PDA

View Full Version : left handed stag model 1

mxriderkev
02-10-10, 17:14
I'm about to purchase a left handed stag model 1, and am a little leary about the reversed mechanics of it. I took my m68 red dot down to the store to see how it would fit and right off the bat, the dust cover hit the tension screw. Althogh it is a minor problem I just turned the base of around. Is there any other issues I should be aware of? Thank you

lethal dose
02-10-10, 23:41
Other then possible reliability and longevity issues, probably not. But, that's not because it's a lefty, that's because it's a stag. Be prepared to spend money upgrading if you plan on moderate use. My buddy has the lefty stag, but it was lacking out of the box. Look up the chart on the forum and do some reading! Good luck!

mxriderkev
02-10-10, 23:46
What were the issues ?

Don Robison
02-11-10, 00:00
Being a lefty myself I would suggest getting a standard AR and some training to learn to run it. If you feel the need add an ambi safety and call it a day.

just my $.01 worth.............I can only afford $.01 in this economy.:eek:

lethal dose
02-11-10, 00:02
Most people on this forum will tell you several manufacturers make inherently flawed weapons. Stag is one.

Under the general discussion forum, click on knowledge based threads. Lotsa info

mxriderkev
02-11-10, 00:51
I have shot a lot right handed weapons in my day, I was a machine gunner in the marines. So training isn't an issue really, but there's always room for improvement. I'm actually getting the model 1 stag for a killer deal . That's why I'm going with it, maybe. What other brands wo you reccomend for someone who is looking to spend around a thousand?

cop1211
02-11-10, 00:59
Being a lefty myself I would suggest getting a standard AR and some training to learn to run it. If you feel the need add an ambi safety and call it a day.

just my $.01 worth.............I can only afford $.01 in this economy.:eek:

This, and I'm a lefty as well.

JBecker 72
02-11-10, 01:44
I have $920 in my LMT that I pieced together.
S&W lower
RRA lower parts
BCM mil spec buffer tube, spring, and H buffer
LMT 16" M4 upper with tac latch and M16 bolt
MI BUIS

currently its got more into it only because of the rail and Magpul furniture, but the basic rifle was under a grand.

ETA: I had a Stag 2H and it was a fine shooting rifle, tho it wasnt what I wanted.
the 1/9 twist barrel didnt shoot anything over 68gr worth a damn.