PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Nova Pump

Alaskagrown
04-05-07, 20:17
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Benelli Nova Pump tactical if so, what were your likes/dislikes?

TOrrock
04-05-07, 23:49
They're light....and they have increased recoil because of that...although they do sell a recoil reduction device that goes in the stock.

I don't like how the stock and receiver are one unit, but they are reliable pieces.

I'd go (and did) for a Remington 870 Police over the Nova.

Robb Jensen
04-06-07, 05:59
Last weekend I shot themadhatters SuperNova w/comfortTech stock w/3.5" slugs. He complained about it. ;) But to me it felt like full power 2.75" slugs out of my M1 Super.

VNGunfighter
04-09-07, 10:04
5X better then the rem 870.

-faster to load
-easier to clean
-easier to modify

My .02

VNG

cebuboy
09-24-07, 06:50
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Benelli Nova Pump tactical if so, what were your likes/dislikes?

Good shotgun, reliable and easy to use. Kind of like a Glock pistol:)

The stock is too long for people here in my neck of the woods:) and it is one unit with the receiver, cant change to a shorter one.

The new Supernova fixed that problem though...

Bigun
11-12-07, 19:03
I truley hope they are decent mine should be in tomorrow morning. The price was just too good to pass up for a beater slug gun.

nationwide
11-13-07, 06:41
5X better then the rem 870.

-faster to load
-easier to clean
-easier to modify

My .02

VNG

How on earth is it easier to modify?!?!?!

Modify it with WHAT??? I couldn't even find a replacement stock for it. I hope you aren't talking about a super tactical 1.5# trigger pull :rolleyes:

mpardun
11-13-07, 08:06
Could definitely use a Knoxx (now Blackhawk) or Mesa Tactical stock option to tame recoil...at $300 - $350, they are selling a ton of them. Tactical model is nicely done, but still no M4 or M1Super90/M3!

Bigun
11-14-07, 05:28
I truley hope they are decent mine should be in tomorrow morning. The price was just too good to pass up for a beater slug gun.
Picked it up today, man the receiver seems overly large, but the sights are excelent Tactical model with the ghost ring sights. I am planning to try to put 3 differant types of slugs through it tomorrow, Brenneke, Remington, and Federal. Hopefully my shoulder will still work tomorrow afternoon.:rolleyes: The gun is heavier than I thought it would be so I dont think they will be too bad. Anyone try the Choate mag extension on one of these yet. $50 seems alot more reasonable than what Bennelli wants for theirs. Also anyone know where to get replacement barrels? Specificly the rifled cantaliver scope mount.