PDA

View Full Version : Sound Tech Fat Boy

gunny
04-05-07, 10:40
Any opinions/experiences with a Sound Technology Fat Boy .223 can? The specs from their site look good, but I've not had occassion to tinker with one. It's this one or a Tactical Innovations Tac16. Can anyone recommend other good cans for under $450, either custom made or from an established manufacturer? I'll be shooting dept. provided Federal TRU 55 grain rounds from a 1x9 11.5" chrome-moly Wilson HBAR.

SuicideHz
04-05-07, 17:42
I think the YHM is right around $450. Possibly $550 but I will venture to guess is a much better deal than a Tac16.

gunny
04-05-07, 19:29
I think the YHM is right around $450. Possibly $550 but I will venture to guess is a much better deal than a Tac16.

We have 3 Tac16's currently in use with our tac team & they are rock solid. Due to budgetary constraints within my city we won't be buying anymore for issue in the near future, however, our individual LE's have the liberty to purchase any can provided we place them on a rifle with barrel length in excess of 11.5". They are nice cans despite the low price, but I was curious about the Fat Boy due to its shorter length & good review it received in an article I read recently. I've read somewhere else that X? manufacturer can make a custom can for a very resonable price? I've since forgotten where I've seen that though. If one can score a Tac16 for $350 + the stamp or another can for about the same price & quality, I'll be all over it. In any case, I'm still doing a lot of research before I make a final decision.

Alaskagrown
04-05-07, 19:59
Mark White (SoundTech) makes custom cans not sure about the price though. Of the two listed I would go with the Sound Tech Fat Boy. The YHM threaded Phantom is $460 I have the QD phantom and like it a lot. And the design of the Phantom was created by Mark White.

vincent_serna
04-06-07, 20:01
the sound tech fat boy can is by far one of the quietest cans on the market today , due to the higher volume and turbalence it gets a much higher suppression rating, YHM even utilizes the patened Blast baffle system from sound tech.