PDA

View Full Version : North Metro Area

Outlander Systems
02-12-10, 18:01
Roll call: anybody from the Northside, OTP?

tinman44
02-13-10, 22:29
well i'm on the southside but will travel to shoot with members of our group. i get up to creekside on occasion, even trekked to tn for a shoot.

Outlander Systems
02-14-10, 09:13
Awesome. Creekside is my usual haunt. Word on the street is that Joe has done some serious improvements to the site.

MadcapMagician
02-21-10, 18:43
I'm up in Gainesville. I'm a member at Pickens County Sportsmans Club, but shoot at Creekside and River Bend as well for various discipline (Action Rifle, 3 Gun, IDPA, USPSA, etc).

JHC
02-21-10, 21:07
Live in Forsyth Co. Shoot weekly at River Bend. :D

Outlander Systems
02-22-10, 08:14
<----Cobb County

Good to see there's some folks in the area.

ra2bach
02-22-10, 09:49
Alpharetta area...

Whytep38
02-23-10, 18:24
Southside ... a tad ... as in, Macon. Would love to join up with some M4C members and go shooting sometime.

hamster-in-a-wheel
02-23-10, 18:36
I'm in Gainesville too, Madcap.
I'm pretty much a noob trying to learn as much as I can.

Outlander Systems
02-24-10, 08:01
Would love to join up with some M4C members and go shooting sometime.

Same here, amigo.

Whytep38
02-26-10, 21:01
Same here, amigo.I just started a new job, where I'm working lots of extra hours to get up to speed, and I'm supposed to have a root canal done pretty soon (yee-haw). But starting in late March I should have some free time. Is there some place around the ATL area where folks go?

Outlander Systems
02-27-10, 21:06
To shoot, or quaff beer by the gallon!?

;)

rljatl
02-27-10, 23:22
I am in Dunwoody and shoot at River Bend G.C.

Whytep38
02-28-10, 14:04
To shoot, or quaff beer by the gallon!?

;)Yes ... in that order. :D

Anyone else interested?

If you want, PM me with your e-mail addresses, and we'll see how our schedules compare. I have a new 6520 I'm wanting to test.

cannarella
03-02-10, 12:16
East Gwinnett in Loganville here.

00bullitt
03-04-10, 21:15
I'm over in Douglasville. I shoot at clubs all over the state. Love competition and die hard training.

gt5966b
03-06-10, 07:34
Fulton County - Midtown Atlanta

PT Doc
03-06-10, 07:41
Hoschton/Flowery Branch

nichud09
03-06-10, 16:40
Decatur..well, avondale estates. usually go shooting at charlie elliot. its free, and in the mornings during the week around 10am no one is ever really there. so you have this whole 100yd/50yd outdoor range to yourself. its great.

ra2bach
03-07-10, 23:08
Decatur..well, avondale estates. usually go shooting at charlie elliot. its free, and in the mornings during the week around 10am no one is ever really there. so you have this whole 100yd/50yd outdoor range to yourself. its great.

what is charlie elliot???

Outlander Systems
03-08-10, 07:15
what is charlie elliot???

http://www.georgiawildlife.com/node/694

tinman44
03-20-10, 12:35
i live in south atlanta and work in south macon :D so meh either way i'm down, need to start putting stuff on the calendar and go from there.

citadelshooter
03-20-10, 20:12
South Atlanta. Shoot all over, Griffin Gun Club, South River. Always up for some good shooting. Have been shooting less lately due to our new son being born last July.

ggr12
03-21-10, 05:15
holler.

Quiet-Matt
03-28-10, 15:09
I'm in NorthWest Georgia, just below Chattanooga.

A-Bear680
04-06-10, 20:18
Awesome. Creekside is my usual haunt. Word on the street is that Joe has done some serious improvements to the site.

There has been some improvement work going on.
It was looking very good a couple weeks ago.

Ga45fan
04-18-10, 17:16
I'm in Forsyth as well. I'm currently shooting at Bullseye but there's no shooting from a holster there and it's limited for anything bigger than a handgun. What are some of the better places north of 285?

I live up the 400 corridor so anything up that way would be great.

karmapolice
04-18-10, 20:14
north side here, I'm up in cobb.

Outlander Systems
04-18-10, 20:25
!!!!!!!!!!!

A Cobb County Man!

karmapolice
05-05-10, 19:11
Yes, we need to get something going. I know there has to be be some like minded individuals with good heads on their shoulders that want to get out and throw some lead.

ggr12
05-05-10, 19:19

NMBigfoot02
05-31-10, 10:01
Duluth area, soon to be Flowery Branch.

An Undocumented Worker
06-05-10, 21:58
Roswell/Marietta area. Usually shoot up at Chestnut mountain WMA range.

hank2165
06-24-10, 19:44
I'm in Powder Springs. I'd like to get together and shoot/train with someone in the area. I have really no idea where to shoot locally.

tinman44
07-27-10, 21:26
so just to bump this up i wanted to let you guys know i'm now in macon and can go shooting almost any day. also i have had trouble finding a suitable range in the central region.

NMBigfoot02
07-28-10, 07:45
Anyone know of any ranges in the Hall Co. area? I'm having trouble finding a public one other than Bullseye in Lawrenceville.

Shane1
07-30-10, 11:47
NM,

What about Cherokee Gun CLub in Gainesville?

NMBigfoot02
07-30-10, 15:39
I've read about that one, but I was under the impression it was private except for matches.

PT Doc
07-30-10, 16:08
I've read about that one, but I was under the impression it was private except for matches.

Correct. Membership is capped at 600 and you need two current members to sponsor your application. Once you get on the list, it's about a two year wait depending on member turnover.

There is a new indoor range called Trigger Time opening up in Hoschton/Flowery Branch soon. It's next to Papa Jack's where Spout Springs and Thompson Mill intersect. If you're new to the area, that is a few miles past Flowery Branch High School.

NMBigfoot02
07-31-10, 01:44
Any idea when Trigger Time is opening? It sounds like it's just up the street, which would be unbelievably awesome.

mtdawg169
08-15-10, 21:08
Checking in from the Southside, McDonough to be exact. Lets get an M4C shoot together!

nichud09
08-31-10, 10:27
if you guys are near mansfield, ga. ive mentioned this before, wma clybel range aka charlie elliot wildlife center has a decent outdoor range, never crowded in the mornings during the week, saturdays get a little busy. its 10 miles off exit 98 I-20East roughly 30-40 miles from the city. takes me about 45 min to get, and im in decatur.
im trying to get out there twice a week,usually tues. thurs. set a few sillouette targets up and blast away some drills. the dnr guys there are super friendly and all they ask is that you sign-in, and pick up your spent casings & dont act a fool, other than that your pretty much free to shoot however you may shoot. :D. no autos, or suppressors, or anything over .50cal. no fees, no memberships. 100yrd, 50/25 yrd range.

10am-6pm mon-thrus
closed sundays

cannarella
08-31-10, 11:00
if you guys are near mansfield, ga. ive mentioned this before, wma clybel range aka charlie elliot wildlife center has a decent outdoor range, never crowded in the mornings during the week, saturdays get a little busy. its 10 miles off exit 98 I-20East roughly 30-40 miles from the city. takes me about 45 min to get, and im in decatur.
im trying to get out there twice a week,usually tues. thurs. set a few sillouette targets up and blast away some drills. the dnr guys there are super friendly and all they ask is that you sign-in, and pick up your spent casings & dont act a fool, other than that your pretty much free to shoot however you may shoot. :D. no autos, or suppressors, or anything over .50cal. no fees, no memberships. 100yrd, 50/25 yrd range.

10am-6pm mon-thrus
closed sundays

It was really nice when the DNR wasn't there years ago. No too bad now though. I haven't been since I broke my ankle. Plenty of space and everyone does a good job of self regulation on when the line is hot and cold. May have to head out one Friday morning once it starts cooling off a little more. It is really the only 100yd place around that is close and free.

nichud09
08-31-10, 16:11
ahh yes i remember those days you are referring too when the dnr wasnt there. some of the best shooting, there were days when nobody was there at all. me and my buddies would run our own little carbine course. im pretty sure there was an incident there which forced the range to be supervised. sux. still at 10am every morning its great, no one there really.

mtdawg169
09-08-10, 01:10

10am-6pm mon-thrus
closed sundays

I've been getting out to Charlie Elliot pretty often lately, at least every 2-3 weeks. There was a guy there recently with a suppressed bolt action Rem 700. I think they have eased up on the NFA stuff, at least suppressors and SBRs. I would love to meet you out there to shoot some silhouettes on a weekday, weekends have been insane out there lately.

NMBigfoot02
09-27-10, 20:30
So Trigger Time (new range in Braselton) opened this month. I've been there a couple times already. Decent place, but it has some quirks. Here are fees for those interested.

Individual shooters are $12.50, multiple shooters on same lane are $12.50 for the first and $7.50 for each additional w/ 4 per lane maximum. Mil/LEO/EMT discount is 10%. They have other discounts like ladies night and the like as well.

Overall, I like the place, but the one gripe I have is that they won't let you shoot closer than 7yds. Also no rapid fire allowed. :rolleyes:

Black Jeep
09-27-10, 20:45
Checking in from up Habersham way. I mostly use Wilson Shoals in Banks County or shoot on my buddy's land on account of them being free and all.

I wouldn't mind getting up with some folks and shooting sometime if you're ever in the area.

MitchK
11-21-10, 12:54
Just wanted to say Hi to the other GA guys. I'm new on the board. Currently in the Griffin area.

ASH556
12-06-10, 15:37
Hey, I'm new to this site, but have been on TOS for 7 or so years. In the name of disclosure, I do work at Bullseye in Lawrenceville so I may or may not be biased (probably not). I live in Braselton. Would love to get together and shoot. Would love even more to get some training together in NE GA. There used to be some going pretty regularly about 3-4 years ago it seemed like (guys like Lund and S-Dave) but haven't heard of any lately. Anything going down?

NMBigfoot02
12-06-10, 15:53
Hey, I'm new to this site, but have been on TOS for 7 or so years. In the name of disclosure, I do work at Bullseye in Lawrenceville so I may or may not be biased (probably not). I live in Braselton. Would love to get together and shoot. Would love even more to get some training together in NE GA. There used to be some going pretty regularly about 3-4 years ago it seemed like (guys like Lund and S-Dave) but haven't heard of any lately. Anything going down?

I know Tactical Response held some classes in Conyers either last year or the year before that. I think they will be in Cartersville in 2011. Other than that, it seems most of the closest training is in either VA or NC. It would be nice to start some in state training though.

Black Jeep
12-06-10, 16:02
Don't know about much training going on, but I'm game if you find something going on. I live up in Habersham, not too far from you. Lately I've only been able to shoot at Wilson Shoals. I'm new to the AR platform, so a chill, FNG friendly group would definitely be cool.

PT Doc
12-06-10, 16:51
VTAC is doing a Basic Pistol and a Basic Carbine in April and Carbine 1.5 in June of 2011 in Cusseta, GA (Columbus area).

MadcapMagician
12-06-10, 21:39
I'm up in the Hoschton area myself. I keep my membership at Pickens County Sportsman's Club just to have a good place to shoot even if its 2 hours away. If you're interested in shooting matches the metro area has a lot of good opportunities for all kinds of matches.

Keep an eye out on the South River Gun Club website for classes as Dave Harrington shows up once or twice a year along with others.

Hackathorn and Vickers also make an annual/semi annual trip down at various ranges as well. You've just got to keep an eye out as the spots fill fast.

VolGrad
12-07-10, 06:25
Hackathorn and Vickers also make an annual/semi annual trip down at various ranges as well. You've just got to keep an eye out as the spots fill fast.

.... really fast.

nichud09
12-12-10, 09:47
havent been home in 6 weeks, gotta love the 'road'. but i finally got out to WMA Clybel range this past week a couple times in the morning.
It was colder than a witches titty but nothing poly-pros cant handle :) there were hardly any people there. and i had the 100 yard all to my self :D. i am planning on heading out a couple more times again this week if anyone is interested, this truly is a worthy range IMO despite the drive. ill be there 10am-ish tomorrow. probly shoot for a few hours.

NMBigfoot02
12-18-10, 11:07
Is there any way we could organize a class to be conducted down here? Seems like instructors don't frequent our state very much. Not sure if its that we don't have the right facilities or what, but I'd love to take a class in my home state.

Ga Shooter
12-18-10, 11:45
I live in Savannah but if a good class gets scheduled I can make that trip a lot easier than trying to go to NC, VA, OH, CO etc..

Sam
12-19-10, 07:25
.... really fast.

Elitist group. :)

Roswell checking in.

Everyday3
12-19-10, 08:53
Alpharetta checking in!

Might be taking a CQB corse in march ill post up some info when I get a chance.

DacoRoman
01-16-11, 09:50
Howdy to all you guys, I just moved to Athens, GA and I'm looking for a relatively near by range where one can shoot from the holster, do rapid fire drills, etc. Any tips? It looks like the wma clybel range is around 1:16 min away by google maps, not too bad, but I'm wondering what else may be in my area.

Also I'm overdue for another tactical pistol and carbine class, so I'd love to go sometime this year to one of each. Any good classes coming to the Atlanta area anytime soon? What good training centers are within a 6 hour driving distance from the Atlanta area?

Thanks!

Sam
01-16-11, 10:50
Any good classes coming to the Atlanta area anytime soon? What good training centers are within a 6 hour driving distance from the Atlanta area?

Thanks!

Check ar15.com/hometown forum for GA and you'll find Atlanta folks announcing classes in the area.

The Rogers Shooting School in Ellijay is well known world wide for their excellent training program.

Sam
01-16-11, 10:51
double post.

DacoRoman
01-16-11, 22:56
Thanks Sam

cwgibson
03-03-11, 08:58
Coweta co here, I have heard of an outfit in Dallas GA that has classes anyone heard of it?

Shane1
03-03-11, 12:06
Do you have a name?

cwgibson
03-04-11, 20:29
No, I can't remember the name I was hoping someone had heard of it. I think I came across it on gon, but forgot to bookmark the page.

Bionic Dead
04-28-11, 09:01
North Forsythe checking in. I shoot on family land in Dawsonville. Would love to take a carbine class but dont really know where to look or know what kind of cost to expect.

Bluefin27
05-01-11, 21:28
I'm down in South Forsyth. I'm right there with ya, I'd like to take a carbine course also! I've been doing a little bit of research but can't find anything local.

Gizmo99
06-22-11, 16:42
Tiger McKee teachs at his range just this side of Scottsboro Alabama. Excellent instructor and about 3.5 hours from Atlanta. Scottsboro has decent hotels/motels and places to eat.

http://www.shootrite.org/courses/courses.html

norbis
09-03-11, 22:03
Alpharetta checking in. Im new to the area so am currently shooting at Sharpshooters USA in Roswell. Not a bad facility but there are alot of risk oriented rules there like no draws and holstering on the line. Open to any suggestions that may be closer or cheaper and will post anything I find as I get established.

CPtheWightKnight
09-21-11, 10:28
I live in peachtree city but am frequently in the alpharetta area.

Norbis. Bullseye Marksman Club is a range off of exit 13 on 400. Don't hold me to it, but i believe they allow drawing from a holster. They do have a website.

ml4x4
11-20-11, 08:47
Live in Newnan, work all over the state on a daily basis so I could shoot afternoons almost anywhere dependent on schedule.

Would like to find some like minded guys for somewhat regular shooting, training, take a class, etc.

Let me know if anyone is interested. Didn't know about Griffin Gun Club, but that certainly isn't too far from me.

Been going to the WMA range in West Point, South of LaGrange, no range supervision, usually decent people there.

Let me know if anyone is interested in getting together...

norbis
11-20-11, 12:59
I live in peachtree city but am frequently in the alpharetta area.

Norbis. Bullseye Marksman Club is a range off of exit 13 on 400. Don't hold me to it, but i believe they allow drawing from a holster. They do have a website.

Thanks, I will check it out. I am moving to Cumming (off Hwy 9 about 5 mi south of the Outlets). I will definitely be checking it out.

norbis
11-20-11, 13:09
Live in Newnan, work all over the state on a daily basis so I could shoot afternoons almost anywhere dependent on schedule.

Would like to find some like minded guys for somewhat regular shooting, training, take a class, etc.

Let me know if anyone is interested in getting together...

I would be interested. Let me know if you have anything going on up north and we will see if we can meet up.

ml4x4
11-22-11, 07:00
I'm going to place my Magpul MOE stock in FDE up for sale in the rest of the forum but thought I'd put it up here first if anyone has an interest.

Make me a reasonable offer if interested. They're $92 new on BCM. It's been used about 3 range trips, no dings scratches, etc. Like new in box.

HCL3
01-21-12, 20:30
Just checking in. I'm in Cobb County - Vinings. Would love to hear about any local training opportunities.

ml4x4
02-22-12, 06:54
Let me know if anyone is interested.
I have to clear out some misc crap laying around.

MontePR
02-25-12, 19:13
Gwinnet County here
Interested in local clases also.

millerlite
03-28-12, 09:33
Im in columbia co. i would also like info on local classes

gatorfan605
04-10-12, 09:37
West Ga. here right along I-20

vextech
07-24-12, 05:23
Alpharetta here!

Sent from Tapatalk HD

Nemo0302
08-15-12, 00:32
My name is Mike and I'm the owner of Archangel Tactical, out of Alpharetta. If you're interested in Tactical training...Carbine, Shotgun, Pistol, let me know. Thanks!

ra2bach
08-15-12, 08:44
My name is Mike and I'm the owner of Archangel Tactical, out of Alpharetta. If you're interested in Tactical training...Carbine, Shotgun, Pistol, let me know. Thanks!

Hi Mike. can you give us a little more information like your background, location you train, etc.??

vextech
08-15-12, 10:19
Hi Mike! Is this your website by any chance?

http://www.archangeltactical.com/aboutus.html

Nemo0302
09-03-12, 03:45
Gentlemen,
I apologize for taking so long to respond to your inquiries. Yes, our website is www.archangeltactical.com. The website is a work in progress and most of the content is related to our Women’s program Get a G.R.I.P™ Ladies. The tactical programs listed are due to be updated as well.
To answer your questions: (1) I conduct my classes at a few different locations, mostly at South River Gun Club and Pickens County Sportsman’s Club for the outdoor stuff and at Stoddard’s Range and Guns, in Douglasville, for my indoor clinics, but I will travel to almost anywhere to train. Recently I’ve been training mostly military, with a few individual private training lessons thrown in. Let me know what you’re interested in and we can make it happen. (2) My background…I was a Marine for 13 years. I was an Infantryman & Infantry Officer. I served in a variety of units, 3d Bn/2d Marines, 2d Force and 2d ANGLICO.
After leaving the Marines, I went to work for the government in various capacities: PSD, MTT, Counter-Narcotics, etc. All together I completed five tours in Iraq, Afghanistan and a few other places. I have multiple DOD, DOS and other agency instructor ratings.
I hope this answers your questions. If you have any other specific questions, please let me know.
My email is mike@archangeltactical.com. I look forward to meeting and training with you…Mike

yashax
10-31-12, 09:16
Thanks Tinman44!!!

Guys, I put together a public spreadsheet to get the group together.

If you are interested, just add your info to it. It is public and anyone can edit. I have already added my information.

Just visit the link below to get started.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoQQXv5Ze7GOdExyZzY0MXRUdDlDLThEdFJjOHQ0Rmc

Thanks,
Jake

yashax
11-02-12, 19:46
Guys, I wanted to ping everyone again to see if anyone interested in getting a group together in Atlanta.

I put together a public spreadsheet to get the group together.

If you are interested, just add your info to it. It is public and anyone can edit. I have already added my information.

Just visit the link below to get started.

Jake

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoQQXv5Ze7GOdExyZzY0MXRUdDlDLThEdFJjOHQ0Rmc#gid=0

yashax
11-03-12, 21:38
Guys, I updated the spreadsheet to include the "skill level". Since I am a novice I thought everyone would want to know each others skill level.

Also, some of you were not comfortable filling out the spreadsheet and sent me your information via PM. This is understandable, so please do not let privacy stop you from participating.

I really think it should be fun to get together for all the skill levels, as everyone has something to share and learn from each other.

Thanks,
Jake

vextech
11-03-12, 21:50
Excellent job with the spreadsheet. Thanks Jake!

Sent from my Nexus 7

yashax
11-07-12, 21:35
Guys, I need help! I managed to kill my selector spring. I was getting ready for the range this Friday and now I am hopeless. Does anyone know where I can buy it locally?

I feel like an idiot!

Thanks in advance!
Jake

ASH556
11-08-12, 06:15
Bulseye in Lawrenceville or 400 gun in dawsonville should have them.

vextech
11-08-12, 07:12
Bulseye in Lawrenceville or 400 gun in dawsonville should have them.

Bullseye in Cumming is also fairly good or you can also purchase a lower parts kit from Sharpshooters in Rosewell. I always have a spare LPK just for this reason. ;)