PDA

View Full Version : Vertx tac pants - 50% off

Boss Hogg
02-12-10, 10:12
These pants got favorable reviews on MM and other sites, and for $30 shipped I'll give them a shot. I like the way Arc'teryx fits, and these were co-developed with that pricey Canadian "bird", so it will be interesting to see how these compare to all the other 50 tactical khakis on the market.

enter coupon code "facefan200"

http://www.vertxtactical.com/

mattj
02-12-10, 10:48
Confirmed! Awesome pants for $30. Thanks man!

rob_s
02-12-10, 11:10
anyone have any comments on fit? I'm not a big fan of $60 pants, but $60 pants for $30 I might just be all over. :cool:

I wear a 34/32 in jeans with room for the CCW IWB.

Lynn Freshly
02-12-10, 12:19
I have had a pair of these for about 5 months now. They have some nice features and are very good quality gear. Are they head & shoulders above the other tactical pants on the market? No, but they are very nice. I like the design of the side pockets and the articulating knees.

I plan on buying more.

Lynn

JLSKIP
02-12-10, 12:35
I don't have experience with other brands or styles of tactical pants, but I did pick up 2 pair of these about a month ago. I absolutely love fit, feel, comfort and features of these pants. They don't scream tactical, and they can even be worn in nicer dress environments without raising an eyebrow. The only thing I don't like is that they are a magnet for pet hair and lint. I have noticed that since they have been through the wash a few times, they are getting better about not collecting as much crap. I just ordered 3 more pair at $30 ea. Thanks to Boss Hogg!

Iraq Ninja
02-12-10, 12:43
I got the same concerns that Rob has. How does the sizing compare to 5.11s? Does the tan fade to the pale white color seen in 5.11s?

BTW, SKD has a sale going on for their new tactical pants. They were not happy with some of the minor QC issues, and knocked them down in price.

http://www.militarymorons.com/gear/gear.1.html#skdbdu2

d90king
02-12-10, 13:23
If its the khakis you are looking at, I have started wearing Mountain Khakis and have been very pleased with the quality, comfort and sizing. The Originals are nice but I think I like the Teton ones best. I will be ordering another half dozen pair when they are on sale again....

They seem to be very durable, triple stitched, crotch reinforced, bottom of the legs reinforced, rear pockets reinforced and a notch on both sides of front pockets for a knife... Grey Group had them on sale for around 40 bucks which in my opinion is a value for the quality you are getting.

I also like that they are not "tacticool" and can be worn at the office or at the range and classes etc...

rob_s
02-12-10, 13:36
I got the same concerns that Rob has. How does the sizing compare to 5.11s?
I'm reading online mixed reports of folks saying they're dead nuts and folks saying they're a little snug. I suspect it's the elastic to some extent. I think I'm going to order a pair of the desert in my normal 34/32 jeans & khakis size and see what happens. I wish I could be more confident as I'd order two pairs if I could, but since you never really know for sure until they're washed, and then nobody will take things back...

nickdrak
02-12-10, 13:58
I saw MM's review on these a few months back which got me interested, but I ended up completely forgetting about them. Thanks for the link & coupon code! I just ordered 2 pair (OD & DT).

militarymoron
02-12-10, 14:38
I got the same concerns that Rob has. How does the sizing compare to 5.11s? Does the tan fade to the pale white color seen in 5.11s?

they fit 'true to size' on me, which is just right, but in comparison to TAD gear or some other pants, they're a bit snugger around the waist.
the khaki is actually a very light tan. their desert tan is a darker shade, which i like better (i just haven't had time to put pics up to show the difference). between khaki and desert tan, i'd go with the desert tan.

vaspence
02-12-10, 15:02
Ditto to MM's statements. I'm a 38w and can still IWB a Raven or TS UCR with no discomfort. They do feel snugger (sp?) around the waist than the TAD Spartans.

Thanks for the heads up, I picked up a couple more. If you want the polo's the coupon works for 50% off of them also.

Spence

shittercrewchief
02-12-10, 15:13
Screw it i ordered 2 sets i 34/32 desert tan and multicam.

arrigoni
02-12-10, 15:25
for me, the vertx have been true to size and I've been happy with the one pair of khaki that I've been wearing for a couple months.

The color is a bit light, though. Should have gotten the desert tan.

sevin8nin
02-12-10, 15:39
I own 3 pairs of these pants. 2 33x32s and one 34x32. My 5.11s are 32x32s as are all my jeans and I carry IWB. I would recommend going up a full even size for IWB. Odd size up if its available.

lethal dose
02-12-10, 15:56
Do you not see the sale price until after you enter the code?

JLSKIP
02-12-10, 15:59
Do you not see the sale price until after you enter the code?

Yes, once you go to checkout, enter the code and it will take 50% off.

PlatoCATM
02-12-10, 16:18
I just bought both the Vertx and the SKD out of sheer impulse because I'm that bored at the airport.

Boss Hogg
02-12-10, 17:09
Did any of you guys who ordered get an email confirmation? I haven't received anything yet. Thanks.

JLSKIP
02-12-10, 17:10
Did any of you guys who ordered get an email confirmation? I haven't received anything yet. Thanks.

Negative.

HighSpeedDreams
02-12-10, 20:04
Best pair of pants that I own are the Mountain Hardwear Piero Pants. D90King can testify. Durable, extremely breathable, and you can usually find them for around $50.00.

http://www.mountainhardwear.fi/Product.aspx?top=1827&prod=3107&cat=1874&viewAll=False

JSGlock34
02-12-10, 20:46
Great deal on a great set of pants...thanks for the heads up.

JonnyVain
02-13-10, 20:34
I like Tru-Spec pants. They're rip-stop. Good fit. Variable waist size

http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/department/bdus-10029.cfm

oef24
02-13-10, 23:34
Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered 2 pair and can't wait to try them out. If they are as good as described, I will order 2 more.

Iraq Ninja
02-14-10, 02:12

If you are talking about Tru-Spec BDUs, they are not in the same class as the Vertx pants. :)

I just order two pants and one shirt. The discount worked for the shirt too. Hell, free shipping to an APO makes it even better...

rob_s
02-14-10, 05:47

http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/department/bdus-10029.cfm

Hey, cool, they have sateens (http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/product/original-govt-issue-m65-field-pant-4542.cfm)! (although I ain't ****in' payin' $40/pair for 'em!)

Oscar 319
02-14-10, 06:01
I scored me a pair of pants too. Hell of a deal.

This is actually a facebook promotion Vertx had for reaching 200 fans. They are calling it an "Evaluators promotion".

We hit over 200 fans! Now we can extend you our Evaluators promotion. We only offer this discount to those we want evaluating our products, and who better than our fans. Its 50% off and free shipping for any non-sale item at VertxTactical.com

It makes me feel like less of a homo for having a facebook account. :eek:

sudnit5
02-14-10, 09:17
Just ordered a pair, Thanks for the heads up.

bdub712
02-14-10, 13:54
i got down on a black pair and desert pair....we'll see

mpom
02-14-10, 20:14
Almost feel guilty for not having a facebook account, but not quite!
Ordered 2 pairs. Thanks for the heads up on this deal.

Mark

99superduty
02-15-10, 01:06
is it me or is the "navy" color brown?

Boss Hogg
02-15-10, 07:56
for you Warren Buffet fans and/or haters......

The Vertx brand is an internal start up of Fechheimer Brothers Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company. The brand was created as a collaborative effort between Fechheimer, Arc’teryx and federal law enforcement to produce a progressive tactical pant. The combined strength of Fechheimer ‘s 168 years of tailored garment production for law enforcement and military customers, Berkshire Hathaway’s integrity and financial strength, Arc’teryx’s world class design, and the authentic tactical direction of the federal law enforcement operators generated the functionally advanced Vertx pant.

bulbvivid
02-15-10, 10:44
No order confirmation here.

DJK
02-15-10, 13:52
No order confirmation here.

I ordered a pair last week and my cc was charged over the weekend. I am guessing that they do not send out confirmations.

Dragk913
02-15-10, 15:16
I ordered a pair last week and my cc was charged over the weekend. I am guessing that they do not send out confirmations.

x2.
The guys over on LF'er said Vertex was shipping (usually) the day after ordering but wasn't sending order confirmations/shipping notices.

ST911
02-15-10, 16:10
How's the front pocket opening, depth and lining on these, compared to the others (Woolrich, EOTAC, etc)?

Also, any additional exposure of a pocket gun with that utility notch? Specifically, a J-frame or a Glock subcompact?

Anybody hang dry these? The mid-weight might help drying time. I wonder about the lycra, too?

C45P312
02-15-10, 16:37
d0h! Hopefully the code will be good till thursday. I get paid then <crosses_fingers>

Dragk913
02-15-10, 16:48
d0h! Hopefully the code will be good till thursday. I get paid then <crosses_fingers>

It's good till the 28th.

wantsum
02-15-10, 20:24
Thanks for the heads up!
Free shipping is good till the 19th

C45P312
02-15-10, 20:29
Thanks for the heads up!
Free shipping is good till the 19th

So it ends on the 20th?

fourXfour
02-15-10, 22:34
Great pants. I received a pair for T&E and I ended up buying 2 more. The Polos are pretty nice too.

I find the waist runs a little snug and legs run a little long. They feel baggier than some of the competing brands, but they are very comfy in a crouching position. I wore the pants through Magpul's Dynamic Carbine and I did not have any issues. The pants are designed for the various shooting positions. The back of waist is tapered up which really helps big guys like myself.

I also got to see their prototype BDU uniform at SHOT show. It looks very sleek and I'm going to push for it for my dept. The jacket looks ok, I would rather have one with a hood.

I'm wearing the pants as much as I can. I want to get as many washes in to see fading and wear & tear.

I'm very interested in the faults of these pants and if there are any body types that don't work with these pants

fourXfour
02-15-10, 22:36
How's the front pocket opening, depth and lining on these, compared to the others (Woolrich, EOTAC, etc)?

Also, any additional exposure of a pocket gun with that utility notch? Specifically, a J-frame or a Glock subcompact?

Anybody hang dry these? The mid-weight might help drying time. I wonder about the lycra, too?

The pockets are very deep. The bottom of my pants pocket is about level with the middle of my cargo pocket. I could almost pocket carry a 1911.

d90king
02-16-10, 06:04
Best pair of pants that I own are the Mountain Hardwear Piero Pants. D90King can testify. Durable, extremely breathable, and you can usually find them for around $50.00.

http://www.mountainhardwear.fi/Product.aspx?top=1827&prod=3107&cat=1874&viewAll=False

Damnit! I forgot about those... They are great pants, very functional without the tacticool look. Hope you are well and staying safe!

Oscar 319
02-17-10, 09:05
I just received a shipping notice and UPS tracking number for my order.

punkkin
02-17-10, 09:14
I just received a shipping notice and UPS tracking number for my order.

Got mine also.

bulbvivid
02-17-10, 09:22
Got mine also.

I did as well. Thanks to the OP for the heads-up.

Boss Hogg
02-17-10, 10:11
Mine just arrived.

initial pre-wash impressions (36x36): waist, lacking the "fatboy" self-adjustment of 5.11 pants, is slim and your gut will hang over. Also tight around the "pelvic girdle". Maybe I've been working the hip flexors too much :) Length is plenty long.

I'd like them to put the belt loops directly over the hip bone, so that you can use it to anchor a Kydex holster. They're back about 1".

The Navy is VERY dark, almost black.

ST911
02-17-10, 10:16
Mine just arrived.

initial pre-wash impressions (36x36): waist, lacking the "fatboy" self-adjustment of 5.11 pants, is slim and your gut will hang over. Also tight around the "pelvic girdle". Maybe I've been working the hip flexors too much :) Length is plenty long.

I'd like them to put the belt loops directly over the hip bone, so that you can use it to anchor a Kydex holster. They're back about 1".

The Navy is VERY dark, almost black.

A couple of follow-up questions...

Are you a lean 36" or a healthy 36"? Do you wear 36s in Woolrich, 5.11, or EOTAC? Any difference in the inseam between the Vertx and others?

Would the navy match a LAPD Blue LE uniform, darker/lighter?

sadmin
02-17-10, 10:21
I did as well. Thanks to the OP for the heads-up.
me too, thanks to the OP for the great heads up. I ordered 33-34, so if anyone ordered that size I will edit with the play in the waist, should be here tomorrow.

Boss Hogg
02-17-10, 10:55
A couple of follow-up questions...

Are you a lean 36" or a healthy 36"? Do you wear 36s in Woolrich, 5.11, or EOTAC? Any difference in the inseam between the Vertx and others?

Would the navy match a LAPD Blue LE uniform, darker/lighter?

I wear 36x36 in everything.....and these are snug (though I could lose the gut). The elastic in the waist doesn't move much. I've never seen LAPD Blue in person, so can't comment.

I could superimpose these on a pair of 5.11 36" waist so you can see the difference.

The hidden pocket in the thigh pocket fits an AR mag....or iPhone.....quite nicely.

ST911
02-17-10, 11:02
I wear 36x36 in everything.....and these are snug (though I could lose the gut). The elastic in the waist doesn't move much. I've never seen LAPD Blue in person, so can't comment.

I could superimpose these on a pair of 5.11 36" waist so you can see the difference.

The hidden pocket in the thigh pocket fits an AR mag....or iPhone.....quite nicely.

Thanks. I just placed my order for some. I'll shake them down.

bulbvivid
02-17-10, 11:02
Just got mine in and tried on a pair. I wear 36" in everything, typically with a little room, and these are snug. After a wash cycle or two I doubt I'll be able to wear them. The only other pants I have to compare them to (other than jeans and the like) are some EOTACs that I have, which are perfect at 36". Looks like I'll be checking on an exchange with these.

chadbag
02-17-10, 11:09
Got my ship notification

looks good so far

nickdrak
02-17-10, 14:23
I recieved mine yesterday in the mail. Threw them in the wash immediately, and wore them to work last night. I wear a size 36 waist, but I always order a size 38 to facilitate IWB carry of my pistol off-duty.

The waist seems true to size for me. They didnt seem to shrink much, if at all after the first wash.

I like the zippered internal hidden pocket, and I carried my Kahr PM9 (B.U.G.) in there during work.

The VERTX pants wore very comfortably, and the stitching seemed sturdy and well done but only time will tell.

One thing to consider. With the "Free Shipping" option the pants were shipped in a plastic non-padded shipping bag. Mine arrived unscathed, but I cant tell you how many times I have had to send clothing items back to the seller that had been sent out in similar shipping bags due damage that occured in-transit. I would pay extra for whatever other shipping options they have available, and request that they ship the bag inside of a box for added protection.

ToddG
02-18-10, 09:08
One of the federales who played a major role in getting these designed is a close friend of mine. Arcteryx gave me a pair at the SHOT Show and they are really excellent range/tac pants. They've run true to size for everyone I know who has some.

In the "be like Mike" category, there are already two high-level federal full time tac teams that have dumped their 5.11s for these. The Vertx pants are going to be the next Royal Robbins, for good & bad.

Ga Shooter
02-18-10, 09:34
I have a sizing question. I used to bodybuild and still have very large legs. I cannot wear 5.11's but Propper's fit really well. Those of you who have them do you have leg room? Thanks

Boss Hogg
02-18-10, 10:28
I have a sizing question. I used to bodybuild and still have very large legs. I cannot wear 5.11's but Propper's fit really well. Those of you who have them do you have leg room? Thanks

If you have large hip flexors (or glutes), I think you're going to have a tough time but you might as well try at the discount. They're not pleated. Yeah, I know, the fashionistas hate pleats.

David Thomas
02-18-10, 10:39
According to my tracking number, mine should be here today along with the shirt I ordered.

rob_s
02-18-10, 10:42
I recieved mine yesterday in the mail. Threw them in the wash immediately, and wore them to work last night. I wear a size 36 waist, but I always order a size 38 to facilitate IWB carry of my pistol off-duty.

The waist seems true to size for me. They didnt seem to shrink much, if at all after the first wash.

I like the zippered internal hidden pocket, and I carried my Kahr PM9 (B.U.G.) in there during work.

The VERTX pants wore very comfortably, and the stitching seemed sturdy and well done but only time will tell.

One thing to consider. With the "Free Shipping" option the pants were shipped in a plastic non-padded shipping bag. Mine arrived unscathed, but I cant tell you how many times I have had to send clothing items back to the seller that had been sent out in similar shipping bags due damage that occured in-transit. I would pay extra for whatever other shipping options they have available, and request that they ship the bag inside of a box for added protection.

Based on this I went ahead and ordered a pair in my usual jeans size. Thank you for posting.

keller
02-18-10, 17:53
Ordered a couple pairs yesterday. They are 45 minutes away so hopefully will be here by end of the week. Everything I have read say these are vg. The FB page says they will be extending the free shipping offer.

lindertw
02-18-10, 19:10
My order arrived today, the fit was true to size for me. I just ordered a second pair (one waist size up for IWB) and the coupon code was still good...

sparkman
02-19-10, 09:20
Received mine yesterday, I ordered the 38x32's ( I normally wear 36's in everythng-jeans, Dockers), and they fit well after washing, I think the 36's would
be too snug. Length is slightly long, but very close.

I had the same probelm w/LAPolice gear 5.11's the 36's were too snug (I upsized to the 38's and they are good).

BTW, I have 3 pairs of NIB LA Tac pants 36x32's (two Khaki, 1 desert) would probably be perfect for 34 guys...willing to trade for something...(to much hassle to return)

I am going to order another pair of Vertyx's today...

David Thomas
02-19-10, 09:36
Received mine yesterday, I ordered the 38x32's ( I normally wear 36's in everythng-jeans, Dockers), and they fit well after washing, I think the 36's would
be too snug. Length is slightly long, but very close.

I had the same probelm w/LAPolice gear 5.11's the 36's were too snug (I upsized to the 38's and they are good).

BTW, I have 3 pairs of NIB LA Tac pants 36x32's (two Khaki, 1 desert) would probably be perfect for 34 guys...willing to trade for something...(to much hassle to return)

I am going to order another pair of Vertyx's today...

I really like the cut and layout of the pants and pockets etc... so far after trying them on. Mine are too long as well. Having short legs I usually can get a 30 and be fine; however, the 30 in these pants will need to be hemmed in order for me to be able to wear them without having them drag the ground or walking on them.

The Polo is pure awesome!!
I am going to order at least one more. Everything from the feel, fit, cut... perfect!

Boss Hogg
02-19-10, 15:33
The polo does seem like it would be incredibly cool in summer.

nickdrak
02-19-10, 16:10
The "facefan200" 50% off coupon code is still valid! (as of 19/Feb @ 1600hrs.)

I just ordered another pair of pants and one of the polos to try out.

02-23-10, 06:10
Thanks for posting this. I just ordered 2 pairs.. Khaki and Desert. The coupon is still good as indicated. Free shipping is still good to go this morning. The only thing was that I was charged sales tax even though I'm not in Ohio. Weird.
I normally wear 38 (not snug but just right) and I ordered 40 to allow room for my IWB holster. I'll advise when they arrive. :cool:

mpom
02-23-10, 07:42
My experience: washed a pair and sent back for exchange to one size longer, as they shrunk around 0.5 inch. Not unexpected, as they are 90% cotton.
Quality is excellent, fit is more comfortable than jeans. Originally ordered 2 pairs, ended up ordering 2 more. Great deal, great item. Thanks for the tip.

Mark

GreyOps
02-23-10, 07:54
Got mine last week, impressed so far. Thanks to the OP for the heads up. I may have to try out one of their polos as well.

JackOSU
02-23-10, 12:34
Mine came in today. They look very solid and most of the guys I shoot with have nothing but good things to say about them. Will know more about the fit when I leave the office.

C45P312
02-23-10, 12:37
How long was the shipping? I ordered on Friday, and haven't recieved a tracking yet.

Thanks
-Carlo

brofro
02-23-10, 12:46
I received my order within 4 days, and it was actually delivered before I even received the shipping notice via email.

GreyOps
02-23-10, 12:52
3-4 days, I never received a confirmation or shipping/tracking number either.

Dozer
02-23-10, 13:09
Ordered on 18FEB, arrived today with free shipping.

C45P312
02-23-10, 13:12
Cool, I'll be on the look out for it then. Once good thing about living in an apartment complex is that if I'm not home, FEDEX and UPS packages are given to the leasing office.

02-23-10, 15:35
3-4 days, I never received a confirmation or shipping/tracking number either.

Not even an email after you placed the order? Or are you talking about just a shipped email?

chadbag
02-23-10, 15:40
Got mine yesterday. So far so good. Ordered some women's ones today for the wife. And a Navy one for me...

chadbag
02-23-10, 15:42
Not even an email after you placed the order? Or are you talking about just a shipped email?

My first order I did not get an order confirmation email like yahoo stores normally send. I did get a shipped notification with tracking number.

Second order I did get an order placed confirmation. Too soon for it to have shipped.

sparkman
02-23-10, 15:55
How long was the shipping? I ordered on Friday, and haven't recieved a tracking yet.

Thanks
-Carlo

Ordered my second pair on the 19th, UPS JUST dropped off ten minutes ago.
got a confirming email on 22nd..

GreyOps
02-24-10, 08:20

Correct, no confirmation email after placing the order.

NinjaTactics
02-24-10, 09:27
The free shipping and 50% off pants coupon is still active as of today. I just placed my second order and can confirm this.

As far as the guys wondering on turnaround time, my first order was placed Feb 17 and arrived Feb 23 via the included/free UPS shipping.

EDIT:

Correct, no confirmation email after placing the order.I DID get an order confirmation immediately upon ordering, both times. You guys may want to check your junk mail if you don't see it in your Inbox.

C45P312
02-24-10, 10:28

Thanks
-Carlo
Just got mine!

Orderd 19th, arrived 24th

jsebens
02-24-10, 11:42
Actually, both times I've ordered from them, I got the tracking number a day after I got the pants.

OldGreg
02-24-10, 12:14
Actually, both times I've ordered from them, I got the tracking number a day after I got the pants.

Mine arrived the same day i was emailed the tracking number. Someone wasn't joking earlier when they said that the pants are pet hair magnets. Holy cow, i'm gonna need to invest in some more sticky rollers. I really like the pants, but i find them to be more snug in the waist compared to my normal Levi size jeans. I think i'm going to do an exchange.

Ps- Thank Boss Hogg for posting the deal. Much appreciated. :cool:

ST911
02-24-10, 12:18
Ordered: 2/17
Shipping notification w/ tracking number: 2/23
Received: 2/23

So far, so good. I have some preliminary opinions, some good, some TBD, I'll post when I have a few days on a pair. I'm only going to prep one pair for now.

GreyOps
02-24-10, 13:52
Yep, have the same problem with the pet hair.....a white german shepard is definitely not the way to go...

nickdrak
02-24-10, 13:59
I just received an email from VERTX about their facebook 50% of promo. It said there is only "3 days left", but then in the body of the email it said "(offer ends at midnight Friday March 15th 2010)" which is obviously more than 3 days away???

ToddG
02-24-10, 13:59
Vertx makes great pants, but I wouldn't buy a calendar from them.

02-24-10, 14:12
I just received an email from VERTX about their facebook 50% of promo. It said there is only "3 days left", but then in the body of the email it said "(offer ends at midnight Friday March 15th 2010)" which is obviously more than 3 days away???

Yeah same here. I'm sure they meant free shipping + 50% off is good for 3 days. 50% only is good til the 15th of March.

spamsammich
02-25-10, 11:59
Best 90 bucks I've spent on clothing in a long while.

25Chuck
02-25-10, 12:47
Thanks for the link, I ordered a pair of desert pants and a T-shirt. I too got a confirmation email right away.

chadbag
02-25-10, 14:12
Been wearing the ones I bought for a few days now. Very sturdy and comfortable. Wife wanted some as well.

Hope all of you who are taking advantage of this (and are on FB) have become fans of them ;)

Buckaroo
02-25-10, 17:20
Had to send mine back and get a size larger. (waist)

I liked what I saw though.

Buckaroo

Patrick Aherne
02-25-10, 17:54
I have one pair; just ordered 2 more to replace my 5.11's and tru-spec 24-7s.

Iraq Ninja
02-25-10, 21:52
Anyone get the multicam version? How does it compare to the normal version (MC version doesn't have the stretch fabric)?

I am still waiting for my order to arrive. Big Army can be slow over here at times.

Impact
02-25-10, 22:21
I have the MC, they are 100% cotton and lighter, they will shrink more than the solid colors.
I would have preferred them to be made of the same fabric than the solid colors ones. I actually prefere the solid colors to the MC ones.

I would get a pair of SKD gen 2 pants instead of the Vertex pants next time I need camo pants.

PlatoCATM
02-25-10, 22:58
I ordered my standard size and they shrunk a bit after washing once, so I ordered one size up. These larger pants now fit well carrying IWB after one washing. I will be ordering another pair before the sale closes. I don't think I would order these at full price, but at half price they can't be beat.

JonnyVain
02-25-10, 23:01
Mine arrived the same day i was emailed the tracking number. Someone wasn't joking earlier when they said that the pants are pet hair magnets. Holy cow, i'm gonna need to invest in some more sticky rollers. I really like the pants, but i find them to be more snug in the waist compared to my normal Levi size jeans. I think i'm going to do an exchange.

Ps- Thank Boss Hogg for posting the deal. Much appreciated. :cool:

Yeah I found the same thing to be true. I normally wear 32, 31 in some dress pants. But the Vertx 32s were a bit snug.

chadbag
02-25-10, 23:03
I have the MC, they are 100% cotton and lighter, they will shrink more than the solid colors.
I would have preferred them to be made of the same fabric than the solid colors ones. I actually prefere the solid colors to the MC ones.

I would get a pair of SKD gen 2 pants instead of the Vertex pants next time I need camo pants.

My VERTX MC pants that came this week are NOT 100% cotton. The solids are 98% Cotton and 2% Lycra. The MC are 50% cotton and 50% nylon. The MC are a lighter weight fabric than the solids.

Impact
02-25-10, 23:14
My VERTX MC pants that came this week are NOT 100% cotton. The solids are 98% Cotton and 2% Lycra. The MC are 50% cotton and 50% nylon. The MC are a lighter weight fabric than the solids.

I stand corrected. 50/50 NYCO. I feel the lycra makes for more comfy pants though.

Andy0331
02-26-10, 03:47
Shipping was pretty quick; 9 days to APO. The desert tan is a much nicer color than the photos show.

C45P312
02-26-10, 06:34
BLAH, just ordered 2 more pairs. Now I need the price to go back up to $60 so I don't buy it in every color lol

rob_s
02-26-10, 10:19
I tried mine on this morning after washing them yesterday. Seem to fit pretty much the same way as my jeans and khakis. I went ahead and ordered the lighter khaki pair as well while the 50% thing is still in effect.

I REALLY need to go through my collection of tactical ninja pants from BDUs to 5.11s (some back from when they were still with RR), Woolrich Elite, Eotac, Propper and now this, and pare down the mess.

Rated21R
02-26-10, 11:47
just picked up 2 pair of the desert. this site is going to be the death of me (via my wife killing me for buying toys :D)

02-26-10, 18:00
Ordered my third pair this morning in OD. Low and behold my first order arrived via UPS. The invoice said it shipped the same day I ordered it. I got the Khaki and DT. Please order a size up if you're going to conceal IWB. My pair is just right for a holster to squeeze in.

Two things...
1. I wish they were a bit less baggy.
2. I wish there were flaps in the ass pockets.

It was hard to capture the shade of the pants but khaki isn't that light like the product picture showed. It's obviously lighter than the DT but it's not bad at all.
The DT is more "brown"...

http://i47.tinypic.com/2rqd0dd.jpg

GLOCKMASTER
02-26-10, 19:19
I ordered four pairs of Vertx pants this morning. Hopefully they will be delivered early next week.;)

Impact
02-26-10, 20:58
pic of the Desert Tan in the Mojave. Color is dead on.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/MojaveRat/MyShit/MiscJan201005rt8Medium.jpg

oef24
02-26-10, 21:17
I purchased 2 of these pants and loved them so much, I ordered 3 more. Awesome pair of pants and for that price, you can't go wrong.

militarymoron
02-26-10, 22:52

WTF? i don't see anything - just a torso floating in the air.
:p

Rated21R
02-27-10, 09:16

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/MojaveRat/MyShit/MiscJan201005rt8Medium.jpg

sorry for thread jack but is that a Larue?

Impact
02-27-10, 13:23
DPMS SASS with SF can

JonnyVain
03-02-10, 11:49
Mine seem to loosen up a bit with wear. I think maybe the elastic just needs broken in a bit.

Moose-Knuckle
03-02-10, 12:16
Well donkey balls, the coupon code has expired. Anyone have a new coupon code?

rob_s
03-02-10, 12:16
Well donkey balls, the coupon code has expired. Anyone have a new coupon code?

They are looking to hit 2500 facebook friends and then offer another discount. no idea if it will be 50% or not again. They are at 2,770 as of this writing, so 730 more friends to go.

Moose-Knuckle
03-02-10, 12:37
They are looking to hit 2500 facebook friends and then offer another discount. no idea if it will be 50% or not again. They are at 2,770 as of this writing, so 730 more friends to go.

Cool I'll go over there and send them a friend request... :cool:

03-02-10, 14:25
I finally threw my pants in the wash. They did shrink just a little. Mine still fit just fine although I wish they were less baggy. With that said, they are comfortable has hell.

sadmin
03-02-10, 14:27
I finally threw my pants in the wash. They did shrink just a little. Mine still fit just fine although I wish they were less baggy. With that said, they are comfortable has hell.

same here, slightly less baggy and I would probably wear them to work. Compared to the Craghoppers that were on sale, i bought a pair, they are great. The Craghoppers are disco pants.

Oscar 319
03-02-10, 14:59

They are at 1,822 fans. Join Facebook and add them, I need another pair of these pants!

Impact
03-02-10, 20:55
there is a 20% discount code floating around. saw it somewhere, check lf.net or arfcom.

mildot
03-02-10, 21:32
Hey troops how do these pants fit in the thigh area?
I have big thighs, and I'm wondering if they have lots of room?
Thanks

grinch
03-03-10, 01:49
Bummed.... got the first pair and really like them but now the coupon code has expired.

Iraq Ninja
03-03-10, 04:01
Hey troops how do these pants fit in the thigh area?
I have big thighs, and I'm wondering if they have lots of room?
Thanks

I got big thighs and they are loose. I ordered one size larger and they shrunk down very well.

These pants are so nice that you almost don't want to get them messed up on the range.

03-03-10, 05:53
mildot,
As Iraq Ninja said, there's PLENTY of thigh room on these pants. I think that's the only downside to the pants I can find right now. TOO much room IMO. If I can get the pants to shrink down just a bit more (except the waist) I'll be completely satisfied.

Were they worth $30 during the sale? Hell F yeah! Worth every penny and then some. Incidentally, I went to my local cop shop yesterday to buy a few things. They have the Vertx pants there for $45 each. Not bad.

mildot
03-03-10, 08:06
mildot,
As Iraq Ninja said, there's PLENTY of thigh room on these pants. I think that's the only downside to the pants I can find right now. TOO much room IMO. If I can get the pants to shrink down just a bit more (except the waist) I'll be completely satisfied.

Were they worth $30 during the sale? Hell F yeah! Worth every penny and then some. Incidentally, I went to my local cop shop yesterday to buy a few things. They have the Vertx pants there for $45 each. Not bad.

Thanks for the "heads up" I wanted to find out more about the fit before I ordered and sadly the coupon has expired :(

I guess the old saying is true "he who hesitates is lost"
I'll wait out for another sale and then, "go large" on the ordering.

rob_s
03-03-10, 08:18
I guess the old saying is true "he who hesitates is lost"
I'll wait out for another sale and then, "go large" on the ordering.

I initially hesitated too due to concerns about fit. It was another poster that mentioned getting them, washing them, and still being able to return them that made me jump. Once I got the first pair I washed them immediately and tried them on, and once I knew I was happy with the fit I ordered a second pair just under the wire.

JonnyVain
03-03-10, 11:19
I got big thighs and they are loose. I ordered one size larger and they shrunk down very well.

These pants are so nice that you almost don't want to get them messed up on the range.

Haha. Not to sound weird, but when you posted that picture of you on the camel, one of my first thoughts was 'dam that guy could probably walk around with the camel on HIS back.'

I gots da chicken legs :(. It runs in the family.

nickdrak
03-03-10, 13:39

Wellllll.... Looks like I pushed my luck one too many times! I received my 3rd order from VERTX today (Well, kinda!). This time I received an open/empty shipping bag that contained only the packing slip:eek: Obviously someone at UPS decided they needed my clothes more than I did:mad:

I called VERTX customer service and spoke to "Sarah", who took care of me. She resubmitted my order for the same items (no charge to me), and said it would ship out today, in a box this time! She also said they would handle the claim with UPS on the missing items.

Great clothing, and great customer service to back their products up with. What more could you ask for!:D

ST911
03-03-10, 14:45
I have several days of wear on my Vertx, around town, in the backcountry, and on the range.

I received mine, tried them on to verify fit, and then threw them in the wash. I washed them five times in heavy detergent and hot water, then line dried them. No fade, shrinking, or anomalies noted. (I don’t use a dryer for most of my clothes, as even an inch lost from a garment can be a big deal for a knuckle dragger.)

The fit of these pants is the best I’ve found yet in a tactical pant. I like that they’re on the small end of the size range in the waist. They’re comfortable in the crotch and seat without excess material, bulk, or slop. There’s a diamond gusset in the crotch. The thighs are a comfortable and have a relaxed fit even with loaded pockets. The length feels long for the listed inseam, but I like that. They pack small, have little bulk, and wear light.

I like the 3/4” belt loops. The easily fit within the slots on some of my kydex holsters and pouches, unlike the 1” loops of some others. The loops are well laid out.

I like the concept of the utility notch, but not the execution. As currently sewn, it cants a pocket-clipped knife into the pocket at an angle. If you carry a pocket gun or other accessory, the two may conflict depending on size of each. Immediately below the utility notch is about 1-2” of space that stops at about the top seam of the thigh cargo pocket. The seams don’t join though. I’d like that space below the notch to run the full depth of the front pocket.

The front pockets are of a decent material likely to be fairly resistant to wear from accessories carried within. The left and right are approximately the same size, but they have a slightly different shape. Unknown if that’s an anomaly of production or a norm. The bottoms of the pockets are rounded. I prefer square bottoms to help position gear and accessories better. Pocket depth is good. Pocket bottoms are single stitched, though. I will have my tailor reinforce mine.

The rear pockets are open and carry a variety of sizes of wallets. The credential trap impresses me as more gimmick than useful feature. It appears to work best with a certain size of wallet, and what that size is has eluded me. Even if not useful, it does no harm and can be disregarded.

The thigh cargo pockets are nicely done. I like their discreet appearance. The internal phone/magazine pocket is a decent size. It is single stitched, though, and my tailor will reinforce these too.

I like the articulated knee batter than I thought I would. It truly does help keep the cuffs of your pants from riding up, a big help to ankle-carriers.

Overall build quality is excellent. Double stitched throughout, except where noted. Double stitching is inconspicuous. Seams are bar tacked at stress points.

The khaki color is light, and much lighter than competitors. It’s too light for my taste. The desert tan is a nice color, and blends well in the outdoors. Wearing the pants among folks who notice things, they likened the desert tan to a lighter Carhartt or work pant.
I’m curious to see if the desert tan will eventually fade to a happy medium between khaki and desert tan.

I like the lack of velcro on these pants. Velcro is always the first to wear and can render pockets insecure and/or useless until repaired. The Vertx will not suffer from that due to their use of flaps.

I wouldn’t mind seeing another Vertx variation that includes a set of pockets sewn at the bottom of the legs.

Brown/khaki/tan cargo pants are as common as blue jeans. While standing in line at Denver Intl Airport last month, I counted about 60 people in line with me. About a third of them were wearing some sort of brown/khaki/tan cargo pant. The big tells in the “tactical” pants are the slash pockets on the rear, the strap across the top (5.11), and mag pockets on the front. The Vertx have none of these and blend nicely with others available on the market. While the general public may not be able to pick out the more traditional tactical pant from others, some may have a need to dodge LE or security personnel who can. The Vertx is a great option.

I found Vertx pants at a local LE supply store. Other uniform and clothing stores that carry Fechheimer lines can get them too. Retail on the Vertx at my store was $49.95. The good-guy price is better. Dealer cost is excellent.

Even with the druthers identified, I like these pants very much. Recommended.

jhurt
03-03-10, 17:01
I can also attest to their customer service. They replaced (at no cost to me) a pair that was too small after washing. Also recommended.

Buckaroo
03-03-10, 17:12
I like mine a lot but the run small. I had to return mine for the next larger waist size.

Very comfortable!!! Good pockets and lots of them.

Buckaroo

Dragk913
03-03-10, 21:36
For you guys who missed out, Vertx said (on Facebook) that they should be releasing another promotion next week. They didn't say what exactly it was, only that it'd be good.

mildot
03-03-10, 21:39
Bang On! I won't be sitting this one out.

westcoastfrog
03-03-10, 23:33
hope it's as good of a deal! i missed out on this last one.

Iraq Ninja
03-04-10, 00:34
Well, while we are waiting for the next sale, we can contemplate the Kitanica pants. Uber tac/fashion pants that only come in black and cost a mere 160 bucks.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/products/kitanicas-pnt-xa-tactical-pants/?hp=products_title

http://www.kitanica.net/i/pnt_xa_schematic.jpg

Moose-Knuckle
03-04-10, 07:50
Well, while we are waiting for the next sale, we can contemplate the Kitanica pants. Uber tac/fashion pants that only come in black and cost a mere 160 bucks.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/products/kitanicas-pnt-xa-tactical-pants/?hp=products_title

http://www.kitanica.net/i/pnt_xa_schematic.jpg

Whoa for that price they are in the Dropzone BDU range, I wonder if they are as bomb proof? But the Dropzone's do come in Multicam, CADPAT, and various solid colors as well. I will need more than just Ninja black even though black BDU pants are my department's issued uniform.

jhurt
03-04-10, 08:03
$160 is kid stuff these days. Crye Precision combat pants: $179 (knee pads shown are sold seperately for $38. thats a $217 pair of pants!!!!!)

http://www.cryeprecision.com/P-APRCP40232R/Combat-Pants-Ac

I like my Eotac pants and I can still afford to pay my mortgage after buying a pair!

d90king
03-04-10, 08:13
$160 is kid stuff these days. Crye Precision combat pants: $179 (knee pads shown are sold seperately for $38. thats a $217 pair of pants!!!!!)

http://www.cryeprecision.com/P-APRCP40232R/Combat-Pants-Ac

I like my Eotac pants and I can still afford to pay my mortgage after buying a pair!

I do like the integral pads though...

Hat Creek
03-04-10, 08:37
The fit of these pants is the best I’ve found yet in a tactical pant.

Wow...very comfy!

They’re comfortable in the crotch and seat without excess material, bulk, or slop. There’s a diamond gusset in the crotch.

To borrow a theme from another vendor...no cheap hotel syndrome here.

I like the 3/4” belt loops. The easily fit within the slots on some of my kydex holsters and pouches, unlike the 1” loops of some others. The loops are well laid out.

The tunnel under the belt loops (flex cuff storage?) is a nice touch. I'd have liked to see the original design criteria for these features. That'd be a fascinating story by itself.

The thigh cargo pockets are nicely done. I like their discreet appearance. The internal phone/magazine pocket is a decent size. It is single stitched, though, and my tailor will reinforce these too.

My current issue cell phone fits loosely, but it appears ideal for a Blackberry type/keypad equipped phones. AR magazines fit nicely and remained undetected in casual office settings.

teamacacia
03-04-10, 17:15
Alright, help me out. I'm a bit on the slim side (usually 30x32) but get most of my jeans at 32x32 for daily IWB carry. Is the consensus to stay at normal (32x32) or upsize with the vertx pants?

rob_s
03-04-10, 17:55
Alright, help me out. I'm a bit on the slim side (usually 30x32) but get most of my jeans at 32x32 for daily IWB carry. Is the consensus to stay at normal (32x32) or upsize with the vertx pants?

I would buy your normal size. By all accounts Vertx has been very good about exchanging pants that don't fit, even after a washing.

El Mac
03-04-10, 18:13
One of the federales who played a major role in getting these designed is a close friend of mine. Arcteryx gave me a pair at the SHOT Show and they are really excellent range/tac pants. They've run true to size for everyone I know who has some.

In the "be like Mike" category, there are already two high-level federal full time tac teams that have dumped their 5.11s for these. The Vertx pants are going to be the next Royal Robbins, for good & bad.

Now there is a good reason to run, run away, run far away from them...

teamacacia
03-04-10, 20:42
I would buy your normal size. By all accounts Vertx has been very good about exchanging pants that don't fit, even after a washing.

Sounds good. I did a little searching and found a vendor here in the city. I may try to make it over there tomorrow or this weekend and see if I can find a pair.

-Todd

teamacacia
03-05-10, 15:20
Found Vertx pants here in OKC (spec ops uniforms off Portland Ave for the Okies here). Compared to my jeans, these pants 1-2 inches small in the waist. Only problem for me is that if I up'd the waist circumference the bagginess of the legs was WAY out of control. I still may try a pair or two of my normal size when they run the next promo. On a side note, how much do these pants soften up after a few washings? They seemed fairly stiff at the store.

Rated21R
03-05-10, 19:01
mine just came in the mail today. can't wait to check them out.

spankaveli
03-05-10, 20:10
I got mine today. They fit exceptionally well, especially in the thigh area where most pants give me trouble (or vice versa). Lots of good movement in the legs. Only complaint is that it appears they mightn't conceal my pocket 642 as well but I can find a work around for that.

I'm hoping they come out with the shorts soon so I can order some of those for the summer.

Looks like they have a new promo for reaching 2500 fans on Facebook

2,500 Fans! Congrats. Your new Facebook promotion, save $40 with purchase of $99 or more. Offer valid on ALL items at www.vertxtactical.com. Use promo code: facefan40 from now until 3/31.

Moose-Knuckle
03-05-10, 21:03
I got mine today. They fit exceptionally well, especially in the thigh area where most pants give me trouble (or vice versa). Lots of good movement in the legs. Only complaint is that it appears they mightn't conceal my pocket 642 as well but I can find a work around for that.

I'm hoping they come out with the shorts soon so I can order some of those for the summer.

Looks like they have a new promo for reaching 2500 fans on Facebook

Sweet! That's what I've been waiting for, placing my order now.

RogerinTPA
03-05-10, 21:34
the facefan200 code has expired.:(

spankaveli
03-05-10, 21:34
the facefan200 code has expired.:(

save $40 with purchase of $99 or more. Offer valid on ALL items at www.vertxtactical.com. Use promo code: facefan40 from now until 3/31.

RogerinTPA
03-05-10, 22:55
Cool brother. Thanks for the code!:cool: To bad the 50% off code is gone.

save $40 with purchase of $99 or more. Offer valid on ALL items at www.vertxtactical.com. Use promo code: facefan40 from now until 3/31.

03-06-10, 00:05
I got the opportunity to "test" out my pair of pants tonight snow tubing here in Colorado. I'm on vacation. They survived running, stretching, and abuse from getting in and out of the tube.
No rips or tears to report. They are good to go on tactical snow tubing. :D:p

m98evolution
03-06-10, 13:18
I live outside of Ohio and was charged tax on my order from Vertx. I contacted Vertx and still no word. Anyone else have this happen?

Moose-Knuckle
03-06-10, 13:29
I live outside of Ohio and was charged tax on my order from Vertx. I contacted Vertx and still no word. Anyone else have this happen?

Yeah I was wondering that myself, I'm in Texas and still got hit with the sales tax...:confused:

jhurt
03-06-10, 14:58
I paid tax too, in Ill-annoy. It was only $2.77 and since they replaced the pair at no cost after they were washed I'm not going to worry about it. If you are looking to contact someone here is an email address for Julie Honerlaw in customer service. She got back to me the same day.

Julie Honerlaw

jhonerlaw@fechheimer.com

Impact
03-06-10, 22:36
asked the question b/c I got charged CA sales taxes and here is Julie's answer

"We do have businesses in California and employees that conduct business in California as well, therefore we are required to charge tax.

Have a great weekend-

Julie"

m98evolution
03-06-10, 23:17
That's interesting because I live outside of Ohio and was charged the tax rate for Ohio and not for the state in which I live.

chadbag
03-06-10, 23:24
That's interesting because I live outside of Ohio and was charged the tax rate for Ohio and not for the state in which I live.

That happened to me to.

m98evolution
03-08-10, 12:04
Ordered mine on Feb 24th and sent an email last week to check status but still no word if it has been shipped or not...

03-08-10, 13:11
Ordered mine on Feb 24th and sent an email last week to check status but still no word if it has been shipped or not...

Yeah, you should have received it already. All my orders shipped out withing a day or two of ordering. They are sent via UPS Ground. Should take no more than 5 days tops not including the day they ship.

m98evolution
03-08-10, 16:50
Just got the email confirmation. I placed the order Feb 24, it shipped out Mar 5 and should be here Mar 11. Oh well, maybe the pants were backordered.

sparrow
03-08-10, 23:08
Great pants, they fit great around the waist. I am 5'8" 170lbs and I got three pairs of the 32" x32" . The waits is a tad loose but perfect with an IWB holster, the legs will need to be taken in as they are too long. I love all the features especially the fact that the knee does not bind. I am making it my personal mission to get all my fellow Instructors on board with these in the green instead of the 5.11 TDU blues we are currently issued.

ST911
03-08-10, 23:15
I'd like to see a stonewashed blue jean in this fit and design.

PlatoCATM
03-08-10, 23:24
I'd like to see a stonewashed blue jean in this fit and design.

This, but without the cargo pockets. I finally tried wearing jeans while carrying IWB after wearing nothing but vertx pants for about 2 weeks, and I can't stand the non-gusset, low-rise crotch of regular jeans.

I never in my life thought I would wear khakis so often.

rob_s
03-09-10, 04:39
I agree, if they're going to make a jean it should be without the cargo pockets.

IMHO the other "tactical pant" companies attempts look like mom jeans.

ST911
03-09-10, 13:02
I agree, if they're going to make a jean it should be without the cargo pockets.

Okay... How about a model with, and a model without?

IMHO the other "tactical pant" companies attempts look like mom jeans.

"Mom jeans" is correct, though my wife thought one tacti-jean I ordered looked like a pair of her maternity pants.

rob_s
03-09-10, 13:11
Okay... How about a model with, and a model without?

Yes. I just don't know how they'd do the pocket on jeans and make it as low-profile as the khakis. Denim seams tend to stand out a lot more, and even once the khakis are noticed as being cargos that's still in the realm of "normal". Denim cargos... they might not scream "tactical" but they're sure to scream "dork". :p

JimT
03-09-10, 13:48
^^^^^^^^^

Vertx jorts.

ST911
03-09-10, 16:43
they might not scream "tactical" but they're sure to scream "dork". :p

A "Tacti-Dork"?

Dibs on the (c) and (tm). :D

Tom Swift
10-27-10, 15:45
Anyone have the promo code for the free hoodie w/$99 + Purchase? I can't fill out the survey as I am a Canadian :(

Turnkey11
10-28-10, 00:43
My only complaint is they are a little tight around the nuts, and the 5 lbs of keys dangling off my batman belt have turned the left pocket area a pink color (pants are navy blue.)

Arclight
10-30-10, 16:23
Anyone have the promo code for the free hoodie w/$99 + Purchase? I can't fill out the survey as I am a Canadian :(

Tom: OCTHOOD

Geoffrey
11-29-10, 00:24
Does anyone here have the code for the Vertx cyber Monday deal?

What is the offer?

Thanks.

The_Biased_Observer
11-29-10, 00:55
cybmon2010

20% and free shipping

anchor
11-30-10, 15:26
just bought some hope there worth it!!!!!!!!!! i bought some true spec tacs. they fit great made tough imho.

anchor
12-02-10, 05:15
i just bought a pair do not like them still like my 5.11 and true-spec. 24/7 great ware and comfy!!!!!!!!!!!