PDA

View Full Version : CNN: tracking illegal guns from the U.S. to Mexico

Buckaroo
02-15-10, 17:44
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2010/02/15/lavandera.gun.trail.cnn?hpt=Sbin

Video only at this time.

Buckaroo

Ridge_Runner_5
02-16-10, 01:24
If only we could outlaw straw purchasing!!!

Mac5.56
02-16-10, 01:58
I was going to post this link. I have no interest at all in the hype regarding this issue. These kinds of things are the reality of a global economy, and the 21st century. How we deal with them will determine our strength in the next century. If one thing is apparent though, it's that there is no easy answer to the 21st century, and CNN and all the media hype only play into the Economy of Fear that dictates the American psyche...

But what I was really interested was the ACOG on the Barrett. Wha.. wha... what????

Volucris
02-16-10, 02:35
ACOG on Barret: fantastic medium range antimaterial setup. Coast Guard uses M82s with Eotechs to disable drug runner boats.

This is what happens when you make drugs illegal. Crime is required to deliver to those who want it and with crime comes violence.

M4Fundi
02-16-10, 03:48
Why can't CNN successfully track illegal aliens and drugs coming in from Mexico??:confused:

d90king
02-16-10, 06:00
Why can't CNN successfully track illegal aliens and drugs coming in from Mexico??:confused:

They do (not ATF) but .gov doesn't care because its not their "agenda"...

On the straw buyers, I hope they catch them all and they all get the maximum!

1911-A1
02-16-10, 08:22
ACOG on Barret: fantastic medium range antimaterial setup. Coast Guard uses M82s with Eotechs to disable drug runner boats.

This is what happens when you make drugs illegal. Crime is required to deliver to those who want it and with crime comes violence.

It's also precisely why gun prohibition will NEVER work. There are already millions of firearms out there, making possession illegal will simply create a black market that will channel weapons DIRECTLY into the hands of criminals.

Whenever you outlaw something, you create an illegal demand for it.

I was talking with a guy a few months back. He used to be involved with shipping, and routinely had dozens of containers coming over from various countries at any one time. He said the things they found in some of them would make your head spin. Bodies, drugs, lots and lots of guns. All hidden away inside legitimate cargo. And that was only a few out of the millions of containers coming in every year. Hell, sometimes whole shipments of Mercedes would disappear. There was nothing you could do but collect the insurance.

You can't stop this sort of thing as long as we have international shipping, a demand for weapons, and officials that can be bribed.

sadmin
02-16-10, 08:36
conspiracy answer of the day - drugs help fuel our economy, the .gov allows some of it, that influx will never change.
Illegals are something that I could write a 9000 word essay on and still not cover all my concerns. Crime in my city has quadrupled in the last year. We are an hour North of Houston so its no shocker that many who are apprehended have no papers. They shot and killed 1 illegal in my neighborhood, he and his buddy were stealing lumber from the homes that were being built. The patrol officer was attacked by them and they sprayed him with his pepper spray and tried to run...seems he cleared his eyes and sent a couple down range. My neighborhood ranges from 200-700 thousand dollar homes and they have no qualms about robbing, kid grabbing anyone or anywhere. I have NEVER been a racist or person that profiles people, but I have to say im very much against any rights, laws, privileges, money, anything that benefits those people. Being a Christian, it presents a dichotomy for me since by nature I should at least help or want to help those that are sick, or destitute. I wont even let my wife go down and volunteer at the soup kitchen, because they are so aggressive and unmannerly. I sit at work and look at the thread in militaryphotos.net of Mexican Armed Forces and it only fills me with the notion that could be the US someday...and it causes me to order more ammo. :(
<end coffee rant>

ETA:Sorry to travel on tangent...

Artos
02-16-10, 08:58
Academy quit selling black guns down this way due to fear of straws...The stores in corpus and san antonio are the closest I'm aware of. Most of the guns confiscated in mexico really come in from other countries. Heck, same sources they are getting the grenades I'm sure. Very few of the straws are even tied to the border region.

Vol, i don't agree with a lot of what you have to say, but I too feel legalizing would knock out most of the violence. It is getting pretty darn creepy in my neck of the woods. I get emails of shoot-outs that happen right across the river way too often. They recently opened a new port of entry which takes me right into the industrial parks...i'm diggin it so far.