PDA

View Full Version : Out\door Channel Wednesday nights

gogetal3
02-10-10, 18:16
Total gun heaven Wednesday nights on the Outdoor Channel. Shows about Surefire weapon mounted lights, swat magazine show, USPSA, etc.

Robb Jensen
02-10-10, 18:46
I wish Comcast had the Outdoor channel.....

SeriousStudent
02-10-10, 18:53
Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel here.

Tactical Impact, Tactical Arms, Wild and Raw (with Marcus Lutrell), Fox Sports cheerleader tryouts..... :D

bulbvivid
02-10-10, 19:22
I wish Comcast had the Outdoor channel.....

Comcast has the Outdoor Channel here.

Robb Jensen
02-10-10, 19:37
Comcast has the Outdoor Channel here.

Weird. We have OLN which sucks.

bulbvivid
02-10-10, 19:48
Weird. We have OLN which sucks.

Probably the market. NE TN has a number of outdoor/hunter types running around.

Rider79
02-10-10, 21:08
Just set up a couple of them to record, didn't even realize I had the outdoor channel. When are Tactical Arms and Tactical Impact on?

HES
02-10-10, 21:39
Yep. My wife and eldest daughter bitch about how many shows I record on Wednesday night. This is one of the few times I invoke the "He who pays the bills sets the rules" edict.

kingkroupa
02-10-10, 22:54
Wednesday is pretty much the only night even watch tv thanks to those shows :cool:

parishioner
02-11-10, 02:20
Just set up a couple of them to record, didn't even realize I had the outdoor channel. When are Tactical Arms and Tactical Impact on?

Don't set it to record the series, just the ones you want to watch, unless you want to have about 10 of them recorded every week because they air the same ones over and over late night. The crappy thing is, at least on mine, it doesn't tell you what the particular show will be about, just a generalization of the show, so I have to just pick and choose.

I recently got my ass chewed by my roommate because we literally had about 18 tactical impact and tactical arms recorded which filled our recording space and it didn't record "24" a couple of monday's ago. :p

Razorhunter
02-11-10, 10:59
gotm4,
Are you sure your Comcast doensn't have the Outdoor CH?
I have it here, and I had to call and specially request it. I think the extra channels including Outdoor CH, cost about $5-$10 a month extra back when I ordered it.

The only problem with Wednesday nights on the Outdoor channel, is most of the shows are reruns.
SWAT TV did just debut, so maybe it will be a decent program...

JackOSU
02-11-10, 11:04
Don't set it to record the series, just the ones you want to watch, unless you want to have about 10 of them recorded every week because they air the same ones over and over late night. The crappy thing is, at least on mine, it doesn't tell you what the particular show will be about, just a generalization of the show, so I have to just pick and choose.

I recently got my ass chewed by my roommate because we literally had about 18 tactical impact and tactical arms recorded which filled our recording space and it didn't record "24" a couple of monday's ago. :p

You can probably eliminate the reruns by only picking the new shows when they first air. That is what I have done with my DVR with Time Warner. I just need to get the Sportsment channel to get the LAV fix on his show. With TW that will probably cost me an arm and a leg!

SWATcop556
02-11-10, 11:06
I've been able to watch some of SWAT TV and some of it has been good and some of it has been complete shit. James Yeager being so heavily featured is a big ****ing clue. I still watch it to support shows in this genre but take what you see with a big grain of salt.

I haven't been able to find Tactical Arms or Impact. :mad:

gogetal3
02-11-10, 15:28
Oh yea most of these are reruns and crap to boot. Like the "tactical" revolver in defense scenerios shown last night. ::Palm to forehead:: WTF. I just watch for the gunzzzzz :cool:
I'll get the tips and advice from the classes I take

awm14hp
02-11-10, 15:37
I like the shows on its a big step forward as its some shooting on TV thats alot better than we have ever had in my area of NY. But common Larry Potterfield with the KNOCKDOWN power thing on the Best Defence is alittle out there. When he reviews the carry guns the three things he measures really dont do the guns realistic justice but again you got to walk before you run ;)

RyanS
02-11-10, 16:28
I like the shows on its a big step forward as its some shooting on TV thats alot better than we have ever had in my area of NY. But common Larry Potterfield with the KNOCKDOWN power thing on the Best Defence is alittle out there. When he reviews the carry guns the three things he measures really dont do the guns realistic justice but again you got to walk before you run ;)

It's like nails to the chalkboard.

gogetal3
02-11-10, 16:34
About all I really like is the IPSC nationals, and sighting in. Everything else is good for the novice whose never much less held a gun. Going inside surefire factory was neat..

Did anybody see the concealed carry tuckable holster that had a huge body forming paddle on the commercials last night? I didn't catch the name of the maker.

gtmtnbiker98
02-11-10, 18:21
Talking about last night, that had to have been the first Colt commercial I've ever seen. Glad to see some different commercials, besides S&W, Springfield Armory and Blackhawk. The Best Defense is a JOKE and nobody gets under my skin faster than Michael Bane and "the Sheriff" Jim Wilson.

mtneer13
02-11-10, 18:52
About all I really like is the IPSC nationals, and sighting in. Everything else is good for the novice whose never much less held a gun. Going inside surefire factory was neat..

Did anybody see the concealed carry tuckable holster that had a huge body forming paddle on the commercials last night? I didn't catch the name of the maker.

Crossbreed Super tuck???

gogetal3
02-11-10, 19:04
that's it! thanks