PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good start for a fitness plan?

codman
02-16-10, 05:57
Ok so ive been slacking off and havent been doing as much WO as i wanted to do. But we moved into a house so now we have the room to workout. This is what im doing for a basic plan to start out working. I do Autobody at the moment and soon to do a huge career change 1 of the reasons i need be fit and for myself.

Ill have a cup of coffee and do some cardio in the morning to start off the day. Ill add more Workout as i get adjusted to the new schedule.

I have 100% Whey Protein from GNC that i had in the past made a smootie for a meal replacement in the morning by mixing with 2 scoops, a sccop of yogurt, and whole berrys, along with the water 16oz.

Im now trying it without yogurt and water and just adding milk and the berrys. Is this better than what i was doing before?

During the day i have water and my lunch will vary but average portions.

Then when i get home i will have water then dinner.

In the evening i will do anywhere from 1-3 miles walk/jog on the treadmill.

Reminder i am just starting back out after a while so im hoping this is a good start .

Ps the work out i use is the Belly Off diet from Mens Health.

The goals im looking to get are to beable to jog 1.5 miles in 12mins or under

Do better pushups and situps.

Any good exercise to be able to improve my pushups with weights?

Im still new to all the fitness and nutrition terms so be easy on me .

Thanks Dan

Rated21R
02-16-10, 09:02
If you really want to improve push-ups/sit-ups just do more of them. While you are watching TV do them during commercials. People laugh, but there are lots of commercials on and it works. Do incline push-ups (elevate your legs on the couch or bed), do diamond push-ups, etc. Good luck.

Ak44
02-16-10, 09:33
Determine your goals and go from there, your diet is going to be very critical. Generally it takes about 45mins of moderate running before your start burning any kind of calories. Mix up your workouts so your body doesn't get into a habit. Do a distance run one day, then suicides the next day, bear crawls the day after...etc etc. If you want to do more pushups and situps just keep doing them....push yourself even when you think you can't do anymore. mix up the pushups and situps...also do leg lifts and hello dollys and flutter kicks.

codman
02-18-10, 05:16
Well Ive been doing a High Protein Diet , low sugar and doing lower than 2000 calories. I have a 2 scoop protein drink in the morning with berrys blended into it and usually holds me over till 10:30. Then i will have a fiber one bar and a thing of light yogurt. Eat mt lunch around 1:20 or so and have nothing till dinner except water. I think im doing good and i have been eating plenty of healthy food just not correctly . Last night ran 3/4 mile on treadmill and walking the last 1/4 to cool down. The Belly off Workout DVD is heck of a workout! Its all about using your body and weight as a tool to train and lose weight , Its also a enjoyable workout .