PDA

View Full Version : Stag AR Range Report

Navy87Guy
04-08-07, 18:32
I finally made it to the range with my new Stag AR-15 2T. I picked it up a few weeks ago but today was the first time I was able to get to an open range.

I put about 250 rounds through the gun. Most of it was some Raway Green surplus ammo with about 20 rounds of Wolf thrown in. Everything fired without a hitch! Brass was ejecting about 6-8 ft away in a pretty consistent pattern.

I was shooting at 100 yds standing with nothing but the iron sights, so the groups were pretty non-existent. Today was mostly a function check just to make sure everything was working alright.

I also ran through all of my magazines. I had recently picked up six C-Products 30-rd aluminum mags with Magpul (gray) followers. All of them performed flawlessly.

Next time out I'll zero the sights. That income tax refund should be here pretty soon, so I see some improved optics in my future!

So far, nothing to complain about from Stag!

Jim

Robb Jensen
04-08-07, 18:36
I was shooting at 100 yds standing with nothing but the iron sights, so the groups were pretty non-existent. Today was mostly a function check just to make sure everything was working alright.

Was there any doubt Jim ? ;)

Navy87Guy
04-08-07, 19:13
Was there any doubt Jim ? ;)

Certainly not about the stuff you worked on!

I just checked tonight and my travel claim for my PCS move came in....so I don't have to wait until tax time for some more goodies.

Woohoo!! :D

kennyg
04-08-07, 21:43
I finally made it to the range with my new Stag AR-15 2T. I picked it up a few weeks ago but today was the first time I was able to get to an open range.

I put about 250 rounds through the gun. Most of it was some Raway Green surplus ammo with about 20 rounds of Wolf thrown in. Everything fired without a hitch! Brass was ejecting about 6-8 ft away in a pretty consistent pattern.

I also ran through all of my magazines. I had recently picked up six C-Products 30-rd aluminum mags with Magpul (gray) followers. All of them performed flawlessly.

Next time out I'll zero the sights. That income tax refund should be here pretty soon, so I see some improved optics in my future!

Jim

I just got my upper back from STAG because it was shooting very high. A lot of others had the same problem. On the positive side, they replaced it with a new one with about a 2 day turnaround. I have not shot it yet, but will post results soon.

Navy87Guy
04-09-07, 19:44
I just got my upper back from STAG because it was shooting very high. A lot of others had the same problem. On the positive side, they replaced it with a new one with about a 2 day turnaround. I have not shot it yet, but will post results soon.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be sure to watch for that when I zero it.

Jim

M193 BALL
04-19-07, 14:27

Jim

Good deal I like stag ( except the logo ! :D )

the First one I looked at was a Lefty
its fit was ROCK SOLID

BTW
you could shoot prone! I like prone

GOOD LUCK