PDA

View Full Version : buy from botach with confidence!

lethal dose
02-10-10, 13:34
On Monday, at 5:00 p.m., I called Dan at botach. I ordered the aimpoint h-1 micro with kz flat top mount. I got a confirmation email that stated the optic shipped six hours later. Well, it's now Wednesday 2:00 p.m. and the optic is on my firearm. Best part- the optic, the mount, and 2nd day air shipping ran me LESS than $450 brand new. The mount is sturdy and looks decent. Dan at botach is first rate. He promptly replies to all my PMs and emails and answers all questions thoroughly. Hats off to Dan for being such a classy guy. The time from placing the order to mounting the optic on my gun was less then 48 hours... and i'll remind you of the price... less then $450! I hope botach realizes the importance of employing fine people like Dan. To Dan- thank you for making my purchase with botach an enjoyable one, I will be back!

edit: ONE HALF HOUR AFTER RECEIVING THE OPTIC AND MOUNT... Dan called me and said he got a confirmation email that the product had reached my house. I told him it was already mounted! :D Thanks again to Dan for understanding what real customer service is all about!

castillo
02-10-10, 16:45
That's good to hear. Seems like they get better... and then go to shit again, then repeat.

mikejg
02-10-10, 16:48
Case in point...I ordered some stuff from them on Monday Morning, and have yet to even see the status of my order on their website, much less have it shipped. I've emailed and called and left a message, and still no response. Bluh

lethal dose
02-10-10, 17:18
Contact Dan directly. He will help you.

mikejg
02-10-10, 17:21
Thanks. I did. He responded back quickly, but two of the items I ordered were not in stock. I really don't mind waiting. However, I wonder how long it would have taken for them to let me know the items were not in stock??? We'll see how this hashes out.

SIGguy229
02-10-10, 17:24
Did you talk to Dan?

mikejg
02-10-10, 17:27
Did you talk to Dan?

Yes. I'm in the process of working with him. He seems eager to help, so that's a plus.

lethal dose
02-10-10, 17:27
That's one thing to remember... always ask if it's in stock before ordering. That's not just a botach issue.

kjdoski
02-10-10, 19:02
That's one thing to remember... always ask if it's in stock before ordering. That's not just a botach issue.
+100! Though, I will say that MOST of my REALLY bad experiences on this particular issue have been with Botach. On two occasions, I placed large, multi-hundred dollar orders containing numerous small items as well; received shipments promptly with about $10 worth of "small stuff" with a $15 shipping charge - and notification that the other items were out of stock and wouldn't be shipped unless I OK'd a second shipping charge...

After the second time, I learned that the only way to order from them is to call and check stock first - at which point you might as well order over the phone!

Is there a direct line # to Dan, or do you just call the main line and hope?

Regards,

Kevin

lethal dose
02-10-10, 19:48
shoot him a pm and ask for his direct line. botach tactical is the user name, i think. he will set things straight for you. he gave me his DL, but i forget what it was. i would imagine that you can call the botach main line and just ask for him, too. he is a great guy. i hope they hire more people like him. they really need to repair their tainted name and dan seems like he is really eager to do so.

MrCleanOK
02-10-10, 21:00
I have ordered from Botach since Dan came around, and I did contact him before I ever placed my order. Everything went through without a hitch. I really appreciate the guy and the work he's trying to do, but I think a better title for this thread might be "Buy from Botach with confidence if you can talk to Dan!". I won't consider Botach to be truly turned around until orders that don't go through Dan are processed without issue.

lethal dose
02-10-10, 21:02
I have ordered from Botach since Dan came around, and I did contact him before I ever placed my order. Everything went through without a hitch. I really appreciate the guy and the work he's trying to do, but I think a better title for this thread might be "Buy from Botach with confidence if you can talk to Dan!". I won't consider Botach to be truly turned around until orders that don't go through Dan are processed without issue.

Agreed.

Surf
02-10-10, 23:13
I have had both good and bad experiences with Botach in the past and have personally avoided them for quite some time.

From reading Dan's thread, I gave them another chance on a fairly good sized order on my own dime considering. I ordered from Botach Defense late Sun eve. Early Monday I had a UPS tracking number, a personal email from Dan and a voicemail. Items arrived today as described, smooth transaction. I do quite a bit of purchasing for personal and work and I will be inclined to use them again.

Belmont31R
02-10-10, 23:18
One would think with all the technology available companies would invest in a site that has real time product availability info....:rolleyes:

Its one thing thats huge with me if I order from someone or not. Worst thing for me is ordering something, and then not hearing anything until they charged my card 1-2 months later without any notice or even an ETA to when they will have something.

Im not going to waste my time calling around pestering people if each item on my list is in stock. Either they have it or they dont. If they dont someone else probably will.

mr_smiles
02-10-10, 23:32
One would think with all the technology available companies would invest in a site that has real time product availability info....:rolleyes:

I agree, on that note I don't shop at places that don't let me back-order items. The best are sites that let you see what they have on order and how many back-orders have already been made, giving you and idea where you stand in line before ordering and if you'll get the product in the next shipment.

mikejg
02-11-10, 13:08
Just an update...Dan was awesome. I was able to cancel the out-of-stock items and just order the items in-stock. I got a shipment notification email and 30 seconds later, an email from Dan.

As said before, if the items you order are in-stock botach tactical is great. Check availability first with Dan and you should be good to go.

Now if the website was as helpful as Dan, botach tactical would be my go-to online store...

RogerinTPA
02-11-10, 17:50

Its one thing thats huge with me if I order from someone or not. Worst thing for me is ordering something, and then not hearing anything until they charged my card 1-2 months later without any notice or even an ETA to when they will have something.

Im not going to waste my time calling around pestering people if each item on my list is in stock. Either they have it or they dont. If they dont someone else probably will.

Noooooo shit. Having had very good experiences with Botach over the years, a new updated program for tracking inventory and showing what's currently in stock, ala BCMs, would pay in spades in cutting down the complaints.

Belmont31R
02-11-10, 18:59
Noooooo shit. Having had very good experiences with Botach over the years, a new updated program for tracking inventory and showing what's currently in stock, ala BCMs, would pay in spades in cutting down the complaints.

I just got bit on the ass ordering from SAW. Half of what I ordered is out of stock, and didn't let me know until I just got the package. They simply highlighted the invoice with what products I ordered were out of stock. No ETA. To top if off they charged me for the full amount.

Another company black listed....:(