PDA

View Full Version : Ready to buy. Like some imput

r42david
02-16-10, 08:21
Ready to buy... Pretty much narrowed it down to Colt 6940, Daniel Defense M4 W/Omega X Rail Handguard & Grip , and BCM... What dya think? Thanks...

SteyrAUG
02-16-10, 11:45
Ready to buy... Pretty much narrowed it down to Colt 6940, Daniel Defense M4 W/Omega X Rail Handguard & Grip , and BCM... What dya think? Thanks...

Colt or DD, can't go wrong with either. I don't have any personal experience with Bravo so I can't offer an opinion on their product.

Clinotus
02-16-10, 11:48
Personally, I've shot a DDM4 to a much better grouping than the Colt could reasonably compare to. Add to that that its a stand up package all around.

Why purchase a rifle, like the Colt for example, then add all the features/mods that you want at cost vs. the DDM4 which comes stock with the majority of features most shooters add? And it shoots better.

DDM4 hands down.

r42david
02-16-10, 12:35
I tend to agree... I'm definitely leaning DD... glad to hear it grouped so well for you.

thks for imput....

djegators
02-16-10, 13:15
You might as well take a look at the Noveske N4 while you're at it. Can get a basic for less than the Colt, will only need to change hand guards for a rail.

spamsammich
02-16-10, 13:19
the DD M4 with Omega X comes with a flared mag well, Magpul goodies, integrated QD attachment points with rotation limiters, and a hammer forged barrel. Out of everything you listed, for the money, the DD is much more feature rich.

r42david
02-16-10, 13:36
Model of DD I'm looking at has all the goodies to start... but on Impact guns, I noticed that DD has just come out with another version... listed for a 1000+ more bucks, very similar... Would like to know the big dif...? The first one I was looking at is listed as DD item #20000 and the newest is listed as DD item #20002; Daniel Defense DDM4v2 Carbine 223 W/Short Rail Handguard, Magpul Stock & DD Grip

spamsammich
02-16-10, 13:50
That has got to be a typo.

djegators
02-16-10, 13:52
That has got to be a typo.

Thats what I was thinking...on DD's website, they list for ~$1500.

r42david
02-16-10, 14:23
Called Impact, sales guys said it was a typo... Correct listed price: ddm4v2 $1719.99... still a lot higher than the other weapon. But sales could not tell me difference in weapons... Next call is the factory...

Thanks all for your input... greatly appreciated

Colo.TJ
02-16-10, 17:42
Have you actually held a 6940? Reason I ask is I was considering one as well. I held one and the side rails are way to fat for me. I then held the LMT MRP. I was going to buy a Noveske but after holding the LMT I bought it.

Check out Clydes for comparison pricing. They seem to have very good prices if not the best. Make sure to check the "options" drop down menu when looking at a specific rifle or any of their merchandise for that matter. Many times they have to comply with a manufacturers minimum advertised pricing and will give you the discount in the "option" menu.

https://policeguns.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=16&osCsid=ug5c1r98ulc23ld2kdcp9rm0n6

m4forme
02-16-10, 18:12
great quality products and A1 customer service... I'd pick one of there uppers that you like and build a lower... I can't speak on DD AR's but I stopped buying Colt back in 89 when they changed from AR-15's to there Match Target line... But thats just me...

r42david
02-16-10, 19:32
Yes, I've handled and fired many an M16 and AR, even used Colt's in combat situations... Was playing with my friends two days ago; a Colt 6940, with Trijicon TR24-3 (1-4 power, German #4 crosshair & green dot); Troy rear folding sight; CAA pistol grip; Magpul MS2, single point sling; Magpul trigger guard; Giessele SSA trigger; VLTOR stock AEB-MB; Surefire exec-defender E2D light with KX2C led
120 lumin conversion; all with Larue quick disconnect mounts... Nice MOA groups... Liked it a lot, but typical of Colt, loose between upper and lower... S&W15X and a S&W15T that I also was playing with were very tight by comparison... I'm still trying to get my hands on a DDM4 for feel, but none in my part of the country.... Just going off of research...

Thanks again for all the input... still looking

DTHN2LGS
02-16-10, 20:42
I have a 16" BCM Midlength and would get one again if I had the money to get a "spare".

r42david
02-17-10, 10:29
:confused:

r42david
02-17-10, 10:32
:confused:Okay, guys... Need input on mid-length... Would you go for the mid-length (more bucks) over the standard carbine system, or save the moiney for more ammo?

spamsammich
02-17-10, 10:36
Okay, guys... Need input on mid-length... Would you go for the mid-length (more bucks) over the standard carbine system, or save the moiney for more ammo?

If somebody is charging you more for a middy, you're getting ripped off.

sadmin
02-17-10, 10:40
midlength

C4IGrant
02-17-10, 10:52
All good options. For me, if I have to own a 16", I either want a mid-length gas system or a Pencil barrel.

Remember that when you buy a complete weapon, you are also paying FET of 11%.

So if it were me, I would either buy a BCM upper and lower or buy a DD lower and one otheir new pencil barrels and do a build.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/GR%20Custom%20Builds/DD_Pencil_LT9.jpg

C4

radchad3
02-17-10, 21:07
Grant brings up a good point about the 11% tax. I have been going back and forth between the BCM and the DD. DD just came out with a midlength and I am waiting to see what people have to say about them. The BCM sounds like a great deal but the DD comes with rear site, QD attach points, Moe stock, VFG, and I think it comes with a hard case. That is about 150-200 dollars cheaper to get an equally equipped BCM. At least thats what I came up with when I crunched the numbers! Chad