PDA

View Full Version : TX - Security guard kills robber.

Irish
02-12-10, 11:12
http://www.click2houston.com/news/22541862/detail.html

HOUSTON -- A security guard shot and killed a man during what investigators say was an attempted robbery at a northwest Houston game room, KPRC Local 2 reported.

Houston police said the man was armed with an assault rifle when he held up the manager of the Fun N' Gift game room on West Little York Road and Chateau Forest at about 10:30 p.m. Thursday.

Investigators said a security guard shot the man as he tried to rob the front office of the game room.

It was unknown if the suspect had an accomplice.

Authorities said the security guard is a commissioned officer.

The deceased man's name has not been released.

Artos
02-12-10, 11:21
That is how we observe and report here in TX...;)

700M1
02-12-10, 14:19
The Seattle security guards should take note (after watching the recent incident where they do nothing to prevent the assault and robbery of that victim).

Kentucky Cop
02-12-10, 14:54
Outstanding work. Washington needs to hire him for the train tunnels!

Ky Cop

Buckaroo
02-12-10, 15:11
I don't believe it!

The BG had an assault rifle so he would have been unstoppable according to what I hear from the Anti-gun "experts."

I wonder if he missed that memo? :p

Buckaroo

sadmin
02-12-10, 16:23
I don't believe it!

The BG had an assault rifle so he would have been unstoppable according to what I hear from the Anti-gun "experts."

I wonder if he missed that memo? :p

Buckaroo

it was a Model 1 Sales

SeriousStudent
02-12-10, 17:10
it was a Model 1 Sales

BWHahahaha!!!!!!

Well played! :D

LA Sig
02-12-10, 18:50
The Seattle security guards should take note (after watching the recent incident where they do nothing to prevent the assault and robbery of that victim).

Take notice that the Seattle guards were not armed. The guard in this post was a "commissioned" officer which I take to mean LEO. There is a huge difference in the 2 circumstances as well as what was legal expected.

Don't get me wrong, if I was one of the Seattle guards, morally, I would have had to react differently. I would not care about my crappy job as a bus station guard at that point. Most of us look at life a little different than those 3 SOB's do. Some people collect a pay check and some take their moral responsibilities a little more seriously. Believe it or not, even at nuclear plants, you will find guards that are there to collect a paycheck and state such. POS's!

Pilopino67
02-12-10, 21:32
Take notice that the Seattle guards were not armed. The guard in this post was a "commissioned" officer which I take to mean LEO. There is a huge difference in the 2 circumstances as well as what was legal expected.

Don't get me wrong, if I was one of the Seattle guards, morally, I would have had to react differently. I would not care about my crappy job as a bus station guard at that point. Most of us look at life a little different than those 3 SOB's do. Some people collect a pay check and some take their moral responsibilities a little more seriously. Believe it or not, even at nuclear plants, you will find guards that are there to collect a paycheck and state such. POS's!

FYI, a Commissioned Security Officer goes through a little bit more extra training on topics such as deadly force and TX firearms laws and is allowed to carry a firearm (generally a pistol) if authorized on duty...they don't have to have an LEO background.

This doesn't make them "elite" or anything...usually this allows a more diverse set of jobs (such as armored car crew, etc.) and perhaps a little more pay at the least...similar to your point of people just collecting paychecks.

jhs1969
02-12-10, 21:39
Another example of why I love Texas, why can't the rest of the nation be more like this?

tip2oo3
02-13-10, 13:40
Another example of why I love Texas, why can't the rest of the nation be more like this?

Ted Nugent for president!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCHtw6WbbnM

BAC
02-13-10, 18:30
FYI, a Commissioned Security Officer goes through a little bit more extra training on topics such as deadly force and TX firearms laws and is allowed to carry a firearm (generally a pistol) if authorized on duty...they don't have to have an LEO background.

This doesn't make them "elite" or anything...usually this allows a more diverse set of jobs (such as armored car crew, etc.) and perhaps a little more pay at the least...similar to your point of people just collecting paychecks.

We gots the same thing here in Florida (G license), frequently sought for all the same reasons.

Good on that security officer.

-B

Gentoo
02-13-10, 23:48
There are 3 kinds of security guards in TX:

1. Non-commissioned - unarmed, unable to carry.
2. Commissioned - armed, able to carry only in the specific performance of their duties (as in, while on the clock. carry while off duty, even driving to work, is forbidden)
3. Off duty commissioned peace officer- real honest to goodness cop working as a security guard while off duty.

Odds are extremely likely that this was an off duty cop working security.

Volucris
02-13-10, 23:59
What would ever bring someone to the idea of threatening the lives of others over material items of little value?

I dont get violent criminals at all most the time.

bkb0000
02-14-10, 00:06
What would ever bring someone to the idea of threatening the lives of others over material items of little value?

I do t get violent criminals at all most the time.

i'd just be terrified of people shooting me.. i wonder how they can possibly think they can just waltz in somewhere with a gun and demand money, and not get the shit shot out of them...

and then i remember that less than 3% of americans carry firearms, and not necessarily all the time.

Volucris
02-14-10, 00:23
Seroiusly if you want to rob a place its best to use a cellphone with a hostage the other end that will die unless you get what you want. Even then one peep from a witness will send an onslought of police after you that only human error, luck, and mastermind thinking will escape. And we don't have many of them because most of them are likely businessmen or politicians. :p

Basically if you're going to rob a place it better be worth any consequence and you had better not be armed or doing it when witnesses are around or would even suspect you. LOL, basically don't rob places.

Good job on the security officer's part. When someone is stupid enough to do armed robbery over petty crap you never know what they're going to do.