PDA

View Full Version : Ne to forum..Anyone been able to match Magpul OD with a paint?

XDrigger
02-16-10, 12:21
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and need a little help.

I really like the Magpul OD green color but can't find anyone on the net who has matched the magpul OD green with a coating? I saw Duracoat has Magpul OD green but have read it isn't even close.... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Marty916
02-16-10, 12:40
I use Duracoat regularly and I recall that the WW2 OD Green is very close after processing. It's hard to tell what the actual colors are from the website.

pro2
02-16-10, 12:42
I used a duracoat home airbrush kit to paint a vfg in magpul od. The color is close, the sheen is harder to duplicate but it turned out pretty good. If you want a matt finish there is a flattening agent you can use. I thought the airbrush kit was a pain to use, and the aerosol only lasted to cover that vfg with some airbrush tuning.

XDrigger
02-16-10, 13:00
I used a duracoat home airbrush kit to paint a vfg in magpul od. The color is close, the sheen is harder to duplicate but it turned out pretty good. If you want a matt finish there is a flattening agent you can use. I thought the airbrush kit was a pain to use, and the aerosol only lasted to cover that vfg with some airbrush tuning.

So you used Duracoat Magpul OD? How close is it? Have any pics? :)

pro2
02-16-10, 16:02
No pictures, I would say that it is about as close as you can get, considering that the plastic color you want to duplicate have rougher surface compared to one that is painted, especially if you apply several coats.