PDA

View Full Version : Somebody with a BCM std 16" middy, I need a favor...

Jimbo45
02-13-10, 19:54
Anyone that has a BCM standard (non- cold hammer forged) recent production upper, I need some help. How far back, are the markings on the top of the barrel, from the crush washer shoulder? I am thinking of cutting one to 14.7", and there would need to be at least 1.5" from the stampings, to the shoulder, to avoid cutting some of the letters off, when chopped. An online photo I saw looks like there is probably 2" space there, but I want to be sure. Can someone please measure the distance for me?

drivingforce77
02-13-10, 20:03
I have had my BCM 16" upper for a couple of months now. I just measured from the crush washer shoulder to the O in NATO and I got 1 3/8".

Jimbo45
02-13-10, 22:26
I have had my BCM 16" upper for a couple of months now. I just measured from the crush washer shoulder to the O in NATO and I got 1 3/8".

Ooof, that'll be cuttin' it close (pun intended) if trimming to 14.7". Thanks df.

arizonaranchman
02-14-10, 03:41

Same here... 1 3/8" from the rear of the crush washer to the "O" in NATO... :)

Selftest
02-14-10, 05:54
For my own enlightenment...

Does cutting off the barrel marking actually have any adverse effect (legal/resale) at all?

I was thinking of sending in my barrel to Adco and having them flute it and chop it to about 14.7 and mount a PWS comp on it...