PDA

View Full Version : MOE Grip fitting question

nozzle13
02-09-10, 18:48
Hope this is the right group to put this in, but here goes. I received a Magpul MOE OD grip today from the UPS Man.

I'm putting this on a Spike's Tactical lower, well I'm trying to put it on. It appears that the grip rails are too narrow for my lower. I have a CAA G27, and a Houge grip that fit perfectly. My question is has anyone else run into this problem? Should I file down the rails to make them fit? Would this have an impact on grip alignment? I sent magpul an email, but there awful busy with the Shot Show mails, so they may take a while to get back to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've got the CAA grip on it now, but I'm not real crazy about it, plus it's really messing with my color scheme! Man that sounds gay!!!

JBecker 72
02-09-10, 18:50
mine was tight too, but with some moderate force it slid on without needing to file it.
Also, heat up the loctite on the bolt they give you before installing or you will have a hard time installing that too.
dont go to much on it, just soften it up some.

DaBears_85
02-09-10, 19:31
mine was tight too, but with some moderate force it slid on without needing to file it.
Also, heat up the loctite on the bolt they give you before installing or you will have a hard time installing that too.
dont go to much on it, just soften it up some.

This.

Eric
02-09-10, 21:29
My MOE grip was extraordinarily tight as well. The opening appears to taper toward the top.

Spurholder
02-10-10, 08:21
Yep - same here.

nozzle13
02-10-10, 16:21
Well Magpul came in A++, my grip doesn't have any taper to it at all, and while trying to put it on it was shaving material off of the spring hole. I included that info in my email, to Magpul, and today I received an email back from Justin. He is sending me a new grip and a return shipping sticker to return mine.

Simply awesome customer service. I didn't even purchase my grip from them directly, and was just looking for help on how to rectify the situation. I was already a magpul fan, now I may just become a fanatic!:D

DaBears_85
02-10-10, 18:09
Well Magpul came in A++, my grip doesn't have any taper to it at all, and while trying to put it on it was shaving material off of the spring hole. I included that info in my email, to Magpul, and today I received an email back from Justin. He is sending me a new grip and a return shipping sticker to return mine.

Simply awesome customer service. I didn't even purchase my grip from them directly, and was just looking for help on how to rectify the situation. I was already a magpul fan, now I may just become a fanatic!:D

What do you mean shaving material off the spring hole? Material from the grip or from around the opening itself? Mine was also pretty tight, but I think it's supposed to be that way to insure a tight bond to the lower. You said you sent them an email. How long did it take to get a response? I sent them an email regarding another issue about a month ago and never heard back. I'm not too worried about it, just assumed they were busy with SHOT.

nozzle13
02-10-10, 18:35
I sent the email yesterday. I got a form letter back same day within mins. talking about the back log and today got the second email. The material was being shaved off the grip rail closest to the safety spring hole. Holding it up next to my factory grip and CAA, the rails are about 1/16th an in narrower. The only way I could see getting the grip on was with a hammer, because with hand pressure it the receiver was cutting into the grip rails on both sides.

DaBears_85
02-10-10, 19:09
I sent the email yesterday. I got a form letter back same day within mins. talking about the back log and today got the second email. The material was being shaved off the grip rail closest to the safety spring hole. Holding it up next to my factory grip and CAA, the rails are about 1/16th an in narrower. The only way I could see getting the grip on was with a hammer, because with hand pressure it the receiver was cutting into the grip rails on both sides.

If I remember correctly when I put mine on it did seem too tight at first and I kinda had to wiggle it on for lack of a better term. If they're sending you a new one though, problem solved. It seems other people were having a problem with them being to tight as well. Bad batch maybe?

jwperry
02-10-10, 22:23
I recently put a MOE grip on my Spike's lower. I had to use a larger screw to get it on, then replace it with the grip screw to get it secured. But it was tight for Ergo grip that I tried and the original grip.

Spoon
02-10-10, 22:29
I have one in FDE that was pretty tight to get on also. I just manhandled it until it slid onto the receiver.

kingkroupa
02-11-10, 00:02
I remember mine being pretty tight when I put it on.

I'm really glad (but not at all surprised) to hear that Magpul is taking care of you.