PDA

View Full Version : great app for weight loss

Grimlock
02-15-10, 07:33
Just wanted to put this out there to anyone who might be struggling with weight loss or just wants to shed a few pounds.

I'm pretty active and workout 3-5 times a week(lots of cardio), but aging and business dinners are hell on the body :).

I picked up a app for my Ipod called Tap&Track. It is pretty easy to use and holds you accountable with a calorie goal each day. I'm pretty competitive and always want to beat the score so it's easy to say no to the extra portion and if I do want to eat it I better get my a55 on the treadmill and burn those calories. It will not starve you and is limited to losing 2lbs a week. BTW you don't have to exercise, it calculates the calorie difference for active vs inactive.

The best thing about this is it gets you thinking about what and how much you eat all the time. After awhile it is super easy to pick the "good stuff" and you don't even think about it.

So far lost 13 pounds after 35 days. (193 to 180lbs)

Erk1015
02-15-10, 11:59
There's another thing for your computer called diet analysis plus. It's great for diet (obviously), but lacking in the calorie expenditure (exercise) area. Basically you put in an average activity level, and then you can input everything you eat in a day and it figures out how you're intake levels are. So you'll see a pretty decent spreadsheet of your intake broken down by type (carbs, protein, fat, vitamins, minerals). You can track it over a couple of weeks to see how you're doing on average and where you can cut back or whatever. I used it last semester for my nutrition class and it's pretty cool.

you can also check out mypyramid.gov it lets you see a break down of the food groups that you need at your weight level, it's also pretty crappy as far as fitness goes, but for diet it helps to give you some guidelines to try and fall under.

orionz06
02-16-10, 11:28
I use the Livestrong app.