PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks Reply

CDDM416
02-15-10, 17:15
This is the reply I just received from the E-mail I sent them about their gun policy.

Hello Joseph,

Thanks for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

Thank you very much for your words of encouragement!

For Starbucks, the safety of our customers and partners is a paramount
concern. We have existing security protocols in place to handle
situations related to safety in our stores. We will continue to adhere
closely to local, state and federal laws and the counsel of law
enforcement regarding this issue.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective.

Warm Regards,

Samson D.

Customer Relations

Starbucks Coffee Company

ForTehNguyen
02-15-10, 17:25
all Starbucks asked was "was it legal?" and said whatever, told Brady Bunch to pound sand basically

marty
02-15-10, 19:09
So what is their policy?

Outlander Systems
02-15-10, 19:49
What a trip!

I got the exact same response today from them.

ForTehNguyen
02-15-10, 20:02
So what is their policy?

the policy said if its legal its ok

Robb Jensen
02-15-10, 20:54
the policy said if its legal its ok

Can't really ask for much more than that.

Go Starbucks!
Kenyan is my favorite from them closely followed by the shade grown Mexican.

David Thomas
02-15-10, 21:15
Can't really ask for much more than that.

Go Starbucks!
Kenyan is my favorite from them closely followed by the shade grown Mexican.

have you tried pike's place?

Pike's Place followed by Sumatra and Espresso.

Glad to hear this from Starbucks.

RSS1911
02-15-10, 21:27
I received this response ...

Hello Ron,

First of all I want to sincerely apologize for the delay in our response and appreciate your patience in waiting for our reply to your email.

Thanks so much for contacting us and taking the time to share your thoughts!

I sincerely appreciate your comments and hope you will continue to enjoy Starbucks coffee.

Sincerely,

Monica L.
Customer Relations
Starbucks Coffee Company

orionz06
02-15-10, 22:05
I didnt get my reply, but I did get some more gift cards and sent them an email.

Agile53
02-15-10, 22:38
Same here, no reply yet but I was a little late to the party so their reply should be enroute.

As a former Louisianian I agree w/ Dave, the Pikes Place isn't bad nor is the Italian or the seasonal New Guinea Peaberry.

Surely you fellas don't pollute your Joe w/ cream, flavors etc? Gotta stay leaded & Hi-Test in order to enjoy the flavor.

Mac5.56
02-16-10, 00:22
I've never in my life seen "warm regards" written to end a letter. How very North West of him.

I've been lurking on these threads. I'm pretty shocked that Starbucks did this considering where they are from, and their primary demographic.

Trajan
02-16-10, 01:05
I've never in my life seen "warm regards" written to end a letter. How very North West of him.

I've been lurking on these threads. I'm pretty shocked that Starbucks did this considering where they are from, and their primary demographic.

The only time I've ever been inside one, there were two gays making out on the couch. Needless to say I have never had any of their overpriced coffee.
Not a fan of the hipster/VW/Apple crowd.

Robb Jensen
02-16-10, 04:43
Same here, no reply yet but I was a little late to the party so their reply should be enroute.

As a former Louisianian I agree w/ Dave, the Pikes Place isn't bad nor is the Italian or the seasonal New Guinea Peaberry.

Surely you fellas don't pollute your Joe w/ cream, flavors etc? Gotta stay leaded & Hi-Test in order to enjoy the flavor.

I do like Pikes Place. And OH HELL NO on cream/sugar. Just the daily Venti Coffee, If I wanted cream/sugar/milk I'd drink the girly coffee drinks.

joffe
02-16-10, 04:59
Never had a Starbucks, they haven't invaded my country yet. Maybe I'll give it a try on the count of this refreshing policy.

d90king
02-16-10, 05:54
That's great to read. Go Starbucks!

LotI
02-16-10, 07:50
I think the best part of the Brady Campaign attacking Starbucks is the awesome logo they came up with...anybody else want a T-shirt of the guns and coffee logo?

http://www.bradynetwork.org/site/R?i=krGsGgdRDVns48zlcLBkGw..

Heartland Hawk
02-16-10, 08:01
I think thi is great. Especially considering their roots, as another person mentioned.

ZDL
02-16-10, 08:15

kombos
02-16-10, 08:48
I think the best part of the Brady Campaign attacking Starbucks is the awesome logo they came up with...anybody else want a T-shirt of the guns and coffee logo?

I like it :)

Cerberus
02-16-10, 08:52
I'll admit, years ago I was nearly put off by Starbucks "green" stance, and the seemingly hippie-ish style. Then while on my first trip to Iraq, I get a nice large box from a local Starbucks and inside was 16 large bags of some of their best coffee, and I am talking the top of the line organic and premium types, all donated from the store's employees. Since returning I've seen several of the local stores with these type of drives going on, and other local units have recieved boxes of coffee as well.

Now it seems they allow concealed carry as well. Maybe they aren't so bad afterall.

orionz06
02-16-10, 11:23
Now it seems they allow concealed carry as well. Maybe they aren't so bad afterall.

I have noticed a slow trend from places like these to end up trying to appeal to all people, not just the beatnik types. Even locally, some of the workers are becoming more and more "local people" rather than the coffee geek types that were the reason I rarely went in.

This is a milestone in my eyes as places as uptight as Starbucks are ok with it, that can only be a plus.

A-Bear680
02-16-10, 12:21

Sign me up for two. A large & a small.

I never would have believed that Starbucks would do the right thing. Could Whole Foods be next ?

chadbag
02-16-10, 12:28
I don't drink coffee, but I sent a note to Starbucks commending them and telling them that not only was the law on their side, but statistics as well. (I did not tell them I don't drink coffee of course).

pilotguyo540
02-16-10, 12:33

I never would have believed that Starbucks would do the right thing. Could Whole Foods be next ?

Let me start by saying that I am a coffee whore. What I have been seeing lately is the yuppie crowd moving over to peets coffee and tea. I think their products suck personally, but I am not an elitist. The starbucks demographic has shifted towards "normal folk." I have made daily trips to starbucks for many moons. They have the best latte's in the business. Otherwise I drink the pikes place black (macho harumph).

Whole foods has had a backlash from the left recently and I think that good things may come from that. I have to shop there every once in a while because my daughter is on a special diet. Every time I used to go, I felt dirty. I just make the wife go now, so I can't comment further.

Zhurdan
02-16-10, 12:35

Uhhh isn't that a Grande and a small? :D

I don't drink coffee all that often, but I'm glad they're supporting the law of the land. I might have to go in and get me a hot chocolate or something one of these days.

chadbag
02-16-10, 12:39
Whole foods has had a backlash from the left recently

Yeah because their head guy spoke out in favor of capitalism!

and I think that good things may come from that. I have to shop there every once in a while because my daughter is on a special diet. Every time I used to go, I felt dirty. I just make the wife go now, so I can't comment further.

Have not been in a whole foods but used to go to the local Wild Oats all the time (before it closed, which was before Whole Foods bought them). I made sure I had my best "tactical" pants on and a gun manufacturer T-Shirt, eguns.com T-Shirt, or whatever on when I went there.

When I went to the Apple WWDC developer conference in San Francisco in 2007, I did the same. Wore my 5.11 HRT boots the whole conference (mainly because they are the most comfortable long day walking things I have -- I also wear them around SHOT and Disney World etc for the same reason), and my Sigtac pants, and eguns.com T-Shirts... :D

thopkins22
02-16-10, 12:44

Whole Foods is already run by a good guy who pisses "progressives" off. I can't believe you managed to miss the hippies boycotting WF for offering their employees the freedom to make their own choices in the healthcare marketplace.

A-Bear680
02-16-10, 13:11
Yeah because their head guy spoke out in favor of capitalism!

Have not been in a whole foods but used to go to the local Wild Oats all the time (before it closed, which was before Whole Foods bought them). I made sure I had my best "tactical" pants on and a gun manufacturer T-Shirt, eguns.com T-Shirt, or whatever on when I went there.

When I went to the Apple WWDC developer conference in San Francisco in 2007, I did the same. Wore my 5.11 HRT boots the whole conference (mainly because they are the most comfortable long day walking things I have -- I also wear them around SHOT and Disney World etc for the same reason), and my Sigtac pants, and eguns.com T-Shirts... :D

When my wife worked in Whole Foods she always had a LaRue Tactical sticker in the back window of the Santa Fe.

David Thomas
02-16-10, 13:39
just got the same reply from Starbucks.

Also, I dig the guns and coffee t-shirt idea.

pilotguyo540
02-16-10, 13:42
Uhhh isn't that a Grande and a small? :D

I don't drink coffee all that often, but I'm glad they're supporting the law of the land. I might have to go in and get me a hot chocolate or something one of these days.

No, That's Venti (large) and Tall (small):cool:

ballistic
02-16-10, 13:43
I also received a reply to my email:

Hello,

For Starbucks, the safety of our customers and partners is a paramount concern. We have existing security protocols in place to handle situations related to safety in our stores. We will continue to adhere closely to local, state and federal laws and the counsel of law enforcement regarding this issue.

Warm Regards,

Alyssa R.
Customer Relations
Starbucks Coffee Company
800 23-LATTE (235-2883)
Monday through Friday, 5AM to 6PM (PST)

I took out the ? marks in the logo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/zodiacmobs/GunsandCoffee.jpg

T-shirts yes. Someone should make these at Cafepress.

Agile53
02-16-10, 13:52
I'm IN for the t-shirt X2, a med. & large. May see Pat @ Brady next month, too bad I won't have time to get his reaction, sure there would be some Irish wit/wisdom forthcoming from him.

pilotguyo540
02-16-10, 14:06
If the tee shirts are really an option count me in!:D

ForTehNguyen
02-16-10, 14:43
starbucks may see some increased business from gun owners for not being anti. Good PR victory. Im not a coffee drinker tho.

dmanflynn
02-16-10, 17:01
In all sincerity and good standing this coming from starbucks is very surprising based on their customers that Ive seen. Kudos to starbucks. And if someone makes tees ill take one too haha

Trajan
02-16-10, 19:28

I'd like to beat up whoever wrote that article.

RudyN
02-16-10, 22:55
I just received my reply e-mail today and it is the same as the first one posted. I hope that they continue their policy as i do like their coffee.

m4fun
02-16-10, 23:04
This is great - Venti, black with no room. If you want fufu stuff in your coffee you might as well drink a soda.

SickMAK90
02-17-10, 00:30
This is great - Venti, black with no room. If you want fufu stuff in your coffee you might as well drink a soda.

I have never even been inside a Starbucks...I don't drink coffee...hell I don't even drink soda (aka pop here in WV).

Props to Starbucks for allowing CCW holders to carry in their stores.

Irish
02-17-10, 00:34
I have never even been inside a Starbucks...I don't drink coffee...hell I don't even drink soda (aka pop here in WV).

Props to Starbucks for allowing CCW holders to carry in their stores.

The issue isn't concealed carry, it's open carry of firearms within their stores/coffee shops.

francis
02-17-10, 00:34
here is mine. Exactly the same.

Hello Francis,

Thank you very much for your words of encouragement!
For Starbucks, the safety of our customers and partners is a paramount concern. We have existing security protocols in place to handle situations related to safety in our stores. We will continue to adhere closely to local, state and federal laws and the counsel of law enforcement regarding this issue.

Warm Regards,

Samson D.
Customer Relations
Starbucks Coffee Company
800 23-LATTE (235-2883)
Monday through Friday, 5AM to 6PM (PST)

kombos
02-17-10, 00:47
I got the same reply today....

amast
02-17-10, 04:45
Way to go Starbucks!