PDA

View Full Version : SA-M7 Classic

DaBears_85
02-10-10, 21:17
I'm looking to buy an SA-M7 but am a bit of a traditonalist. Does Arsenal make one with wood furniture? What's up with the SA-M7 classic? Is it possible to still buy one or what? Does anybody know where to buy/find one of these, or at least something close?

Jay Cunningham
02-10-10, 21:19
You pretty much need to keep your eyes open on specialty forums like Sturmgewehr or The AK Forums... one might pop up if you're lucky but you will pay for it.

M4arc
02-10-10, 21:24
You mean like this one?

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/oclvtrek/classic.jpg

:D

I agree with The_Katar, keep your eyes on those websites and be prepared.

DaBears_85
02-10-10, 22:23
I'm an AR guy and don't know a whole lot about AKs. What's another quality, top of the line milled receiver AK with wood furniture that's more available? Money? Not so much of an object.

Spooky130
02-11-10, 08:41
K-var has the M7 Classic listed on their site but it is out of stock. That might be an option but who knows when they'd get more in.

As the others mentioned, keep your eyes on the forum for sale sections. Add in AR15.com and Gunbroker and you'll have most of your bases covered.

Spooky

ETA - if money truly is no object here ya go:http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=156673679

TOrrock
02-11-10, 08:50
The Classics were always very low production special run guns. I believe there were less than 600 manufactured. Arsenal Bulgaria stopped production of many of the older Type III parts (which the Classic is a semi auto clone of) in the early 1990's.

Cruise www.sturmgewehr.com and www.theakforum.net and you might see one for sale.

If you want an AK-47 clone, with a milled receiver, AK-47 weight barrel (vs. AKM), and 45* gas block (vs. the 90* block of the AK-74), you want either an Arsenal Inc. SA-M7 Classic, a Polytech Legend that was imported prior to 1989, or one of the converted post import ban rifles like an Arsenal Bulgaria SA-93, or a milled Chinese MAK-90.

I'd stay away from the Lancaster milled guns, they're made from a jumble of parts.

Spooky130
02-11-10, 09:34
The Classics were always very low production special run guns. I believe there were less than 600 manufactured. Arsenal Bulgaria stopped production of many of the older Type III parts (which the Classic is a semi auto clone of) in the early 1990's.

Cruise www.sturmgewehr.com and www.theakforum.net and you might see one for sale.

If you want an AK-47 clone, with a milled receiver, AK-47 weight barrel (vs. AKM), and 45* gas block (vs. the 90* block of the AK-74), you want either an Arsenal Inc. SA-M7 Classic, a Polytech Legend that was imported prior to 1989, or one of the converted post import ban rifles like an Arsenal Bulgaria SA-93, or a milled Chinese MAK-90.

I'd stay away from the Lancaster milled guns, they're made from a jumble of parts.

Thanks for the info Templar. There was a run of milled guns built during the ban on Bulgarian receivers and mostly Polish parts. I can't recall right now the companies who built them but there were three distinct ones. Where do those fall in the scheme of milled guns. I think the receivers were SLR100H - and the receivers were considered to be fairly high quality.

Spooky

DaBears_85
02-11-10, 09:38

Thanks for the info, very informative. If I were to buy an SA-M7 R (or really any rifle with polymer furniture for that matter) would I be able to have wood furniture installed on it? I know it's purely asthetic but it's important to me for some reason I'm not entirely sure of yet.

TOrrock
02-11-10, 09:39
Thanks for the info Templar. There was a run of milled guns built during the ban on Bulgarian receivers and mostly Polish parts. I can't recall right now the companies who built them but there were three distinct ones. Where do those fall in the scheme of milled guns. I think the receivers were SLR100H - and the receivers were considered to be fairly high quality.

Spooky

Yes, they were known as SLR-100H's. They were made out of Hungarian parts actually, and sometimes you got a good one, and sometimes, not so much.

3 companies made them.

Gordon Tech (best)
Blue Ridge (2nd best)
MSC (like speaking the 3rd best Eyetalian :o )

Gordon Tech also made a few on Polish kits, and they were called SLR-100P's

Those are even more rare than the Arsenal Inc. Classics, and not anywhere near as nice.

TOrrock
02-11-10, 09:45
Thanks for the info, I also enjoyed your klashnikov variants thread. Very informative. It's pretty much what sold me on the SA-M7. If I were to buy an SA-M7 R (or really any rifle with polymer furniture for that matter) would I be able to have wood furniture installed on it? I know it's purely asthetic but it's important to me for some reason I'm not entirely sure of yet.

Sure, AK stock sets are a pretty easy swap, they just usually require a bit of hand fitting.

The M7R, M7Carbine, M7A1's use AK-74 gas blocks and AKM weight (lighter) barrels, so it really depends on how "authentic" you want.

My Classic started out with the blond steamed elm stocks like Marc has on his, which is the way Arsenal shipped them. Then, I went on a laminated kick and I put a Polish stock set on it, and then, I wanted to not have to worry about dinging up the wood, since I was using it in a couple carbine classes, and I turned it into an Iraqi National Guard clone with a set of black Bulgarian stocks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Arsenal%20Classic/Classic6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Arsenal%20Classic/P1010327.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Iraq/IraqtrooperBulgarian.jpg

Spooky130
02-11-10, 09:58
Yes, they were known as SLR-100H's. They were made out of Hungarian parts actually, and sometimes you got a good one, and sometimes, not so much.

3 companies made them.

Gordon Tech (best)
Blue Ridge (2nd best)
MSC (like speaking the 3rd best Eyetalian :o )

Gordon Tech also made a few on Polish kits, and they were called SLR-100P's

Those are even more rare than the Arsenal Inc. Classics, and not anywhere near as nice.

I've got one of the Gordon Tech ones. It is pretty nice.

Another question - you mentioned the Arsenals with AKM barrels and 90 degree gas blocks. Are they made as well as the Classics but only with different parts? I've got an M7A1R that I like and wonder how it compares in quality to the Classics.

Spooky

TOrrock
02-11-10, 11:34
I've got one of the Gordon Tech ones. It is pretty nice.

Another question - you mentioned the Arsenals with AKM barrels and 90 degree gas blocks. Are they made as well as the Classics but only with different parts? I've got an M7A1R that I like and wonder how it compares in quality to the Classics.

Spooky

No difference in quality, i.e., they're outstanding.

DaBears_85
02-11-10, 12:44

So what's another quality top of the line milled receiver with a slanted gas block?

TOrrock
02-11-10, 12:57

There you go....:cool:

DaBears_85
02-11-10, 13:04
Yeah I realized that after I posted it. Sorry, thanks for idiot proofing it for me though.

TOrrock
02-11-10, 14:34
No worries. If you do happen across a milled MAK-90, they can be diamonds in the rough but you really need to know what you're looking at, since many of them have "slant cut" receivers, which won't let you get a really correct looking rifle.

So, basically, an Arsenal Inc. SA-M7 Classic or a pre-89 Polytech Legend are what you're looking for.

DaBears_85
02-11-10, 15:08
No worries. If you do happen across a milled MAK-90, they can be diamonds in the rough but you really need to know what you're looking at, since many of them have "slant cut" receivers, which won't let you get a really correct looking rifle.

So, basically, an Arsenal Inc. SA-M7 Classic or a pre-89 Polytech Legend are what you're looking for.

Yeah thanks again. I found one M7 for $2 grand! Is that what I'm probably gonna be looking at paying for any that I come across? Also, what do you make of this?

http://www.impactguns.com/store/RI1605-X.html

N4FAN
02-11-10, 15:25
Look at the lightning cut on the receiver. It is not milled like a true milled receiver. It looks to be from a cast piece rather than milled from a solid piece of steel. I would stay far away from that personnally. Then again, I am a purist when it comes to AK's. The price is nice but you get what you pay for.

TOrrock
02-11-10, 16:39
Yeah thanks again. I found one M7 for $2 grand! Is that what I'm probably gonna be looking at paying for any that I come across? Also, what do you make of this?

I believe those are done by Lancaster, which is one I'd avoid.

TOrrock
02-11-10, 16:47

I honestly haven't been following the pricing on M7 Classics, but like I said, I believe fewer than 600 are out there, so it would not surprise me at all.

Spooky130
02-11-10, 17:30

Here's one I found on Gunbroker:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=156673679

The outfit selling it seems to get a lot of Arsenal rifles since they are in Las Vegas as well. I think they are the guys who sold the factory SBRs for Arsenal a year or so ago. If you want one now, this is probably the way to go...

Spooky

FokkerSF
02-11-10, 18:05
I believe those are done by Lancaster, which is one I'd avoid.

I have seen several lancaster milled aks up close and the $700 Century polish milled is a better gun. The lancaster's I saw had AKM parts on a milled receiver which resulted in a poor fit and are not historically correct. I could barely pull back the bolt carrier on the lancaster as the fit was so bad. The century was as smooth as glass.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=157376118

I own a polytech legend and an arsenal sas-7, but if I could only afford $800 I would go for the Century one.

DaBears_85
02-11-10, 19:17
Does anybody know when Arsenal is going to make another production run of the SA-M7 Carbine? It's starting to get frustrating trying to find one or really any M7 variant for that matter.

TOrrock
02-11-10, 19:24
Does anybody know when Arsenal is going to make another production run of the SA-M7 Carbine? It's starting to get frustrating trying to find one or really any M7 variant for that matter.

I seriously doubt you'll see many more milled receivered rifles from Arsenal Inc. It's just too expensive for them to manufacture, and parts availability is getting harder and harder.

Have you considered the Arsenal Inc. SGL-20?

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=17007&cat=352&page=1

DaBears_85
02-11-10, 19:47
I seriously doubt you'll see many more milled receivered rifles from Arsenal Inc. It's just too expensive for them to manufacture, and parts availability is getting harder and harder.

Have you considered the Arsenal Inc. SGL-20?

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=17007&cat=352&page=1

I'm assuming Arsenal's stamped recievers are of higher quality than most?

TOrrock
02-11-10, 19:51
I'm assuming Arsenal's stamped recievers are of higher quality than most?

The SGL series that I've seen have been very high quality.

A pre 1989 import ban Kassnar SA-85 from Hungary are also some of the finest stamped receiver AKM out there.

DaBears_85
02-11-10, 19:53
Yeah that's definately a possibility. The other thing I was considering was a KCI AK-103. Any thoughts?

TOrrock
02-11-10, 20:00
Yeah that's definately a possibility. The other thing I was considering was a KCI AK-103. Any thoughts?

Yeah, I'd buy two of the SGL's for one of Kreb's standards.......

Or one of the SGL's, a bunch of good mags and ammo.

If you're trying to stay traditional, a pre '89 Norinco or Polytech Type 56 are outstanding rifles, very high quality.

I let this one go about a year and a half ago....

Norinco Type 56.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Type%2056-1/DSC06366.jpg

M4arc
02-11-10, 20:06
Yeah, I'd buy two of the SGL's for one of Kreb's standards.......

Or one of the SGL's, a bunch of good mags and ammo.

If you're trying to stay traditional, a pre '89 Norinco or Polytech Type 56 are outstanding rifles, very high quality.

I let this one go about a year and a half ago....

Norinco Type 56.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Type%2056-1/DSC06366.jpg

THAT is my all time favorite AK :cool:

DaBears_85
02-11-10, 20:23
THAT is my all time favorite AK :cool:

That is a sweet freakin rifle. One last question then I'll leave you alone, I'm almost certain you have better things to do. Any ideas on where to find said rifles?

TOrrock
02-11-10, 20:30
That is a sweet freakin rifle. One last question then I'll leave you alone, I'm almost certain you have better things to do. Any ideas on where to find said rifles?

If you're talking about the pre-'89 import ban rifles like the Polytechs, Norinco's, Kassnar.....

You're dealing with rifles that were imported over 20 years ago. Some will still be NIB or close, but most will show use.

Gunbroker, Sturmgewehr, and TheAKForum are places I'd concentrate on.

Razorhunter
02-12-10, 13:24
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but when purchasing an SAM7 or SAM7 Classic, MAKE SURE you determine whether or not it's a "Ban" rifle, or a "No Ban" rifle.
I wouldn't own a "Ban" model, as it doesn't have the threaded muzzle. Of course, it doesn't have the bayonet lug feature either, if that's important to you.
They can be converted, but it's a PIA, and the best option is to just go ahead and find yourself a NO BAN model, just as I did not too long ago.
Listen to Templar, he knows.
I would totally agree with his suggestion on the Arsenal/Saiga SGL-20 AK's, which are fairly new to the market. They are stamped, but they are basically Russian AK's, and are a very fine Ak. These would be my second choice, behind a milled SAM7.
However, if a milled receiver AK is what you want, then don't settle for anything less than an SAM7.

I can say for a fact, that IF you think you want a really nice AK, and not just some average, run of the mill AK, then by all means, HOLD OUT for a milled SAM7 because they can be found with a little time.
Don't settle for a "BAN" model either because the NO BAN models can be found as well.
BTW,
There is a VERY slight chance I have a lead on a NO BAN SAM7, in like new, barely fired condition at a fair price. Don't get your hopes up, as it may/MAY NOT be available, but if you are even remotely interested, shoot me a PM and identify yourself as the guy who started this thread.
Thanks and good luck.

Not sure if it's going to work, but here's an attempt at posting SAM7 pics, IF they are not too big for the forum. (I can't resize pics on this old POS PC)

EDIT: Not sure if the first two pics were originally from Templar or what, but they are not my pics. Templar, or someone else on this forum sent them to me a while back.
Sorry guys, I don't know how to make the pics show in the thread. All I can do is make them show as clickable links...

TOrrock
02-12-10, 13:41
The difference between post ban and no ban SA-M7 Classics is extremely minimal.

Mine was actually made during the ban. The muzzle is indeed threaded; the thread protector is blind pinned to the it and it's an easy bust off.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Arsenal%20Classic/Muzzlenut1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Arsenal%20Classic/Muzzlenut2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Arsenal%20Classic/Threadedmuzzle.jpg

The older Type 1, 2, and 3's (all THE AK-47) do not have separate bayonet lugs, they used a style of bayonet that locked up without the lug.

DaBears_85
02-12-10, 13:59
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but when purchasing an SAM7 or SAM7 Classic, MAKE SURE you determine whether or not it's a "Ban" rifle, or a "No Ban" rifle.
I wouldn't own a "Ban" model, as it doesn't have the threaded muzzle. Of course, it doesn't have the bayonet lug feature either, if that's important to you.
They can be converted, but it's a PIA, and the best option is to just go ahead and find yourself a NO BAN model, just as I did not too long ago.
Listen to Templar, he knows.
I would totally agree with his suggestion on the Arsenal/Saiga SGL-20 AK's, which are fairly new to the market. They are stamped, but they are basically Russian AK's, and are a very fine Ak. These would be my second choice, behind a milled SAM7.
However, if a milled receiver AK is what you want, then don't settle for anything less than an SAM7.

I can say for a fact, that IF you think you want a really nice AK, and not just some average, run of the mill AK, then by all means, HOLD OUT for a milled SAM7 because they can be found with a little time.
Don't settle for a "BAN" model either because the NO BAN models can be found as well.
BTW,
There is a VERY slight chance I have a lead on a NO BAN SAM7, in like new, barely fired condition at a fair price. Don't get your hopes up, as it may/MAY NOT be available, but if you are even remotely interested, shoot me a PM and identify yourself as the guy who started this thread.
Thanks and good luck.

Not sure if it's going to work, but here's an attempt at posting SAM7 pics, IF they are not too big for the forum. (I can't resize pics on this old POS PC)

EDIT: Not sure if the first two pics were originally from Templar or what, but they are not my pics. Templar, or someone else on this forum sent them to me a while back.
Sorry guys, I don't know how to make the pics show in the thread. All I can do is make them show as clickable links...

Yeah I was checking out the SGL-20 that Templar was telling me about. I'm seriously considering it. I also found a SA M-7 R that I'm also seriously considering. From what I've read they're supposed to be pretty nice as well. Milled receiver, 14mm muzzle threads... The only thing it doesn't have that I want is a slanted gas block but it's not a big deal. How hard is it to change out stock sets on a milled receiver?

TOrrock
02-12-10, 15:03
Yeah I was checking out the SGL-20 that Templar was telling me about. I'm seriously considering it. I also found a SA M-7 R that I'm also seriously considering. From what I've read they're supposed to be pretty nice as well. Milled receiver, 14mm muzzle threads... The only thing it doesn't have that I want is a slanted gas block but it's not a big deal. How hard is it to change out stock sets on a milled receiver?

Not hard, but you have to have a set made for a milled receiver. You can't take one for a stamped receiver and move it to a milled one.

The buttstocks are held on with three screws, two on the bottom tang and one on the upper.

The M7R comes with the longer Nato length stock, which is about as long as the one on a M16A2, i.e., way too long. You can replace it with a Warsaw length stock set. The M7R is basically the updated current issue Bulgarian and Iraqi military rifle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Bulgarian%20AKs/INGwithBulgarianAK.jpg

DaBears_85
02-12-10, 15:15
Not hard, but you have to have a set made for a milled receiver. You can't take one for a stamped receiver and move it to a milled one.

The buttstocks are held on with three screws, two on the bottom tang and one on the upper.

The M7R comes with the longer Nato length stock, which is about as long as the one on a M16A2, i.e., way too long. You can replace it with a Warsaw length stock set. The M7R is basically the updated current issue Bulgarian and Iraqi military rifle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Bulgarian%20AKs/INGwithBulgarianAK.jpg

Is it me or does that guy not look to sure about what he's doing? Then again I think that's probably how I looked when I shot for the first time. Anyways, so what would you take? SA M-7 R or SGL-20? I'm leaning towards the M-7 myself. Where did you find that Polish laminate stock set you have on your Classic?

Kalash
02-12-10, 15:27
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Arsenal%20Classic/P1010327.jpg

Your Iraqi clone is my favorite AK. Should never have sold my Classic. :(

ETA-Tim- Did you remove the sling mount off the receiver? Got a pic of the other side?

TOrrock
02-12-10, 16:02
Your Iraqi clone is my favorite AK. Should never have sold my Classic. :(

ETA-Tim- Did you remove the sling mount off the receiver? Got a pic of the other side?

People ought not sell milled Arsenals..........

I left the receiver sling point on the rifle. Most of the Iraqi Arsenal's had a steel plug installed in the receiver when they removed the sling point.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Arsenal%20Classic/P1010326.jpg

DaBears85, I bought my Polish laminated set from a guy in Poland who frequents the AK boards. His name was Robert Laukart. You should still be able to find him and his ads on www.theakforum.net and also www.sturmgewehr.com.

Mine was unissued, which means I had to do some fitting and drill the holes in the buttstock for the screws.

Hope that helps.

TOrrock
02-12-10, 16:05
Anyways, so what would you take? SA M-7 R or SGL-20? I'm leaning towards the M-7 myself.

What are you looking to do with the AK? Both are excellent rifles, the fit and finish on the M7 will be head and tails above the Saiga. The Saiga is going to be lighter, and there are far more stock options for stamped guns than there are milled.

However, personally, there's something about a high quality milled AK-47 that just feels right, and pride of ownership shouldn't be overlooked, depending on what you want to do with it.

DaBears_85
02-12-10, 16:41
What are you looking to do with the AK? Both are excellent rifles, the fit and finish on the M7 will be head and tails above the Saiga. The Saiga is going to be lighter, and there are far more stock options for stamped guns than there are milled.

However, personally, there's something about a high quality milled AK-47 that just feels right, and pride of ownership shouldn't be overlooked, depending on what you want to do with it.

Well I think I've pretty much decided on the M-7. I spend all my time I'm not at work or doing whatever the 'ole ball and chain wants to do at the range. So I'm gonna be doing alot of plinking, maybe some classes, some 3-gun e.t.c.

TOrrock
02-12-10, 18:00
Well I think I've pretty much decided on the M-7. I spend all my time I'm not at work or doing whatever the 'ole ball and chain wants to do at the range. So I'm gonna be doing alot of plinking, maybe some classes, some 3-gun e.t.c.

Either one will definitely suit your needs.

This is my buddy VASpence who's a member here running an Arsenal Inc. SA-M7A1 at a Vickers AK class a couple years ago. If you want to run a red dot, the Ultimak gas tube rail and Aimpoint T-1 or H-1 is hard to beat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Vickers%20AK%20Class/Class%204%20Resized/P1000043.jpg

Gewehr3
02-12-10, 22:32
What type of flash hider is that?

TOrrock
02-12-10, 22:39
What type of flash hider is that?

Bulgarian birdcage type, they fit the 24mm rh threads.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Half%20sized%20Tammy%20and%20Arsenal/Circle10010.jpg

DaBears_85
02-13-10, 10:18
Well thinks for all the info guys. You've all been a big help. I think you might have converted me to the other side, we'll see. Not sure if the old lady is going to be happy with my new purchase but I'll cross that bridge when she finds out. I've been searching for Robert Laukart for a stock set but it's kinda a slow process. I have to register on some other boards and what-not. Ironwood looks like they have some pretty sweet stock sets but I don't want to have to stain something myself if I don't have to. Anybody have a lead on some milled receiver wood stock sets that don't require fitting? Or does such a thing even exsist???

TOrrock
02-13-10, 10:28
All AK stock sets will require some fitting, just nature of the beast.

I've usually been able to do it with the file on one of my Leatherman's, so it's not a big deal.

Jay Cunningham
02-13-10, 10:32
Don't forget the old tricks of letting hot and cold do the heavy lifting. Put your stock in the freezer and hit the rear of the receiver with a heat gun right before you fit. Rub a touch of Ballistol on the front of the stock and your furniture fitting issues will be easy compared to most.

DaBears_85
02-13-10, 10:53
So if I bought a stamped receiver stock set the handguards would fit on the milled reciever fine but I'd have to file the stock or both?

TOrrock
02-13-10, 11:00
So if I bought a stamped receiver stock set the handguards would fit on the milled reciever fine but I'd have to file the stock or both?

The handguards can be made to fit, but not the buttstock, totally different attachment styles.

d90king
02-13-10, 11:07
IMHO these are very hard to beat. Period! It is one of my favorite AK's that I own. I love my Vepr K and 107CR but this rifle just plain shoots... The SA M7 Carbine is my go to AK any day of the week.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/P1020332-1-1.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/P1020326.jpg

Jay Cunningham
02-13-10, 11:08
The SA M7 Carbine is my go to AK any day of the week.

I would tend to agree.

Jay Cunningham
02-13-10, 11:09
Even among milled receiver buttstock there are one tang, two tang, and slant-cut, depending upon what type of rifle it is. Do your research.

Spooky130
02-13-10, 22:12
You can also check out Gunbroker and michucfc - he seems to have a good line on Polish gear. He's got some nice looking milled wood there now - the trick is getting the front wood to match the stock!

Whatever happened to the guy named Tantal? He had some fantastic stock sets - sometimes spendy but very, very nice. Last I heard he was having some health issues.

And don't discount the Russian laminate - that is some nice wood as well...

Spooky

ETA - a nice Arsenal SA M7A1R on theakforum.net:
http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=98142

Interesting M7 Carbine up for sale:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=157660067

armakraut
02-14-10, 10:18
I would tend to agree.

That was the best AK I ever owned.

d90king
02-14-10, 10:33
That was the best AK I ever owned.

Literally :D Now its ONE of the best I own.:p

armakraut
02-14-10, 10:40
Literally :D Now its ONE of the best I own.:p

Yes, quite literally.

The Saigas do the same thing, they just don't look anywhere as nice when they aren't blasting.

Razorhunter
02-14-10, 12:17
One of my absolute biggest regrets is selling off a spare undrilled Bulgarian Warsaw length polymer stock for a milled AK.
KVAR doesn't offer them anymore to my knowledge. They only offer that U.S. made crap, that just isn't the same. Sure it works, but it's not the same quality.
Does anyone know of a source for more Bulgy (NOT U.S. made) milled polymer stocks? Warsaw length only of course.

YVK
02-14-10, 14:37
I know this comes close to a sacrilege, but does anybody know if SA-M7 classic can be fitted with a folding stock, like skeletonized Bulgarian triangular type?

Spooky130
02-14-10, 15:09
I know this comes close to a sacrilege, but does anybody know if SA-M7 classic can be fitted with a folding stock, like skeletonized Bulgarian triangular type?

No... Arsenal released a version with such a stock - I think it was the SA M7 SF (C/K) - look it up on their site. It folded to the right, there was a hook like the stamped version in the bottom portion of the cut on the right side. There was an extension from the receiver that held the side folder's button. The were really nice rifles and very expensive - started around $1800-$2000

Here's a pic:

http://arsenalinc.com/sam7sf/sam7sf550x350.jpg