PDA

View Full Version : Jim Smith and Spartan Tactical Opening New Texas Range

thopkins22
02-16-10, 17:51
Looks interesting. One range supposedly will reach 2000:eek: meters.
http://www.spartantactical.com/Spartan_Tactical_Range_Complex_Photos.html

I think this will be a good thing for training in Texas, including the companies that already exist here. The more people that get professional training, the more people will decide to expand their training with other viewpoints and instructors.

Jay Cunningham
02-16-10, 17:55
Wow, Paul Howe is down there too. Some great opportunities in TX.

SeriousStudent
02-16-10, 18:13
Very sweet, especially now that Ralph's has closed.

Thanks for the tip, I'll be driving out there soon to check it out. I'll post a report when I do.

CaptainDooley
02-17-10, 08:03
Cool. That's only a couple of hours from here.

PPGMD
02-18-10, 09:23
It would be nice to have a 1,000 yard range that is open on a regular basis.

David Thomas
02-18-10, 10:46
Wow, Paul Howe is down there too. Some great opportunities in TX.

Plus with the great instructors that Wayne Dobbs brings to the State, there are indeed very good opportunities in Texas. I am lucky to live within driving distance.

I need to look into the classes offered at Spartan.

bryanr
02-18-10, 14:04
WOW Very cool! This is very near my place!

Bryanr

SURVIVORTYPE
03-30-10, 11:23
Has anyone taken a course at this facility? Opinions?

Nick710
04-03-10, 18:01
"While I haven't trained at Jim's new facility, I can assure you that whereever Jim holds a course, it will be outstanding training. I've trained with Jim a few times and regardless of the range, you will learn how to fight with a gun (carbine or handgun)

Jim and Paul new each other in a prior life and they are both the best instructors you can get,

/thread

Ed L.
04-03-10, 22:06
I've done a class with Jim Smith and trained with him. He is first rate and a great instructor who notices little things that you do that you might not be aware of.

I have not trained at his new facility at Jacksborro, TX, but I have visited it and shot there a few months ago. It was coming along well then, so now I would imagine it to be very good.

Jakus
05-23-10, 17:34
Any updates here?

This would be an extremely convenient location for me. I would also like to know if this will be a private training facility, or if there is any opportunity for open range time either by day pass or membership.

thopkins22
05-23-10, 18:06
I would also like to know if this will be a private training facility, or if there is any opportunity for open range time either by day pass or membership.

I'm obviously not Jim, and I don't pretend to speak for him or his company in any way, but I almost guarantee it will be a private facility. If anything I imagine there might be opportunities to rent the whole thing out like Paul Howe does in Nacogdoches.