PDA

View Full Version : Using CASV-S handguard w/ aimpoint ML3 on RAS II LT152 Help!!

WinSomeLoseNone
02-09-10, 23:30
I am preparing to make the big purchase for my bushmaster and get my rifle on the road to badass/functional. Have a few questions about my current build and possible problems

Currently looking to build with these parts

VLTOR CASV-S (Stepped) handguard w/ flip up FSB
Aimpoint comp ML3 on LaRue RAS (short) mount
undetermined BUIS

And various other parts that don't pertain to my question.

With the stepped CASV-S the flat top of the rifle is raised. For this reason I selected the RAS II mount for my aimpoint.

Basically I want to make sure I can use my BUIS without removing the ML3. I don't want to co-witness I just want to be able to properly view my irons through the aimpoint.

This pic is straight off the VLTOR site and I believe shows the ML3 & LaRue RASII on the stepped rail. Again I am worried about the ability to use my irons while the ML3 is mounted.

http://www.vltor.com/casv-s/images/TopMainImage.jpg

Bowser
02-09-10, 23:38
You will be able to look throgh. The step down is for seeing through with EOtechs since you can't use them when they are mounted on the top portion of the rail.

WinSomeLoseNone
02-09-10, 23:47
Cool, Thanks, I was looking into the standard M version of the CASV but I prefer the look and small weight savings of the S model. Not to mention I could mount a small accessory on the front of the top rail.

Thanks again.

The_Hammer_Man
02-10-10, 07:53
I have both the CASV-EL and the -M version mounted on rifles. I have the rail extension with the built in front sight on my M and I like it alot. As far as which rear buis to use I personally use customized A2 non folding RS. It gives me true co-witness with my red dot , which is a vector strike fire in a larue low qd mount.

I like your planned setup.. good luck with it.