PDA

View Full Version : Magpul DVDs, ITARS, and APO

Iraq Ninja
02-11-10, 15:08
I just tried to order the new DVDs and some other stuff that I thought was not ITARS regulated. I got an email from Magpul customer service saying they do not ship to APO.

I then inquired about this change, and if the DVDs are ITARS regulated. I was told that Magpul does not ship to APOs at all as a company policy. I understand that ITARS can be a real pain in the butt to deal with, but I was a bit surprised to learn that Magpul changed it so drastically.

Anyhow, no hard feelings from my end since Magpul has helped me out in the past in many many ways.

Venom
02-12-10, 17:32
asked the same thing; told me to order via amazon.com as they don't ship oconus anymore (apo incl)

Iraq Ninja
02-13-10, 01:32
I just ordered the DVDs from Brownells and they are very supportive of APO orders for non ITARS items.

If you have a professional discount with them, the price is less too...

100-005-268 (In Stock)

Aerial Platform Operations
$24.99 discount $19.89

100-005-269 (In Stock)

Art of the Dynamic Handgun
$49.99 discount $39.65

Venom
02-13-10, 04:01
thanks for the heads up

Lee Indy
02-13-10, 09:05
i had the same problem with some tshirts............ magpul just has gotten to big to handle the little guy one on one.

Strikeforcewombat
02-13-10, 10:10
Honestly I'm shocked it took this long. Magpul did kinda blow up over night and has been expanding at a shocking rate. There doing far better then most companies that have that happen. So I have no hard feelings what so ever about it. Hell if I was in charge of Magpul after it blew up like that. I'd be slapping the Magpul logo on pairs of underwear with extra padding for the you know whats. Sell em saying they increase testicular fortitude lol. Edit Oh and I'd also probably put an image of a twinkie and two cupcakes onto the padding.

GermanSynergy
02-13-10, 10:22
I had the same experiences several months ago. No prob though- I just had the t-shirts sent to a friend's house and they sent them to me in theater.

Several years ago I tried to order a fishing rod and some lures (not from Magpul of course) and was told that these were controlled under ITAR as well :rolleyes:
I guess we can't have those insurgents getting the latest bass lure!

Strikeforcewombat
02-13-10, 10:23
I had the same experiences several months ago. No prob though- I just had the t-shirts sent to a friend's house and they sent them to me in theater.

Several years ago I tried to order a fishing rod and some lures (not from Magpul of course) and was told that these were controlled under ITAR as well :rolleyes:
I guess we can't have those insurgents getting the latest bass lure!

And god help us all if they ever get there hands on an electronic fish finder....

Iraq Ninja
02-13-10, 12:17
I'd be slapping the Magpul logo on pairs of underwear with extra padding for the you know whats. Sell em saying they increase testicular fortitude lol.

Thanks for the inspiration...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/multicam/magpole-underwear-1.jpg

Strikeforcewombat
02-13-10, 12:18

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/multicam/magpole-underwear-1.jpg

Well I consider myself half comedian half commando... Though that image is not something I can't unsee. Honestly I'm probably going to close my eyes at night, and it'll just be there... Though I won't lie multicam underwear would be something I'd buy just to say I have a pair lol.

Taken from a reply of mine from another thread.

"Would be rather nice to see that, I had an idea like that awhile back but never got around trying to make my own. The oil bottle in the grip is a pretty sweet idea too.

The Tactical Feminine Battle Companion

Comes in sizes from 5,2 all the way to 5'8.

Trained and understands most TTP you'll ever use.

Has taken armorer courses and is more then qualified to help maintain weapon systems.

Despite the lightweight 110 pound package the T.F.B.C. Is capable of carrying 50 pounds of kit,extra ammo,extra weapon systems or what ever you could need before whining,b*tching or complaining starts.

Very effective at raising and maintaining morale and motivation.

Can handle up to 120 degrees for hours before whining to go home.

Can "hold it in" for up to 3 hours(2 hours 55 minutes longer then any of our competition!)

Comes with TWO built in hydration bladders.

You'll never need that college d-bag buddy that you hate going shooting with but have no one else to take again we promise "

You wouldn't happen to have one of those laying around would you?

Lee Indy
02-13-10, 21:28
there are somethings you shouldnt do and that is all of them

DrDrake
02-15-10, 16:02
MOST of our products are ITAR restricted so we decided to only ship domestically to avoid exporting anything we’re not supposed to by mistake. ITAR is a real bitch, no two agency guys can give us the same answer. While videos and t-shirts and the like are not restricted, shipping still costs about $25 (and has to go through a separate shipping process along with all the customs paperwork). Generally other dealers and distributors carry our DVDs and offer them at a better rate than we do and will export, they are usually the best choice.
Here’s the export info from our Shipping and Return FAQ page:
http://store.magpul.com/shipping_and_returns

Bantee
02-15-10, 20:22

Holy shit!...Is this the price of Magpul fame?:D Makes me glad to be a nobody! Lol! Great work, Ir Ni. Creepy but funny.

13F3OL7
02-16-10, 22:07

I'll go a head and be the first to ask, what kind of man thong is that and where can I get one? :)

Stickman
02-18-10, 00:54
MOST of our products are ITAR restricted so we decided to only ship domestically to avoid exporting anything we’re not supposed to by mistake. ITAR is a real bitch, no two agency guys can give us the same answer. While videos and t-shirts and the like are not restricted, shipping still costs about $25 (and has to go through a separate shipping process along with all the customs paperwork). Generally other dealers and distributors carry our DVDs and offer them at a better rate than we do and will export, they are usually the best choice.
Here’s the export info from our Shipping and Return FAQ page:
http://store.magpul.com/shipping_and_returns

When you look at all the federal raids that have been going on recently regarding ITAR, I would think everyone would be extra careful right now. I've been hearing some real weird stories, and not weird good.

Lee Indy
02-18-10, 01:33
agreed. shit is getting stupid