PDA

View Full Version : 2 months and no posts !

N.Y.45 ACP
02-14-10, 09:21
Sad , sad , sad.....

We definately need to do something about the lack of training in this area.

I'm in the Hudson Valley area near Poughkeepsie NY.

Anyone else nearby?

Ed

Ash Hess
03-14-10, 19:22
I am way upstate. its like 3 hours to albany. Would have to be a weekend thing. I am game though.

usmc6177
03-19-10, 15:20
I am out by Binghamton. More than happy to group up and do whatever. Looking forward to some nice PFC training on May 1st up in Otisco! THen I have to figure out how to convince my wife to let me attend a MTDS pistol 1&2 course on our anniversary:eek:

USAFR
04-02-10, 17:46
Find a place and a time and they will come.

Be well, train hard.

m1a_scoutguy
06-20-10, 00:00
Hey guys,,I am petty new to this Site & I just stumbled onto this area !! Here is a Great Outfit based out of Central NY,,Utica/New Hartford Area,,,http://www.mdtstraining.com/ Although I myself have not taken any of his main classes,,( I know,,my bad:() I have been lucky enough to meet and shoot with Chris Fry,,,he is a Member of our Club and he has done Fund Raisers for the Club and donated his time and expertise multiple times. Chris & MDTS are a quality outfit !! Feel free to drop him a line & check out his website for details and schedules. :)

556mp
08-11-10, 19:22
OP, Im about 30min westbound on I84 from you. Lets possibly try and set something up. I have a buddy or two that are on here and live close to me as well. Know of an outdoor range that doesent hate guns?

Im just over three hours from Otisco as well.

Pathfinder Ops
04-03-11, 14:59
I'm up for whatever if folks are getting together. I'm Central NY Oneonta.

I shoot and train most frequently at Crumhorn R&G they have a great set up (handgun pits and 100yd wide open range as well as all the clay and skeet stuff. Less than $50/ year.

'tis the season folks.

Let's get out there NY'ers.

indawire
04-21-11, 19:16
I'm just a bit east of Danbury, not too far from P'kip. Put me on a list if something comes up for a get together, just need a place to go. Joe

cd228
05-07-11, 18:32
I'm up by drum

DMR
05-22-11, 20:13
I meet up with boltgun this weekend briefly at the New Bremen Club near Drum. He was running his second Appleseed of the year and helped out with some optics I'm reviewing. Second opinion and all that.

First time I was next to my Light Carbine with a Surefire Brake on it. We were shooting it inside the little shack and it just washed over you like a stiff breeze on every shot. The PWS 556 on the SPR was hardly noticable.

Also was the first time shooting much Wolf ammo through them. Noveske started to look like an expensive single shot rifle while using the 500 rounds of Wolf shit I had dropped off with the rifles and optics. That said they worked fine when I returned with various match and quality Ammo's. PP Match, TAP, Corbon Match, and some old ass 855 run through them like tops.

Any one have a rifle that runs on Wolf? A have a 1,000 extra rounds looking for a home cheap.

m1a_scoutguy
05-22-11, 22:10
Drop me a PM,,whats "cheap" ? I'm Central NY myself.

kest_01
05-22-11, 22:23
I'm up at drum, anyone up here putting something together let me know

Jfkudla
08-15-11, 12:52
Bringing this back to life. I'm in RI/MA (Boston area).

Tortuga
09-01-11, 16:35
This region is in dire need of communication and organizing some shoots, training sessions, or at least consuming some adult beverages somewhere.

Our schoolhouse (SERE) has officially moved to Portsmouth, NH, so there's at least a dozen of us in the area with the tools and/or knowledge to get together and do something useful.

Jfkudla
09-04-11, 09:47
I agree. Keep me in the loop on goings-on. By the way, nice signature quote. I was on the USS Hopper and remember hearing that quote quite a bit.

mikelowrey
08-18-12, 02:34
Hey!

I'm by Stewart Airport and would like to find a place to do some pistol tactical / moving shooting.... Who knows a place close to here?

Even better if we can make up a group to go shooting that would be nice.

Thanks and let me know.

Hehuhates
08-18-12, 07:02
Hey!

I'm by Stewart Airport and would like to find a place to do some pistol tactical / moving shooting.... Who knows a place close to here?

Even better if we can make up a group to go shooting that would be nice.

Thanks and let me know.

I'm 1/2 hour away. If you find anything post it up.

usmcvet
01-01-13, 06:36
This region is in dire need of communication and organizing some shoots, training sessions, or at least consuming some adult beverages somewhere.

Our schoolhouse (SERE) has officially moved to Portsmouth, NH, so there's at least a dozen of us in the area with the tools and/or knowledge to get together and do something useful.

I would be up for a trip to Portsmouth.

eternal24k
01-01-13, 07:39
I would also be down for a trip to Maine

usmcvet
01-01-13, 08:34
ME works too. 24K does Portsmouth, NH work too? Probably closer.

sjc3081
01-01-13, 12:27
I'm from Wappinger, we probably live less than 10miles apart.
PM me.

EzGoingKev
01-12-13, 07:24

Tortuga,

Where can I get some more info on what your organization offers for training?

EGK

Sentaruu
01-12-13, 10:25
im about 20 miles east of PK. most gun clubs and ranges around here are a pain. i usually go to wooster mtn. in danbury when i want to shoot, but they are always packed.

Tortuga
02-10-13, 20:00
Tortuga,
Where can I get some more info on what your organization offers for training?
EGK

As a schoolhouse, we don't offer anything to the public. As individuals, we can hang out, shoot, trade skills 'til the cows come home. I also know of a couple of instructors that are talking about creating a fieldcraft/survival skills school after they retire.

nowayout
02-10-13, 20:50
Lets keep the momentum up in here. Good to see some posts in our region. Maybe one day soon we can have a get together.

mattg1024
02-18-13, 17:07
I'm in Southern Maine, and work 10 mins from Portsmouth. When we going shooting?

rocsteady
05-04-13, 07:27
Don't forget us poor saps in the five boroughs...we need to shoot too.

Would love to get out with some folks from M4C; when work and ammo say it's okay