That makes me real happy being from MD.

Ugh. Can we not start this again please? Perhaps if the Vikings didn't bring the term "Butterfingers" to new heights and Favre didn't do the whole ol' gunslinger business they might have been in Miami yesterday.