PDA

View Full Version : John Stossel - The Road to Serfdom

ForTehNguyen
02-13-10, 19:40
Govt is doing more and more in our lives to where there is no individual spirit. Just as predicted in Hayek's book "The Road to Serfdom" Those in govt want to make people equal by making the results equal and not the starting point. It is changing our culture of free enterprise and its getting more and more like statism. The new form of tyranny isnt a Hitler or a Stalin but its those little laws that nickel and dime you into serfdom.

YouTube - John Stossel - On the Road to Serfdom 1 of 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=557tFUQoqEI)

GermanSynergy
02-14-10, 08:44
Govt is doing more and more in our lives to where there is no individual spirit. Just as predicted in Hayek's book "The Road to Serfdom" Those in govt want to make people equal by making the results equal and not the starting point. It is changing our culture of free enterprise and its getting more and more like statism. The new form of tyranny isnt a Hitler or a Stalin but its those little laws that nickel and dime you into serfdom.

YouTube - John Stossel - On the Road to Serfdom 1 of 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=557tFUQoqEI)

It's called "Hope N' Change"..... I've found alot of people to be totally apathetic to what you mentioned. Freedom? Well, as long as they have a 12 pack of Bud Lite, pizza and reality TV they could care less.

m4fun
02-14-10, 09:26
Unfortunately Germansynergy, I think you are right. Next legalize drugs and we can continue to dumb down the sheeple. Heck we still are barely teetering on taking our already bankrupt economy and doing one better by having socialized medecine.

Why would anyone want to throw everything out the window and start from where the Constitution left off again?

GermanSynergy
02-14-10, 09:31
Unfortunately Germansynergy, I think you are right. Next legalize drugs and we can continue to dumb down the sheeple. Heck we still are barely teetering on taking our already bankrupt economy and doing one better by having socialized medecine.

Why would anyone want to throw everything out the window and start from where the Constitution left off again?

I'm with you 100%. I hope that in the coming years we can get some folks in office that respect the Constitution, individual liberty & remember that the United States is not Europe, nor would we ever want to be. :cool:
It's quite amusing having a conversation with a clueless liberal when they are advocating "European style health care", when they've never been to Europe, nor have they ever spoken with a person that has actually lived under socialized medicine.

ForTehNguyen
02-14-10, 09:32

Letting adults decide what to do with their bodies is where the Constitution left off.

Submariner
02-14-10, 13:28
Letting adults decide what to do with their bodies is where the Constitution left off.

That's an individual State issue.

bkb0000
02-14-10, 13:42
how about repealing any and all laws restricting individual liberties... happy medium.