PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice....

billybronco
04-09-07, 07:22
Okay, I bought my Armalite several years ago and had a CQ/T atop it forever. Finally, got sick of it (weight, eye relief, crappy reticle, etc.) and sold it. Got an ML3 coming from Larue w/ cantilever mount. Stoked...

Anyways, I need some BUIS now. Rifle is a flat top upper design. However, in all of Armalite's wiseness, the gas block rail is exactly .25/inch lower than the main rail and if I stick my BUIS on w/o any mods they're going to be useless.

I've found several .5 inch rail risers online but these do me no good...I need some help in rigging it up so that both rails are on the same plane.

Thanks

Robb Jensen
04-09-07, 07:53
If I were you I'd get the Armalite rail mounted fixed front sight, a Larue rear BUIS and a Larue LT150 Aimpoint mount.

billybronco
04-09-07, 08:40
If I were to go w/ MI, I'd need to buy the taller front sight, I would imagine. Obviously b/c the gas block rail is lower than the flat top. Anybody know how much taller the gas block sight is as opposed to the rail sight? Looks to be about a 1/4". That would be perfect.

Thanks for everybody's input.

billybronco
04-09-07, 08:44
Also, I would imagine that all mounts that come from LaRue would be QD. Am i correct? I'd like to go w/ the cantilever for the simple fact that I'll probably be buying a 3X magnifier down the road.

Can everybody chime in w/ their opinions of the various mounts?

Thanks