PDA

View Full Version : Dennys Guns

payj
02-10-10, 18:31
Has anyone had any experience? Are they good/bad?

thx

Kchen986
02-10-10, 18:52
I usually don't like to badmouth retailers, but Dennys Guns/Global Tactical has NOT been the best retailer. First experience, ordered a BCG, a couple of hours later, placed another order. Emailed him asking him to combine the packages and save me on shipping. Did he do that? No. (Topgunsupply.com did this without me even asking). No reply either.

No big deal, retailers are busy right? I'll let that one go.

Ordered Ranger Pulls for PMAGs (That's what the item name was). Package arrived. What type of Ranger-Pulls were they? STANAG Ranger Pulls, not Pmag pulls. So I email him again, "Hey, you sent me the wrong item...can we work out some sort of return?"

No reply either.

0/2. Zero for two. He may have good stock, but I would look elsewhere before going to Denny's.

Cagemonkey
02-10-10, 18:54
I've had good luck with them.

taliv
02-10-10, 18:57
ordered maybe 3 of their barrels and a half-dozen other orders over past 5 years or so. never had a problem. barrels have been awesome.

civilian
02-10-10, 18:57
I'm not seeing where either of your complaints here are the retailer's fault. Number one is discretionary on his part - some businesses do this, some don't. Number two is a case of you not making sure that what you were ordering is what you wanted. Hell, he even put the correct name on the things - i.e. RANGER PULLS. He technically did not send you the wrong item. Does sound like he can do better on his responses to emails though. No experience on this end other than I've seen the name around for a while on arfcom.

I usually don't like to badmouth retailers, but Dennys Guns/Global Tactical has NOT been the best retailer. First experience, ordered a BCG, a couple of hours later, placed another order. Emailed him asking him to combine the packages and save me on shipping. Did he do that? No. (Topgunsupply.com did this without me even asking). No reply either.

No big deal, retailers are busy right? I'll let that one go.

Ordered Ranger Pulls for PMAGs (That's what the item name was). Package arrived. What type of Ranger-Pulls were they? STANAG Ranger Pulls, not Pmag pulls. So I email him again, "Hey, you sent me the wrong item...can we work out some sort of return?"

No reply either.

0/2. Zero for two. He may have good stock, but I would look elsewhere before going to Denny's.

Kchen986
02-10-10, 19:01
I'm not seeing where either of your complaints here are the retailer's fault. Number one is discretionary on his part - some businesses do this, some don't. Number two is a case of you not making sure that what you were ordering is what you wanted. Hell, he even put the correct name on the things - i.e. RANGER PULLS. He technically did not send you the wrong item. Does sound like he can do better on his responses to emails though. No experience on this end other than I've seen the name around for a while on arfcom.

Civilian, the item said, "Ranger-Puls FOR PMAGS." I think he labeled the product wrong, or shipped the wrong product. Seeing as how you have no experience with the retailer, I wouldn't be so quick to fault someone who has.

Cowtown556
02-10-10, 19:06
I like the guy never had any problem with him, he even called me at home once to make sure I got what I wanted.

eternal24k
02-10-10, 19:24
Ive had nothing but good experiences with Denny, but I havent purchased since November, he never had anything in stock with not feature to email me when things came back in stock.

Would like to get some more barrels from him though.

newyork
He's a nice guy and loves to talk. He doesn't do the email thing, he'd rather you call.

MrCleanOK
Bought a BCG from him once. Positive experience.

eternal24k
02-10-10, 19:38
He's a nice guy and loves to talk. He doesn't do the email thing, he'd rather you call.

this sums it up best

javentre
02-10-10, 19:49
If he'd rather deal with folks via telephone, then don't list an email on the web site.

If it's listed, they should use it.

9DivDoc
02-10-10, 19:55
I realize most folks have had good luck with Denny....

I have had very bad dealings with him.

m4fun
02-10-10, 20:00
I have had good luck - he does like to talk.

JonnyVain
02-10-10, 20:06
If he'd rather deal with folks via telephone, then don't list an email on the web site.

If it's listed, they should use it.

I agree. I've heard a lot of good things about Denny, but, welcome to the 21st century.

hottnucks
02-10-10, 20:11
I had a bad experience. My order:

LMT buffer tube with H buffer, spring, castle nut, and end plate
(3) Magpul XT Panels

So, I get a package with the LMT tube, spring, castle nut and plate. Also, in the package was a standard carbine buffer and a note saying the rail panels were backordered.

I called him and he said he would send me an H buffer and get the rail panels out as soon as they came in.

Long story short, I got tired of waiting so I disputed the charges with my Credit Card Company. He will never get my business again.

Captains1911
02-10-10, 21:04
I only delt with him once, and had a mixed experience. He was a complete asshole when I spoke to him on the phone, but in the end he took care of me and payed shipping both ways.

Edm
02-10-10, 21:42
Nothing but good experiences here. He worked with me on a lower one time. Another time bought a BCM midlength with a Larue rail and it was shipped very fast.

One time he mistakenly sent me a troy BUIS I didn't order and was quick to issue a credit back.

payj
02-10-10, 22:30
thanks for the replies.

too many mixed opinions. will go elsewhere......

thx

GermanSynergy
02-11-10, 00:48
I bought a Super Duty BCG from him with no problems.

crazymoose
02-11-10, 02:31
Many orders from him, all good to go, and shipped fast.

VooDoo6Actual
02-11-10, 07:30
good experiences.

DocHolliday01
02-11-10, 09:04
Civilian, the item said, "Ranger-Puls FOR PMAGS." I think he labeled the product wrong, or shipped the wrong product. Seeing as how you have no experience with the retailer, I wouldn't be so quick to fault someone who has.

I still don't see how this is his fault. He DID NOT label them Magpul Ranger Plates did he? If not that is your F-up not his.

ffhounddog
02-11-10, 10:28
Never have had a problem with Denny.

Good person and I do not mind talking to him.

ffh

hitman1012
02-11-10, 14:24
I have bought many things from them and they have always been great. Also, someone else said it already but He does not do e-mail. However, call and he is more than happy to talk and answer any and all questions. Good dude in my opinion.

berto
02-11-10, 15:34
Placed an order last spring. He had some staffing issues and called to check if my order wwent out or not. It hadn't and he apologized and sent it right away. I'd do business with him again.

carl15
02-11-10, 15:50
Been a customer since 04, bought everything from complete custom uppers to small pins. Service has been great.

Kchen986
02-11-10, 16:47
I still don't see how this is his fault. He DID NOT label them Magpul Ranger Plates did he? If not that is your F-up not his.

Yes he did. What part of "Ranger-puls for Pmags" is unclear?

This is what I ordered:

http://global-tactical.com/magpulrangerpulsforpmags10pack.aspx

http://global-tactical.com/ProductImages/PMAG%20BLK%20W%20RP.jpg

This is what I received in a ten-pack.

http://global-tactical.com/magpulxtrangermagpulls.aspx

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/magpul/mp_RANGER_plate_colors.jpg

Now quit telling me it's my ****up, because I know what I ordered. And I also know he did not respond.

SkiDevil
02-12-10, 00:02
Has anyone had any experience? Are they good/bad?

thx

I ordered a custom built Noveske Upper from him last year. Excellent product. I am very satisfied with both his work and service.

And YES, E-Mail is NOT the way to contact him. CALL his phone. He almost always answers the phone during business hours.

Hell, he has even answered the phone on his day off to answer some question/s for me.

SkiDevil

P.S. If you are considering purchasing an upper from him, I think you will be very happy. I am planning on buying another from him myself.

Al U. 5811
02-12-10, 11:36
I've ordered from him twice and both times he has sent the wrong stuff. Mil/LE discount he stated over the phone never happened either. I stick with Grant, Brownells, Operation Parts, Bravo, and Rainier. I've always had good dealings with these and find no reason to deal with anyone else. MSTN was a PITA also.

My .02.

Pappabear
02-12-10, 17:01
Old School Phone guy. Ordered BCG and LMT lower from him on seperate occassions. No problems. Call, dont write.

TheLefty
02-13-10, 01:40
I've only dealt with him once, but overall, it was a positive experience.

I called him beforehand to ask him some questions, because I wanted to order a 14.5" LMT upper from him, and have him pin a brake on for me, but he didn't have what I wanted (a Phantom). Instead, he tells me, "well, it's easy, you just pick another muzzle device", then proceeded to rant about how hard it was to get Phantoms, and how he moves millions of dollars of product, blah blah blah.

If you want to keep my business, don't tell me what to do. Suggestions are fine, but if I've decided on something, isn't the customer always right? :D

So maybe I took him the wrong way, but between that and his rant, he came off cocky.

I'd heard good things about him and his work, so he told me what I needed to know, and I mailed him a Phantom that I purchased along with a money order for the upper.

I got the upper quickly, with my Phantom pinned on it, no problem. I must say, his pin and weld jobs look fantastic. If you just glanced, you wouldn't know it was pinned.

KShaft
02-14-10, 00:18
thanks for the replies.

too many mixed opinions. will go elsewhere......

thx

Good call. I was one of the first guys to place an order for the BCM lowers. I asked and asked about my order, what was the lead time, via email and numerous phone calls and I never got a response until weeks later when he said it had already shipped. I wont ever deal with the guy unless I absolutely have to(like getting a noveske barrel or something).