PDA

View Full Version : Noveske bolt question?

GaryO
02-15-10, 10:20
I am about ready to pull the trigger on the current Noveske promotion for my first informed M4 build. I see that on "the chart" that Noveske scores well except for the Pressure Test (HPT) Bolt category. Is this a reason to pass on this upper, or can I have the bolt tested myself after the purchase? Thanks...

N4LtRecce
02-15-10, 10:27
I say just shoot it ;)

Skyyr
02-15-10, 10:44
The bolt should be fine. Buy and it shoot it. If it worries you that much, either get it tested or drop another $60-80 on a pre-tested bolt. $80 more is nothing if you're already dropping $1000+ on a Noveske.

Magsz
02-15-10, 10:46
I wouldnt worry about it.

If its that big of a deal spend 65 bones and replace the bolt with an HPT/MPI bolt from BCM or LMT.

I havent run into any issues with my noveske/CMT bolt carrier assembly and i have well over 8k rounds on the bolt.

Abraxas
02-15-10, 10:46
Go ahead and buy it. You wont regret it.

Heavy Metal
02-15-10, 10:51
If it is a otherwise quality bolt, pressure testing might not be a good thing. Some experts like Bill Alexander and Reed Knight believe it shortens the lifespan somewhat.

JSantoro
02-15-10, 11:01
Since April 2009, 7000+ rounds through my 14.5" Lo-Pro VIS upper with at least 6 different kinds of ammo. The thing gets cleaned about every 2000 rounds or so. I'm practically making an active effort to break this thing and it's not cooperating in the least.

Based solely on that, I'd hazard to guess tha the bolts are fine. Beyond that, the absence of threads or posts griping about Noveske BCG issues is sorta telling. Look for the trends; if the trend was for Noveske BCG parts to go TU, you'd see it somewhere, and it's just not there.

If it remains a point of worry for you, get your Noveske rifle or upper, anyway, and spend an extra howevermuch $$$ to get a bolt you're absolutely confident in.

SWATcop556
02-15-10, 11:22
If it was me I would still buy the Noveske and then get a BCM bolt from BravoCo. Throw that bolt in your rifle and keep the supplied one as a spare.

It's always good to have spare parts on hand, especially when those parts are a high wear item.