PDA

View Full Version : New Streamlight TLR-1s, now with strobe

earthworm94
02-11-10, 11:45
http://www.lapolicegear.com/streamlight-tlr1s-weaponlight.html

tusk212
02-11-10, 20:43
Looks interesting. Makes the decision between that and the X300 more difficult if they have bumped the output up again.

Chameleox
02-12-10, 07:29
Ditto the above, but I'll also hold out for a quality DG-type switch too.

LMTRocks
02-14-10, 13:28
That's really what I've been looking for in a weaponlight. I might have to get one when the tax return comes :)

operator81
02-14-10, 20:47
I've got the TLR-2s, love it. Its hard to focus on the front sight while using the strobe in a dark room, the laser makes aiming and getting quick hits while using the stobe very easy. Very bright, brighter than my X200.

Bimmer
02-14-10, 20:48
Looks interesting.... they have bumped the output up again.

They now claim 160 lumens from the same C4 LED that before "only" made 135 lumens...

I guess I want to hear/see some comparisons before I decide that the strobe model is worth any more $$$.

Bimmer

Skang
02-15-10, 00:46
They now claim 160 lumens from the same C4 LED that before "only" made 135 lumens...

I guess I want to hear/see some comparisons before I decide that the strobe model is worth any more $$$.

Bimmer

hmm.. possibly upgraded chip?

i know surefire also bumped their Lumens with same model. (however surefire seems like under rate their lumens)

Lee Indy
02-15-10, 07:51

Bimmer

there is no such thing as a "c4" led. its just what streamlight has dubbed there flashlights with the upgraded emmiter. this means that not all of them use the same emmiter and that even color tint between production runs could be different. all C4 led means is that is a 5th generation LED. who makes the led is up in the air between model and production run.

that being said. how is it programmable?

JSantoro
02-15-10, 11:29
It means that you can enable or disable the strobe feature.

If I recall correctly, your choices are then basically momentary/constant-on .. and .. momentary strobe/constant-on strobe. It's not like there's a third position designed into the switch that can give you any or all lighting features.

Lee Indy
02-15-10, 13:01
if it has a way to disable strobe ill buy one.