PDA

View Full Version : Magpul QC issues

Gasitman
02-12-10, 03:47
OK, so not to get flamed on my first post, let me just say that I am new to the AR board, but not new to AR's.

I just picked up a Ruger SR-556 and put a few things on it, most of them being from magpul. Everyone of the items I bought had issues, here goes.

First off is their B.A.D. Lever, did not come with the set screw.
Next is their MOE polymer trigger guard. Cracked when I went to put in the roll pin, so I called them up and they sent me a aluminum version, free of charge, which I thought was very cool. I went to install it, and the roll pin they sent me would not go in, and also split in half while trying to get it out.

Last but not least is the magazines that came with the Ruger, one was cracked in half when I opened the box. They told me I had to contact Ruger on that one, and yes, Ruger is sending me a replacement free of charge.

Is this a norm with magpul, or am I just having very bad luck with the stuff I have encountered with them? I will say the free upgrade was rock solid on their part, however, 3 items, 3 isseus.????:confused:

perna
02-12-10, 03:58
Issues with there products not normal, them bending over backwards to fix ANY complaint they see or hear about yes.

mr_smiles
02-12-10, 05:16
Bad luck, I switched all my magazines from to pmags simply because they're superior, at $40 each I would still do the same, $15 just means they're even better :P.

Most metal bodied magazines lasting me maybe a dozen uses before the lips are banged up or the body isn't the right shape. Haven't had to replace a single pmag yet, and I've tried breaking them on a few occasions (yes they can be broken if you try hard enough) To get a broken one in the box makes me think either it was broken pre shipment or your rifle would have some damage as well.

Iraqgunz
02-12-10, 05:20
Have you read the rules concerning contacting the manufacturer first? I realize that you say that you have contacted them, but the way it was presented was not good.

No, your experiences are not typical of Magpul products at all. As for the damaged magazine with the SR556 I don't se how they could have any influence over that considering it was shipped out to Ruger and from Ruger to the dealer.