PDA

View Full Version : MI ERS Zero Question

jrbrssrd
02-15-10, 21:09
I just finished my first AR build and have questions about the best method for zeroing the iron sights.
I have a fixed "F" marked front sight post, 16" carbine barrel, f/t recievr with a MI ERS. I've read over the battlesight zero threads and the like, but the ERS doesnt have the markings on it that show the mechanical center of the windage adjustment and also its not adjustable for elevation so I am a bit confused.

Any help or tips on this would be appreciated.

jrbrssrd
02-16-10, 19:01
Maybe somebody could post a link that would help?

Belmont31R
02-16-10, 19:12
You adjust elevation with the front sight, and windage with the rear.

If your sight doesnt have markings indicating mechanical zero my best guess would to max it out to one side, and then count the clicks until its maxed out to the other side. Divide in half, and then turn it that many clicks back. That will set you dead center in the sight's adjustment range.

Bravo30
02-16-10, 19:14
The sight you have does not work with the battlesight zero. BUIS are more of a set it and forget it kind of deal so they do not have elevation adjustments. To zero the sight just pick what range you want your zero to be, set up a target, and go to town.

Here are a couple of threads that discusses zeroing:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=4011

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=44155

11Bravo
02-16-10, 21:04
It is still getting a battle sight zero.
You won't use the improved battle sight zero or the revised version of it, but it is still a battle sight zero.

jrbrssrd
02-16-10, 21:08
Thanks. Got the sight centered now. Just have to wait until I can get to the range to get it dialed in.

And thanks for the links that were posted, after reading them I think I'll go for a 50yd zero. Just going to run the irons for now; I plan on adding an optic as soon as I make up my mind and have enough $$$.

jrbrssrd
02-16-10, 21:13
By battlesight zero do you mean that it is sighted in so that the bullet crosses the point of aim twice, once at 50yd and again at around 200yd?