PDA

View Full Version : questions on RRA lower parts kit quality

JBecker 72
02-11-10, 20:13
Im sorry for beating a dead horse, but I cant seem to make the search function work properly today :(

My rifles specs are as follows:
LMT upper with M16 BCG
S&W MP15 lower with RRA parts
BCM H buffer, tube and spring

In the sake of wanting to own the highest quality rifle I can afford, Im wondering about the lower parts.
Its the only place where you could say I "skimped", however I wasnt aware of the RRA reputation when I built this lower a while back.
Some may say the same about the S&W lower, however I like the markings, and everything is in spec and I dont have any of the Pmag sticking problems others have.
I see that as a non issue.

So whats the general opinion on RRA parts? Are they worth changing if they have performed fine over 1500 rounds?

Ive been thinking of buying an LMT parts kit and throwing it in my lower and keeping the RRA parts in my parts box as spares.
I also have various DPMS lower parts like springs, detents and an extra firing pin as well as some BCM bolt parts.

What say you?

Artos
02-11-10, 21:56
check out the g&r lpk's...i'm the same way and always wanting to move from 2nd to first class on my build.

Honestly, i doubt i would ever notice the difference on lpk's as i currently do not wear & tear my ar like the more experienced shooters here but at least i'm moving in that direction.

ZeroDistortionNow
02-11-10, 22:05
I have a RRA LPK and a RRA Lower, The quality I have noticed when compared to others has been nothing short of remarkable. I believe the peoducts they produce to be of higher quality than other makers of the same parts.

Kilo 1-1
02-14-10, 16:50
RRA LPKs are fine. The only gripe I have with my lower is that they make some of the non-smoothest single stage triggers out there. I managed to make it a little smoother with some careful work, but I'm thinking of swapping my trigger out with a better single stage one.

chadbag
02-14-10, 18:41
I have a RRA LPK in my rifle I took to a few classes in 2009 and it worked just fine.