PDA

View Full Version : Chest Rig?

michschi
02-08-10, 17:23
I am looking at getting a vest or something of the sort to carry some of the stuff I like to cram into my pockets at the moment when I shoot. Here is the question. I am drawen to the looks of the plate carriers, as opposed to some of the rigs, but wouldn't really needing to install armor. Are people running this without armor in them or is not a common thing!

rushca01
02-08-10, 18:17
Here is a useful thread with lots of good info.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=24843

wes007
02-08-10, 19:05
+1 on the comment above.

Im not an expert by any means on subject matter like this.
Remember the same concept of K.I.S.S applies to gear as well.
Before you get flamed by other members you might want to consider what you plan to do with your gear. If you intend on using your gear to aid you in training then I would highly re-consider buying gear based off of looks rather than function. If your buying gear for plinking purposes only then have at it!

michschi
02-08-10, 19:14
+1 on the comment above.

Im not an expert by any means on subject matter like this.
Remember the same concept of K.I.S.S applies to gear as well.
Before you get flamed by other members you might want to consider what you plan to do with your gear. If you intend on using your gear to aid you in training then I would highly re-consider buying gear based off of looks rather than function. If your buying gear for plinking purposes only then have at it!

I have about 30 acres up north that we go on shooting trips. We walk around for hours and the purpose is to not have to go to a bag or an ammo box all the time. I wasn't trying to get flamed and I don't appreciate it. If nobody won't to answer my damn question that is fine, but them there is not need to leave anykind of comments. I am not trying to fukcing play GI JOE or anything, I was simply asking is a plate carrier ok to wear without armor or not. I am looking for storage, simple as that. Helpful comments are invited, everyone else can please click the back button and continue being jerks to someone else!

Thanks

rushca01
02-08-10, 21:10
I have about 30 acres up north that we go on shooting trips. We walk around for hours and the purpose is to not have to go to a bag or an ammo box all the time. I wasn't trying to get flamed and I don't appreciate it. If nobody won't to answer my damn question that is fine, but them there is not need to leave anykind of comments. I am not trying to fukcing play GI JOE or anything, I was simply asking is a plate carrier ok to wear without armor or not. I am looking for storage, simple as that. Helpful comments are invited, everyone else can please click the back button and continue being jerks to someone else!

Thanks

Wow man. I was trying to help. I will attempt one more time and be done with it. Why post anything here that hasn't been discussed in detail for 15 pages in another thread. If you look at the second to last page or so I too asked the same question and got called out for not reviewing the entire thread. I later read all 15 pages and now have made an informed decision on what kind of chest rig I will be buying. I choose one from Eagle industries, their 3 mag LE holder with molle etc.. on it.

Here is the link:
http://www.eagleindustries.com/product.php?productid=118&cat=40&page=1

I will also save you some more time, if you buy it here you can find it cheaper then msrp and for a flat 5 dollar shipping.

http://www.skdtac.com/Eagle_M4_Chest_Rig_LE_3_Mag_p/eag.563.htm

Sorry for trying to help.

michschi
02-08-10, 21:16
Wow man. I was trying to help. I will attempt one more time and be done with it. Why post anything here that hasn't been discussed in detail for 15 pages in another thread. If you look at the second to last page or so I too asked the same question and got called out for not reviewing the entire thread. I later read all 15 pages and now have made an informed decision on what kind of chest rig I will be buying. I choose one from Eagle industries, their 3 mag LE holder with molle etc.. on it.

Here is the link:
http://www.eagleindustries.com/product.php?productid=118&cat=40&page=1

I will also save you some more time, if you buy it here you can find it cheaper then msrp and for a flat 5 dollar shipping.

http://www.skdtac.com/Eagle_M4_Chest_Rig_LE_3_Mag_p/eag.563.htm

Sorry for trying to help.
Actually that wasn't directed at you sorry! Thats for the help. I apologize

rob_s
02-09-10, 05:25
then who was it directed at? Or was it just a random coming unhinged?

Many plate carriers will sag and droop without the plates. Read through the linked thread above.

perna
02-09-10, 05:32
It seems he quoted the guy it was directed at.

michschi
02-09-10, 09:33
I would like to apoloqize for my little rant. I guess I figure it is just as simple to answer my question then tell me where I can find it. I do read alot of the boards and then I finally asked after being unsatified with what I found. I also believe the search engine on here leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks to those who helped me!

rob_s
02-09-10, 09:41
It's pretty common to give a resource rather than retype everything that's at the other link, on this forum and others. I agree that search here is worthless but that's why we try to help each other with links to existing threads.

FWIW, if you type "chest rigs" into the search and then click "thread titles only" you get a pretty good result.

results (https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=1724001)

The thread linked to above is #2 down.

tip2oo3
02-09-10, 23:10
I like the 03 MSF harness from BCM, if only i had $180 laying around..

ARJJ
02-09-10, 23:32

Thanks

I'll accept your apology, but I do think you're way out of line with some of the comments above. What you think "looks" good and what actually works are two different things. In your OP, you gave no aditional information on your intended use; rather you only asked a question.

But flame off. Rob_S has a lot of good info on his website--I read several pages of it two nights ago and was impressed with his approach to gear selection. All of the gear threads already mentioned will give you an idea of what's available and how it all works together.

If you're just looking to carry some extra mags/ammo/gear to your favorite shooting spot, an "active shooter bag" or even a day pack might be all you need. If you want to run some drills, or do more tactical shoot/move training, a basic chest rig may be useful. If you want to have more load-bearing capacity, a TT MAV or even a surplus USGI Fighting Load Carrier setup might be best. There are enough options out there that you'll find something that fits the bill, but it may take some experimentation.

michschi
02-12-10, 22:04
Thanks