PDA

View Full Version : OUTSTANDING!!!! Marines really ARE bullet proof!!

Gombey
02-16-10, 15:13
This story has made my day:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,586083,00.html

I guess it's true, marines are superhuman!! LOL!!!

ForTehNguyen
02-16-10, 15:47
those helmets arent suppose to be able to defend against rifle rounds, wonder how that happened. Oh n/m I just read the plate that mounts NVGs used to be there, that definitely had a factor in blocking the bullet. Damn lucky

Belmont31R
02-16-10, 15:59
those helmets arent suppose to be able to defend against rifle rounds, wonder how that happened. Oh n/m I just read the plate that mounts NVGs used to be there, that definitely had a factor in blocking the bullet. Damn lucky

NVG mounts aint gonna do anything to stop a bullet.

Either really far away, a ricochet, or a glancing hit.

Heavy Metal
02-16-10, 16:24

Could have been fired at long range or it could have been a glancing blow.

theblackknight
02-16-10, 16:56
Who wants to bet they wont make him fill out a missing gear statement on those NVG mounts!

OohRah 1/6 and 3/6, doing Marine things.

Erk1015
02-16-10, 18:51
Hell yeah dude! but now some staff nco is gonna be saying "I don't know why you're wearing an unservicable piece of gear. Fix yourself!":p

Stay safe and give 'em hell boys!

Belmont31R
02-16-10, 19:01
Who wants to bet they wont make him fill out a missing gear statement on those NVG mounts!

OohRah 1/6 and 3/6, doing Marine things.

You'd be surprised. I've read about wounded soldiers getting statement of charges for their body armor after they were hit, and whoever took it off. Gear with blood on it is destroyed. I read one specific case where it took some high level people getting the bad press about it to where they finally just wrote it off.

citizensoldier16
02-16-10, 20:35
Good deal! Considering a FN 5.7 penetrates both the front and back of the K-pot!

SeriousStudent
02-16-10, 20:53
I can personally attest that a Marine brain housing group is not bullet-proof, nor is it knife-proof. But thanks to the miracles of modern science, they get a little help sometimes. ;)

I'm glad to hear the young lad is going to be okay. Sending another prayer for all those young warriors.