PDA

View Full Version : Having Watched The "We Are The World" Video...

SteyrAUG
02-12-10, 22:09
...as part of the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics. I know feel like Haiti owes me relief money. The absolutely worst caterwauling by a collection of washed up nobodies and no talent celebrities that I have been subjected to in a long time.

rickrock305
02-12-10, 22:29
caterwauling...damn, i had to look that one up. :D

i haven't seen the video, but I did hear the list of characters who were supposed to be singing on it and I have zero interest.

theblackknight
02-12-10, 23:26
Its Quincy Jones. He said this being the 25th anny of the 1st one was a sign by god to do part 2.

I say blame Canada

Iraq Ninja
02-13-10, 06:00
I didn't even know the Games were starting. I guess I need to turn on the TV more often, or maybe not. Not missing much I guess lol.

Outlander Systems
02-13-10, 06:28
"Nothing new under the sun".

I immediately though of the scene from Jarhead, about the comment that, "we don't even get our own music" whilst "Ride of the Valkyries" is blasting.

I think after the year 2000, nobody in media can come up with something new.

For God's sake, "Avatar" is nothing more than Ewoks: The Movie, with some clever copyright dodging.

Artos
02-13-10, 06:59
I didn't even know the Games were starting. I guess I need to turn on the TV more often, or maybe not. Not missing much I guess lol.

Be sure and tune in the suicide 50/50 run...already one death & bound to be like a one man nascar event according to the athletes:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/HomeMainStories/2010/02/12/12857591-qmi.html?cid=rsssports

sorry for the hijack aug...

Hoss356
02-13-10, 11:40
Typical hollywood narcissism, the song was sung as little more than an ego boosting tribute to themselves.

Safetyhit
02-13-10, 19:44
Typical hollywood narcissism, the song was sung as little more than an ego boosting tribute to themselves.

Yes it was. So many good displays of judgment to be found here as always.

halo2304
02-13-10, 22:15
Everyone pretty much said what I think of that crap.

As far as Olympic games, I wanna see the Norwegian Drive-By! (a.k.a. Biathlon) Too bad Jeremy Clarkson isn't competing! :D