PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Commercials

ZDL
02-08-10, 04:43

perna
02-08-10, 05:15
Personally I have not been impressed with the commercials for the past few years. Now they are so out of ideas they are bringing back old stuff and failing, like the larry bird one. Charles Barkley, Im sure most people dont even know who he is anymore, seriously could they possibly find anyone farther out of the limelight?

ZDL
02-08-10, 05:32

perna
02-08-10, 05:41
Barkley just hosted snl 2 weeks ago......

Why? OH because he was going to be in the superbowl commercial. That just shows just how far SNL has fallen, and I honest wonder how an infomercial has not taken it spot.

perna
02-08-10, 05:46
And you don't "forget" who charles barkley is. To the younger generation he might be less relevant..............................

I do remember him, that was when the NBA was at its peak, and I didnt even follow or like basketball. As far as the 2 guys in the McDonalds commercial, no idea who they are. It is possible I might recognize the names but remaking a commercial with them failed.

ZDL
02-08-10, 05:57

perna
02-08-10, 06:10
Every single ****ing time you post, you do it as if you know 100% you couldn't possibly be wrong and yet, you are. A lot. Really? That's why snl had him? That reason? Your source? Barkley's manager? Got Lorne's cell number?

Lots of people are sick if your immature shit. Goddamnit kid, grow up.

That big outburst and still no other reason for him being on there except for the commercial. I guess ALF was asking to much for the commercial or he would have been on SNL.

Microwvbleturtle
02-08-10, 07:02
Easily one of the funniest ones of the night.

http://www.hulu.com/adzone/watch#50032729

Rock Nova
02-08-10, 07:14
For me, Doritos was the winner of the commercial bowl. Doritos: Underdog, Snack Attack Samurai, & House Rules cracked me up!

http://www.hulu.com/adzone/watch#50032722

http://www.hulu.com/adzone/watch#50032724

http://www.hulu.com/adzone/watch#50032726

perna
02-08-10, 07:18
The one quote that I saw that fit most commercials was:

Hey Budweiser, next time just light money on fire and film it. It'd be more entertaining.

bullseye
02-08-10, 07:49
anthing with danica patrick got my attention,, that is one more fine looking lady.

Cold Zero
02-08-10, 07:57
Did anyone see the commercial with the naked Girl in the tub? Was that the girl from the transformer movies ?:eek:

ForTehNguyen
02-08-10, 08:12
yea I think it was Megan Fox

Quiet
02-08-10, 08:14
yea I think it was Megan Fox

You are correct.

Gutshot John
02-08-10, 08:15
Did anyone see the one with the really great football game? :p

spamsammich
02-08-10, 08:27
Every single ****ing time you post, you do it as if you know 100% you couldn't possibly be wrong and yet, you are. A lot. Really? That's why snl had him? That reason? Your source? Barkley's manager? Got Lorne's cell number?

Lots of people are sick if your immature shit. Goddamnit kid, grow up.

I bet your ignore function works just as well as mine does ;)

perna
02-08-10, 08:36
Wow the ignore list does work.

spamsammich
02-08-10, 08:46
Wow the ignore list does work.

The only time it doesn't is when people quote the guys on your list :(

snappy
02-08-10, 08:49
Charles Barkley, Im sure most people dont even know who he is anymore, seriously could they possibly find anyone farther out of the limelight?

Since retiring he has been inducted into the NBA hall of fame, he has been on more than a handful of nationally syndicated television commercials, did the SNL appearance and has been an NBA studio analyst and host of an Emmy award winning show on TNT for what, ten years now? You must be right, nobody could possibly know who he is. :rolleyes:

perna
02-08-10, 09:03
Since retiring he has been inducted into the NBA hall of fame, he has been on more than a handful of nationally syndicated television commercials, did the SNL appearance and has been an NBA studio analyst and host of an Emmy award winning show on TNT for what, ten years now? You must be right, nobody could possibly know who he is. :rolleyes:

Ok, I dont watch NBA, and if it wasnt for him being famous outside of the NBA fans like 18 years ago I would not know who he was. Oh wait Im only 17.

kwelz
02-08-10, 09:13
Oh wait Im only 17.

And I am sure no one is shocked by this.

Personally I think the Doritos commercials were the best.
Busch wasn't as good as normal but still not bad, and the GoDaddy commercials were funny.

I don't know what MF was advertising but she was naked in a tub, so who cares.

perna
02-08-10, 09:21
At least you dont miss sarcasm.

BAC
02-08-10, 10:13
You don't have to respond to everything. You know this, yes?

Doritos certainly owned this year's Super Bowl commercials. House Rules and the Doritos Samurai were by far the best commercials. The Dramatic Prairie Dog was also hilarious.

-B

chadbag
02-08-10, 10:16
All of them, I think.

The VW one was pretty funny.

http://www.hulu.com/adzone

The VW one was funny! I did not watch the guy (heretic I know) but did have the play by play in a computer window as I worked on some other stuff that had to get done. So did not see any of the commercials.

ForTehNguyen
02-08-10, 11:53
The green police Audi one was full of fail :o

Bowser
02-08-10, 12:45
Chevy Chase is still alive!

HES
02-08-10, 13:13
I was but I'm willing some got their panties all moist and warm at the prospect. Personally it disturbed me

Oh and the Megan Fox commercial is my hands down favorite. I loved the things like the exploding transformer and the mom banging on her sons door asking what was going on in there.

chadbag
02-08-10, 13:29

Yeah it was, though I want an A3 TDI if they get it with AWD

LOKNLOD
02-08-10, 13:40
Chevy Chase is still alive!

He's on a show on NBC every Thursday. (Community).

I was but I'm willing some got their panties all moist and warm at the prospect. Personally it disturbed me

Me too, and that's exactly why it disturbed me. For many greenies, it was a utopian wet dream.

Personally, it made me want to crush someone's face with the dull side of a tomahawk.

Kalash
02-08-10, 13:52
The Polamalu one was the best followed by the Magan Fox one IMO.

theJanitor
02-08-10, 17:54
Google's was by far the most effective. it actually tried to SELL something, showed it's use, interaction, product, results, etc. the dodge charger one had a good angle. and since when did dudes in their underwear sell anything on superbowl sunday? half naked chicks; yes. dudes in their skivvies; no.