PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with collection agency and/or debt buyer experience?

rickrock305
02-10-10, 09:41
On the giving end, not the receiving end. Haha

basically I have a client that owes me a few thousand dollars and it's a couple months past due. I'm done screwing around with them and getting the run around so I'm exploring my options. Any helpful advice you guys could offer would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Buck
02-10-10, 09:46
To save yourself any unwarranted legal problems, I STRONGLY recomend useing small claims court and then just let the Sheriffs office enforce the judgement...

Just my .02

B

chadbag
02-10-10, 12:35
To save yourself any unwarranted legal problems, I STRONGLY recomend useing small claims court and then just let the Sheriffs office enforce the judgement...

Just my .02

B

+1

Small Claims Court can work wonders on "small" amounts like this. And it is funny how fast someone who gets a summons to court (even small claims) grows a brain and starts to talk to you about paying up and settling before the court date happens. Even big companies like Compaq.

Safetyhit
02-10-10, 16:27
basically I have a client that owes me a few thousand dollars and it's a couple months past due. I'm done screwing around with them and getting the run around so I'm exploring my options.

With all your enlightening rhetoric here, you don't know what a lawsuit is? Nor how to pursue one?

Now I know why........nevermind.