PDA

View Full Version : What single point sling???

slickrick0999
02-11-10, 21:30
Ok,
Just what the title says....can anyone give me some advice as to what single point sling to look into for an AR?

Thanks,
Rick

cfrazier
02-12-10, 00:31
First what do you intend to use the rifle for- range , duty or HD?

If this is for duty as a member of a team where you will be are searching buildings I would recommend the Specter Gear MOUT sling. The single point is best for this application due to the ease of switching to your weak side. This sling mounts to your rifle by a end plate and has a quick detach buckle.

If this is for range or HD I would recommend that you stick with a 2 point sling such as the Vickers sling. This sling is better in that you are not constantly holding the rifle and its not smacking you in the nuts like a single point. This sling also allows you to sling the rifle out of the way when transtioning to the handgun.

I have used both on my rifles for work and play. I still feel that for myself in the searching of buildings that the single point is the stonger of the two but that is as about its only strong point.

slickrick0999
02-12-10, 07:52
This is for a carbine CQB type set up. It would be used for HD and range. I am going to be looking at taking a AR class sometime this year also (got to go to Disneyland first says the boss).

But anyway, thanks for the response, I will look into the slings you mentioned.

If anyone else has any suggestions / reccomendations I am all ears (or eyes I guess )

Rick

mhanna91
02-12-10, 08:20
I have a specter gear MOUT and it seems to work really well. like the above poster said, It is great for slinging your rifle out of the way when transitioning to handgun or doing anything else with your hands. it is also very comfortable to let the rifle hang at your side as opposed to on your chest and front torso area.

I do have one question that will sound really dumb to everyone, but I need to ask it. When I attached my MOUT sling buckle ( the part that stays on the rifle when the sling is detached) to my DD Burnsed loop plate, I could not figure out for the life of me how to route the web strap back thru the plastic adjustment dohicky to get it to hold tight. The way I did it, I ended up with like 5" of extre strap so I cut it off and melted it with a lighter, would it be possible for someone on here to explain the correct way to do this?

JC5611
02-12-10, 08:55
I have a specter gear MOUT and it seems to work really well. like the above poster said, It is great for slinging your rifle out of the way when transitioning to handgun or doing anything else with your hands. it is also very comfortable to let the rifle hang at your side as opposed to on your chest and front torso area.

I do have one question that will sound really dumb to everyone, but I need to ask it. When I attached my MOUT sling buckle ( the part that stays on the rifle when the sling is detached) to my DD Burnsed loop plate, I could not figure out for the life of me how to route the web strap back thru the plastic adjustment dohicky to get it to hold tight. The way I did it, I ended up with like 5" of extre strap so I cut it off and melted it with a lighter, would it be possible for someone on here to explain the correct way to do this?

Something like this might help you out......

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/retainingbands.aspx

I'm currently using a Gear Sector single point sling, which is a great sling. I'm really looking forward to giving one of these a try.....

http://www.skdtac.com/PIG_Drop_Slider_TM_Sling_Mk_1_p/pig.110.htm

We carry AR's and MP5's at work and I think the PIG drop slider might be a great sling to alternate between the two when necessary. They look great, but I haven't had a chance to try one out yet. I'll let you know when I do, I'm thinking it would be a good sling to switch all the work guns to...:)

Vinh
02-12-10, 09:19
I can recommend the Wilderness single point sling. I think Pat Rogers may have recommended it many years ago, and I've stuck with it ever since.

westcoastfrog
02-12-10, 13:40
IMO can't beat magpul asap and ms2

cop1211
02-12-10, 19:43
I like urban ert slings.

Robb Jensen
02-12-10, 19:45
My two favorite single points are the Magpul MS2 on a Magpul ASAP and a GEAR Sector single point with a QD attachment on a Daniel Defense or Noveske QD receiver end plate.

JSGlock34
02-12-10, 20:02
My two favorite single points are the Magpul MS2 on a Magpul ASAP and a GEAR Sector single point with a QD attachment on a Daniel Defense or Noveske QD receiver end plate.

Gear Sector + Noveske QD...

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x131/JSGlock34/IMG_2611.jpg

TxSoldier
02-13-10, 20:10

I just picked that up today at the gunshow. I need the tool though to install the ASAP on my AR lol.

Robb Jensen
02-13-10, 20:21
I just picked that up today at the gunshow. I need the tool though to install the ASAP on my AR lol.

I picked up one of these http://hammerheadrifletool.com/HammerHead_Rifle_Tool/HammerHead_Rifle_Tool_Home.html at SHOT show this year in Vegas. It works pretty damn well.

TxSoldier
02-13-10, 20:42
Thanks for the suggestion, I may have to pick one up!

slickrick0999
02-17-10, 18:46
What do you guys think about the BDS single point slings?

http://www.bdstacticalgear.com/pd-multi-cam-cqb-single-point-sling.cfm

The only problem I see so far, is that I have the Noveske flush cup style attachment point, so I would have to get some on to modify the HK clip to that.

Just trying to get as many opinions as I can.

thanks,

Rick

slickrick0999
03-06-10, 21:14
Just got my PIG drop slider MK2 single point sling. I got to say I really like it so far.

Hammerheadbob
05-11-10, 21:24
I picked up one of these http://hammerheadrifletool.com/HammerHead_Rifle_Tool/HammerHead_Rifle_Tool_Home.html at SHOT show this year in Vegas. It works pretty damn well.

I know all have been waiting.....

My new barrel nut tool is in hand and I'll be starting a limited production run next week. If all goes right I'll have them ready for my many beta testers within two weeks....I know, I've been promising to get these out but, the design has been more difficult than I thought....still waiting on the patent pending to finalize as well.

The wait will be worth it I think....the first tool that will grab and contact EVERY tooth on the barrel nut...even with the front site tower in place. 360 degrees of contact, just as with the original HammerHead Rifle Tool...I will tell you now, this is a designated high quality barrel nut tool, this is not a "multi-tool".

Bites hard, Holds Hard!

More to follow, Bob

The_War_Wagon
05-11-10, 21:53
TacticalLink (http://www.tacticallink.com) - I use their Singlepoint slings on 2 of my AR's, and I'm hitching up one of their 2-point slings for the first time on my POF.

Their Z360 mounts are da' BOMB - especially if your castle nut is staked, and you don't want to mess with that. They aren't cheap, but they DO work! :D

BrianS
05-12-10, 18:38

Do you run into issues if you use the Magpul MS2 with a QD swivel on a Noveske plate?

Tzoid
05-12-10, 21:52
I run the Gear Sector ASP with a Daniel Defense QD Swivel mount.

It works well.......:D